FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

layz Aug 16, 22 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 34518791)
Travelling outside into London has additional cost, I'm not sure what a return on the Elizabeth line is now, but it used to be about £20, before and then where do you want to go onwards to too? Plus the hassle of potentially a long wait to get back in through security later in the day, which isn't always a quick thing.

Some people just like to chill, I didn't have any issue passing 8 hours in QR J (not OW) lounge in DOH when going through before, which is a not uncommon connection time (either an early flight, long wait in DOH, or a later flight, no lounge potential hurry on a delayed short connect time).

The zone 1-6 daily price cap is £14.10 and this applies to the Elizabeth line to Heathrow too. So you can go into London and back on the Elizabeth line and use tube, DLR and buses (as well as National Rail within the zones) as much as you want and it won't cost more than that. The Elizabeth line single fares are more expensive to Heathrow but they're still covered by the cap.
Otherwise I agree with you. As I live in London I don't see the point of going to see it for a few hours, if I hadn't visited London before I'd think differently. But I have no issues spending hours in the lounge. As long as I have my laptop and phone and a place to charge them I can keep myself occupied for hours.

dnajockey Aug 16, 22 9:15 am

if you find a quiet corner and it suits your job, several hours in a lounge on a laptop with breaks for coffee/fizz can pass very quickly

Aus_Mal Aug 16, 22 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Never Stansted (Post 34518216)
If you have Amex Platinum itís worth including the Centurion Lounge in your trip.

I wouldnít bother with the BA lounge. Thoroughly dismal space that was dirty the last couple of times I went through it.

If visiting the Amex Centurion lounge, just be aware of the entry conditions when entering with a Platinum Charge:

"The Centurionģ Lounge is a day of departure lounge, which accommodates departing flights and arrivals when having connecting flights. Same-day round-trip itineraries are not considered connecting flights.We will be happy to admit you within 3 hours of the departure time stated on your same-day, confirmed boarding pass; or if your outbound flight departs after the lounge closes for the day, we will admit you as early as 3 hours prior to the lounge closing, subject to available capacity."

PGberkshire Aug 16, 22 9:30 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 34518337)
Someone has reported in the last day on the AA board that the Admirals Club is now open again. No word on the AA F lounge tho.

according to Oneworld Lounge finder: only for customer service / assistance

KARFA Aug 16, 22 9:49 am

i assume that is wrong as upthead xenole seems to have run in to help himself to some candy earlier today ;)

orbitmic Aug 16, 22 9:52 am

Originally Posted by itsmeitisss (Post 34518901)
That over acidic, over promoted MoŽt would be a reason not to visit. Terrible Champagne.

very ot but thatís also one of my least liked main steam Champagne. One of my friends works for LVMH in a position that means ample samples and I had to politely express my complete lack of interest in this particular brand!! (Thankfully, lvmh have a number of far more interesting products to offer!)

PGberkshire Aug 16, 22 10:54 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 34519066)
i assume that is wrong as upthead xenole seems to have run in to help himself to some candy earlier today ;)

Looking forward to seeing a Lounge review then :)

xenole Aug 16, 22 11:18 am

Originally Posted by PGberkshire (Post 34519301)
Looking forward to seeing a Lounge review then :)

In T3 again tomorrow, and may revisit, time allowing.
Pretty much the same interior as before it closed I think.
Cold cuts and cheese etc.
Scrambled egg, sausage etc., although a couple of hot items had run out.
3 bottled beers in the fridges (Becks zero?, Carlsberg and something else).
Coffee machines.

Pretty much standard breakfast fare in all the lounges.
Wasn't there to see the lunch menu.

Lies somewhere between an Admirals Club and a Flagship lounge.

SavvyTravel Aug 16, 22 1:09 pm

Can anyone point me at the place where all the current (Winter 2022) BA T3 (short haul) departures are listed. I've tried searching but no joy and I'm certain it exists on FT. This is a useful source https://londonairtravel.com/british-...ow-terminal-3/ eg reminding me that IB flights would be an option but it isn't dated.

And yes I am crazy enough to be thinking 'where can I go this winter where we leave from T3'.

lsquare Aug 16, 22 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by SavvyTravel (Post 34519712)
Can anyone point me at the place where all the current (Winter 2022) BA T3 (short haul) departures are listed. I've tried searching but no joy and I'm certain it exists on FT. This is a useful source https://londonairtravel.com/british-...ow-terminal-3/ eg reminding me that IB flights would be an option but it isn't dated.

And yes I am crazy enough to be thinking 'where can I go this winter where we leave from T3'.

Since LHR's terminals aren't connected airside, I don't blame you for wanting to fly out of T3. A lot of people don't care about lounges, but I do. I do prefer to fly out of an airport or terminal with good lounges. T3 is amazing and I'll try my best to fly out of there whenever I can.

simonkenyon Aug 16, 22 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by layz (Post 34518931)
The zone 1-6 daily price cap is £14.10 and this applies to the Elizabeth line to Heathrow too. So you can go into London and back on the Elizabeth line and use tube, DLR and buses (as well as National Rail within the zones) as much as you want and it won't cost more than that. The Elizabeth line single fares are more expensive to Heathrow but they're still covered by the cap.
Otherwise I agree with you. As I live in London I don't see the point of going to see it for a few hours, if I hadn't visited London before I'd think differently. But I have no issues spending hours in the lounge. As long as I have my laptop and phone and a place to charge them I can keep myself occupied for hours.

If I didn't live here and had a long layover, I think I'd do exactly this - get the Brendaloo into town, get the set lunch at Brasserie Zedel, wander round for a while and then head back. A little slice of London and lunch thrown in for £60. Living here as I do, in the before-times, the usual T3 routine would have been something from the excellent G&T menu in Qantas, then head over to Cathay business for some dim sum and dan-dan noodles. If you timed it right for the evening departures to Australia (around 6pm) then as an alternative you could enjoy a very good sit-down three course dinner in QF, don't know if that's still offered.

PGberkshire Aug 16, 22 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by simonkenyon (Post 34520046)
If I didn't live here and had a long layover, I think I'd do exactly this - get the Brendaloo into town, get the set lunch at Brasserie Zedel, wander round for a while and then head back. A little slice of London and lunch thrown in for £60. Living here as I do, in the before-times, the usual T3 routine would have been something from the excellent G&T menu in Qantas, then head over to Cathay business for some dim sum and dan-dan noodles. If you timed it right for the evening departures to Australia (around 6pm) then as an alternative you could enjoy a very good sit-down three course dinner in QF, don't know if that's still offered.

Next time try the set lunch here
https://noblerot.co.uk/restaurant/lambs-conduit
or the Soho one
https://noblerot.co.uk/restaurant/soho

dwugson Aug 16, 22 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by pythonisman (Post 34518468)
It's easiest to enjoy the T3 lounges if your next onward flight departs from T3. Most (possibly all at the moment?) BA flights to the US from LHR depart from T5 so on that sector you'd have to use a more complex method to get to T3 for the lounges, then out of T3 and over to T5 for your departure.

The BA lounges in T5 aren't a great place to spend 6-7hrs (similar to above, I wouldn't personally want to transit for 6-8hrs in a lounge, have done it a couple of times due to delays and it's not the most fun.

Instead, would you consider leaving LHR and heading somewhere in London for the time? The Elizabeth line isn't too pricey to get in to Paddington (or onward once you get there), and there is plenty to see for a few hours in that part of central London. If I were faced with a 7hr layover at LHR I would strongly encourage getting out of the airport, get some air/daylight and stretch legs before a next onward flight. (Obviously everyone's circumstances are different and you'd have to consider what to do with hand baggage etc, so this is thinking out loud only!)

AA flights are now back to T3 and no longer leave from T5

Greenpen Aug 16, 22 4:37 pm

If only access to J then do the lounge surf and decide what you like. If you can access F then stick to BA.

LondonAussie Aug 16, 22 5:44 pm

I can access BA F but actually prefer to go to Cathay or Qantas, depending on time of day. I may be slightly biased with Qantas though.

Also I'm regularly at BA F with flights from T5, so good to have something different in T3.