FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

GlasgowBlue Aug 8, 2022 1:18 am

Originally Posted by LondonAussie (Post 34494381)
Does anyone know the times for the full menu at the QF lounge? Just noticed an upcoming mid-afternoon Iberia flight is now departing T3 instead of T5.

There's 2 Qantas flights per day, 12pm and 9pm, so assume full menu would be in the 2 or 3 hours before those departures?

Have scrolled back a few pages but couldn't see anything obvious for the evening hours.

I was in both CX and QF T3 lounges at the start of July. We arrived just after 12pm IIRC and the very helpful and friendly staff member at the door explained we’d just missed the morning a la carte service.

I’m afraid I can’t remember the exact times. The staff member did inform us of them and it was something like 08:30 to 11:30 and 17:30 to 20:30. These are just approximations to the best of my recollection so apologies if they aren’t exactly correct. I do remember noticing at the time the a la carte service was for around 3 hours before each QF flight.

With regards to the thread topic, this was the first time I’d been in the CX and QF T3 lounges. Obviously my opinion is based on NOT trying the QF a la carte service so on that day I felt CX was far better for food. The noodle bar was fantastic. The food offering in the QF lounge when I was in wasn’t that different from what you’d experience in BA Gallaries Club. Nothing unpleasant, what I tried was good. It’s your fairly run of the mill airline lounge buffet offering.

As as far as ambience, decor and drinks go the QF lounge wins that one for me.

Radiation Station Aug 8, 2022 1:48 am

The QF buffet is quite average at best. The a la carte is great though. The times quoted above seem about right for the a la carte.

lsquare Aug 8, 2022 1:53 am

Originally Posted by Radiation Station (Post 34495517)
The QF buffet is quite average at best. The a la carte is great though. The times quoted above seem about right for the a la carte.

I agree. I went to QF twice in June and both times missed the a la carte. The buffet is average. Without a la carte, I rather go to Centurion Lounge or CX J for the noodle bar.

NickB Aug 8, 2022 3:14 am

Originally Posted by LondonAussie (Post 34494381)
Does anyone know the times for the full menu at the QF lounge? Just noticed an upcoming mid-afternoon Iberia flight is now departing T3 instead of T5.

There's 2 Qantas flights per day, 12pm and 9pm, so assume full menu would be in the 2 or 3 hours before those departures?

Have scrolled back a few pages but couldn't see anything obvious for the evening hours.

The brunch menu would be available until 12 noon (not sure of the exact start time) and the evening menu from 6pm onwards, I think.

Dark Blue Aug 8, 2022 4:02 am

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 34495529)
I agree. I went to QF twice in June and both times missed the a la carte. The buffet is average. Without a la carte, I rather go to Centurion Lounge or CX J for the noodle bar.

Does LHR have a Centurion Lounge? I was not aware when I was at T3.

lsquare Aug 8, 2022 4:04 am

Originally Posted by Dark Blue (Post 34495659)

Yes, it's at LHR T3. The only bad part is that you are only allowed access three hours before departure and they're strict about it!

lsquare Aug 8, 2022 4:12 am

Originally Posted by Dark Blue (Post 34495659)

Oh, and just in case it's not clear, you also need either a Platinum or Centurion card for access.

Dark Blue Aug 8, 2022 4:13 am

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 34495661)
Yes, it's at LHR T3. The only bad part is that you are only allowed access three hours before departure and they're strict about it!

I see. When it opened? I was there late June and hopped around in the terminal, never noticed it. Trains were on strike, so I got to the airport early and was killing time for several hours (mostly at CX).

Dark Blue Aug 8, 2022 4:15 am

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 34495670)
Oh, and just in case it's not clear, you also need either a Platinum or Centurion card for access.

Ive got an IDC Plat which is issued in the UK.

lsquare Aug 8, 2022 4:17 am

Originally Posted by Dark Blue (Post 34495672)
I see. When it opened? I was there late June and hopped around in the terminal, never noticed it. Trains were on strike, so I got to the airport early and was killing time for several hours (mostly at CX).

October 2021. You have to take the elevator to the second floor. It's definitely there. Source? Me. I was there. 😂🤣😜

Dark Blue Aug 8, 2022 4:21 am

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 34495676)
October 2021. You have to take the elevator to the second floor. It's definitely there. Source? Me. I was there. 😂🤣😜

Oh I see. I must have missed it, should try next time. I've only been to a few lounges in the US (mostly MIA and LAS) before the panda epic.

lsquare Aug 8, 2022 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Dark Blue (Post 34495685)
Oh I see. I must have missed it, should try next time. I've only been to a few lounges in the US (mostly MIA and LAS) before the panda epic.

The food is excellent. I would rate Centurion Lounge and CX J (haven't been to F yet since I'm still an OWS) having the best food at LHR T3. QF's a la carte schedule is too limited to make it onto my list.

layz Aug 8, 2022 5:59 am

There does seem to be a lack of signage for the Centurion Lounge. All the lounges in T3 are lettered and Centurion has A, but I've not seen any signs directing to the A lounge. I never bothered looking for it as the CX F lounge is perfect for me and delays at security meant no lounge hopping time.

LondonAussie Aug 8, 2022 11:28 am

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 34495595)
The brunch menu would be available until 12 noon (not sure of the exact start time) and the evening menu from 6pm onwards, I think.

Thanks, looks like I'll be too early for the 6pm start, so in that case I guess I'll head to the CX F lounge instead, although I might still drop past QF for the Gin bar or an Aussie beer.

Never Stansted Aug 8, 2022 11:30 am

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 34495690)
The food is excellent. I would rate Centurion Lounge and CX J (haven't been to F yet since I'm still an OWS) having the best food at LHR T3. QF's a la carte schedule is too limited to make it onto my list.

Agreed. The Centurion desserts in particular are delicious - really innovative and up to the standards of a good restaurant.