Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 17, 22, 5:38 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Old Jul 10, 22, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Wow the Amex Centurion lounge seems the option for desserts (or a couple in Qantas), an option lacking in the Cathay J lounge. We might end up hitting those in the end for that reason alone.
Old Jul 10, 22, 7:55 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Smid View Post
Wow the Amex Centurion lounge seems the option for desserts (or a couple in Qantas), an option lacking in the Cathay J lounge. We might end up hitting those in the end for that reason alone.
To be clear, the Cathay Business Lounge has a lot more food that shown, its just not on a menu.

For breakfast was fruits, yogurts, bircher, hot western food (sausage/eggs etc), hams, cheese, congee etc.

For lunch was also a selection of hot and cold food.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jul 10, 22, 6:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by PGberkshire View Post
To be clear, the Cathay Business Lounge has a lot more food that shown, its just not on a menu.
It did used to do a hot buffet over by the cold stuff, pre covid, but didn't when we last flew early May. Yes, they've got more, but I can't remember much of dessert stuff in the CX J lounge. But that could just be the amount of champers I'd consumed blocking the details.

The first airline (vs PP) lounge I went to when I flew J was the VS Clubhouse. The three course starter. main and dessert was excellent to me, and set a standard. After my shift to BA (frankly the 2 for 1 was useless on VS), I was disappointed overall with the Club lounges, but when I got gold there was some desserts like a lovely big slab of cake to have in F lounges. I'd kind of forgotten about dessert as a thing in a lounge until reading those menus. Perhaps there is some in the CX lounge I'd missed, or eaten. I only really ever eat dessert onboard planes or in the lounges, and I do supposed I'd forgotten and also missed them.
Old Jul 10, 22, 6:47 pm

How busy are these lounges on weekend mornings once open? (e.g., Saturday and Sunday mornings around 7-10am). I've found BA F in LHR T5 lounge to be extra busy, but its been a while since I have done LHR T3.

I've got an August flight out of T3 coming up where I have access to the Centurion lounge, Qantas Business, Cathay Pacific First, and BA LHR T3 First. It'll be just me.
Old Jul 11, 22, 3:12 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Simon Schus View Post
How busy are these lounges on weekend mornings once open? (e.g., Saturday and Sunday mornings around 7-10am). I've found BA F in LHR T5 lounge to be extra busy, but its been a while since I have done LHR T3.

I've got an August flight out of T3 coming up where I have access to the Centurion lounge, Qantas Business, Cathay Pacific First, and BA LHR T3 First. It'll be just me.
Busy-ish, but as a solo you'll be fine
Simon Schus likes this.
Old Jul 11, 22, 3:43 am

I did a mini lounge crawl on Mon 4th. Qantas didnt open until 8am so CX to start. BAEC Silver flying CW, no access to F. Breakfast buffet was ok but dim sum disappointing - thick rubbery wrappers and not v tasty fillings. Lounge fairly quiet. Headed to QF just after 8am, also quiet. Greeted by an offer of a flat white before wed even made it upstairs - excellent coffee. Buffet breakfast available with a la carte downstairs opening at 9.30am. Didnt bother with the BA lounge. Id stick to QF in future unless travelling F.
Prospero and LancashireFlyer like this.
Old Jul 11, 22, 10:18 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The QF lounge is IMHO the clear winner as far as food goes, providing you arrive in time to enjoy the a la carte service. The coffee is very good too.

The CX FC lounge has been a bit of a disappointment since it reopened but that said, Im very grateful it has reopened since it offers the most comfortable environment of all the oneworld lounges at T3. BAs lounges are now so depressingly tired. I was never enamoured by its interior design, fixtures and fittings; its all terribly dreary. I fully recognise how immensely challenging it is to design an inspirational facility inside the grotty bowels of T3. Ilse Crawford has shown us how it can be done cleverly with the careful selection of materials and careful thought into how the spaces are lit.
choosethedrew and CosmoCosmo like this.
Old Jul 11, 22, 4:15 pm

Agree about CX F, it’s lost a special something and is struggling to get it back. It’s nice but I’m bored of it. QF is fine and has lovely staff but has started to attract large groups of boisterous men and as a result it’s not a relaxing place. The Amex lounge is currently winning with me because the bar staff make excellent cocktails, but it does get rammed and is a grim dark place with no windows.
Old Jul 12, 22, 1:02 am
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I visited most of the lounges again this weekend and still dont rate the QF lounge - that said I am never there when the a la carte is on. There was a loud group at the gin bar, the food upstairs at the buffet was pitiful and the upstairs area near the bar had obviously had a kids tea party as there was food stuff all over the floor. I do agree that the CX F menu has gone down hill - although the Thai noodle broth I had was delicious!

I couldn't get into the AMEX lounge on this trip as I tried before the 3 hr limit and was turned away. Didn't bother going back as I met up with some folks later on.

I must try QF first thing or last thing to see how much it changes when the proper menus come out!

Regards

aks120
Old Jul 12, 22, 7:14 am

Do any of the LHR T3 One World lounges offer scones and clotted cream?

I remeber when travelling pre-covid that some lounge (that I was able to access free or with a discount with Eurocard) had clotted cream and scones but the few times I have recently been in Qantas or Cathay lounge I have not seen them.
Old Jul 12, 22, 7:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, *A Silver, VS Silver, ITA Volare Premium, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier
Originally Posted by JoRz View Post

I remeber when travelling pre-covid that some lounge (that I was able to access free or with a discount with Eurocard) had clotted cream and scones but the few times I have recently been in Qantas or Cathay lounge I have not seen them.
Smid, AirbusA350 and JoRz like this.
Old Jul 13, 22, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Confus View Post
Agree about CX F, its lost a special something and is struggling to get it back. Its nice but Im bored of it. QF is fine and has lovely staff but has started to attract large groups of boisterous men and as a result its not a relaxing place. The Amex lounge is currently winning with me because the bar staff make excellent cocktails, but it does get rammed and is a grim dark place with no windows.
You too? Damn! I also encounter a very obnoxious individual at QF talking loudly on his cellphone!

Originally Posted by aks120 View Post
I visited most of the lounges again this weekend and still dont rate the QF lounge - that said I am never there when the a la carte is on. There was a loud group at the gin bar, the food upstairs at the buffet was pitiful and the upstairs area near the bar had obviously had a kids tea party as there was food stuff all over the floor. I do agree that the CX F menu has gone down hill - although the Thai noodle broth I had was delicious!

I couldn't get into the AMEX lounge on this trip as I tried before the 3 hr limit and was turned away. Didn't bother going back as I met up with some folks later on.

I must try QF first thing or last thing to see how much it changes when the proper menus come out!

Regards

aks120
AMEX is very strict. I think I was there 3.5 hours early on one trip and the rep declined to let me in. I gave up and spent it at CX J instead.
Old Jul 13, 22, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by JoRz View Post

CX F lounge had them in it's (slightly hidden) buffet area when I was there Monday evening (so I assume are also available during the afternoon). I'm sure they'd also fetch you some if you ask.
JoRz likes this.
Old Jul 13, 22, 6:12 am

Early Sunday Morning

I have an 08.15 Sunday (ugh!) T3 departure coming up. What are my current best options, for a quick coffee and breakfast? Looks like QF and CX open later on Sundays, and all offerings seem to have been variable of late. Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 22, 2:26 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Originally Posted by aks120 View Post
I visited most of the lounges again this weekend and still dont rate the QF lounge - that said I am never there when the a la carte is on.
Does anyone know the times for the full menu at the QF lounge? Just noticed an upcoming mid-afternoon Iberia flight is now departing T3 instead of T5.

There's 2 Qantas flights per day, 12pm and 9pm, so assume full menu would be in the 2 or 3 hours before those departures?

Have scrolled back a few pages but couldn't see anything obvious for the evening hours.

Search this Thread