FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

Smid Jul 10, 22 7:30 am

Wow the Amex Centurion lounge seems the option for desserts (or a couple in Qantas), an option lacking in the Cathay J lounge. We might end up hitting those in the end for that reason alone.

PGberkshire Jul 10, 22 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 34412461)
Wow the Amex Centurion lounge seems the option for desserts (or a couple in Qantas), an option lacking in the Cathay J lounge. We might end up hitting those in the end for that reason alone.

To be clear, the Cathay Business Lounge has a lot more food that shown, its just not on a menu.

For breakfast was fruits, yogurts, bircher, hot western food (sausage/eggs etc), hams, cheese, congee etc.

For lunch was also a selection of hot and cold food.

Smid Jul 10, 22 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by PGberkshire (Post 34412625)
To be clear, the Cathay Business Lounge has a lot more food that shown, its just not on a menu.

It did used to do a hot buffet over by the cold stuff, pre covid, but didn't when we last flew early May. Yes, they've got more, but I can't remember much of dessert stuff in the CX J lounge. But that could just be the amount of champers I'd consumed blocking the details.

The first airline (vs PP) lounge I went to when I flew J was the VS Clubhouse. The three course starter. main and dessert was excellent to me, and set a standard. After my shift to BA (frankly the 2 for 1 was useless on VS), I was disappointed overall with the Club lounges, but when I got gold there was some desserts like a lovely big slab of cake to have in F lounges. I'd kind of forgotten about dessert as a thing in a lounge until reading those menus. Perhaps there is some in the CX lounge I'd missed, or eaten. I only really ever eat dessert onboard planes or in the lounges, and I do supposed I'd forgotten and also missed them.

Simon Schus Jul 10, 22 7:47 pm

How busy are these lounges on weekend mornings once open? (e.g., Saturday and Sunday mornings around 7-10am). I've found BA F in LHR T5 lounge to be extra busy, but its been a while since I have done LHR T3.

I've got an August flight out of T3 coming up where I have access to the Centurion lounge, Qantas Business, Cathay Pacific First, and BA LHR T3 First. It'll be just me.

PGberkshire Jul 11, 22 4:12 am

Originally Posted by Simon Schus (Post 34414055)
How busy are these lounges on weekend mornings once open? (e.g., Saturday and Sunday mornings around 7-10am). I've found BA F in LHR T5 lounge to be extra busy, but its been a while since I have done LHR T3.

I've got an August flight out of T3 coming up where I have access to the Centurion lounge, Qantas Business, Cathay Pacific First, and BA LHR T3 First. It'll be just me.

Busy-ish, but as a solo you'll be fine

CosmoCosmo Jul 11, 22 4:43 am

I did a mini lounge crawl on Mon 4th. Qantas didnít open until 8am so CX to start. BAEC Silver flying CW, no access to F. Breakfast buffet was ok but dim sum disappointing - thick rubbery wrappers and not v tasty fillings. Lounge fairly quiet. Headed to QF just after 8am, also quiet. Greeted by an offer of a flat white before weíd even made it upstairs - excellent coffee. Buffet breakfast available with a la carte downstairs opening at 9.30am. Didnít bother with the BA lounge. Iíd stick to QF in future unless travelling F.

Prospero Jul 11, 22 11:18 am

The QF lounge is IMHO the clear winner as far as food goes, providing you arrive in time to enjoy the a la carte service. The coffee is very good too.

The CX FC lounge has been a bit of a disappointment since it reopened but that said, Iím very grateful it has reopened since it offers the most comfortable environment of all the oneworld lounges at T3. BAís lounges are now so depressingly tired. I was never enamoured by its interior design, fixtures and fittings; itís all terribly dreary. I fully recognise how immensely challenging it is to design an inspirational facility inside the grotty bowels of T3. Ilse Crawford has shown us how it can be done cleverly with the careful selection of materials and careful thought into how the spaces are lit.

Confus Jul 11, 22 5:15 pm

Agree about CX F, it’s lost a special something and is struggling to get it back. It’s nice but I’m bored of it. QF is fine and has lovely staff but has started to attract large groups of boisterous men and as a result it’s not a relaxing place. The Amex lounge is currently winning with me because the bar staff make excellent cocktails, but it does get rammed and is a grim dark place with no windows.

aks120 Jul 12, 22 2:02 am

I visited most of the lounges again this weekend and still dont rate the QF lounge - that said I am never there when the a la carte is on. There was a loud group at the gin bar, the food upstairs at the buffet was pitiful and the upstairs area near the bar had obviously had a kids tea party as there was food stuff all over the floor. I do agree that the CX F menu has gone down hill - although the Thai noodle broth I had was delicious!

I couldn't get into the AMEX lounge on this trip as I tried before the 3 hr limit and was turned away. Didn't bother going back as I met up with some folks later on.

I must try QF first thing or last thing to see how much it changes when the proper menus come out!

Regards

aks120

JoRz Jul 12, 22 8:14 am

Do any of the LHR T3 One World lounges offer scones and clotted cream?

I remeber when travelling pre-covid that some lounge (that I was able to access free or with a discount with Eurocard) had clotted cream and scones but the few times I have recently been in Qantas or Cathay lounge I have not seen them.

choosethedrew Jul 12, 22 8:32 am

Originally Posted by JoRz (Post 34418215)

I remeber when travelling pre-covid that some lounge (that I was able to access free or with a discount with Eurocard) had clotted cream and scones but the few times I have recently been in Qantas or Cathay lounge I have not seen them.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...32a6cd94c2.jpg

lsquare Jul 13, 22 3:21 am

Originally Posted by Confus (Post 34416775)
Agree about CX F, itís lost a special something and is struggling to get it back. Itís nice but Iím bored of it. QF is fine and has lovely staff but has started to attract large groups of boisterous men and as a result itís not a relaxing place. The Amex lounge is currently winning with me because the bar staff make excellent cocktails, but it does get rammed and is a grim dark place with no windows.

You too? Damn! I also encounter a very obnoxious individual at QF talking loudly on his cellphone!

Originally Posted by aks120 (Post 34417588)
I visited most of the lounges again this weekend and still dont rate the QF lounge - that said I am never there when the a la carte is on. There was a loud group at the gin bar, the food upstairs at the buffet was pitiful and the upstairs area near the bar had obviously had a kids tea party as there was food stuff all over the floor. I do agree that the CX F menu has gone down hill - although the Thai noodle broth I had was delicious!

I couldn't get into the AMEX lounge on this trip as I tried before the 3 hr limit and was turned away. Didn't bother going back as I met up with some folks later on.

I must try QF first thing or last thing to see how much it changes when the proper menus come out!

Regards

aks120

AMEX is very strict. I think I was there 3.5 hours early on one trip and the rep declined to let me in. I gave up and spent it at CX J instead.

layz Jul 13, 22 3:49 am

Originally Posted by JoRz (Post 34418215)

CX F lounge had them in it's (slightly hidden) buffet area when I was there Monday evening (so I assume are also available during the afternoon). I'm sure they'd also fetch you some if you ask.

Dakota Jul 13, 22 7:12 am

Early Sunday Morning

I have an 08.15 Sunday (ugh!) T3 departure coming up. What are my current best options, for a quick coffee and breakfast? Looks like QF and CX open later on Sundays, and all offerings seem to have been variable of late. Thanks!

LondonAussie Aug 7, 22 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by aks120 (Post 34417588)
I visited most of the lounges again this weekend and still dont rate the QF lounge - that said I am never there when the a la carte is on.

Does anyone know the times for the full menu at the QF lounge? Just noticed an upcoming mid-afternoon Iberia flight is now departing T3 instead of T5.

There's 2 Qantas flights per day, 12pm and 9pm, so assume full menu would be in the 2 or 3 hours before those departures?

Have scrolled back a few pages but couldn't see anything obvious for the evening hours.