FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

babyg_wc Jul 3, 2022 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 34393627)
yes

Great, thank you for confirming KARFA

abligh Jul 4, 2022 1:13 am

Originally Posted by MarioRossi (Post 34389603)
Yeah I know this issue from long layovers when having breakfast in the lounge and then going for a run along the runways.

But thank you for your information 👍👍

I really hope you were going for a run along the walkways, not along the runways!

MarioRossi Jul 4, 2022 10:40 am

Originally Posted by abligh (Post 34394404)
I really hope you were going for a run along the walkways, not along the runways!

First the walkways to get out of T5, then along Bath Road ... so kinda along the runway.

flybymonkey Jul 4, 2022 12:00 pm

What champagne do they serve in the Qantas and Cathay business lounge?

markmac Jul 4, 2022 12:07 pm

Qantas does not serve champagne, only sparkling wine.
Cathay serves Laurent Perrier, not LPGS tho.

choosethedrew Jul 4, 2022 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by markmac (Post 34395804)
Qantas does not serve champagne, only sparkling wine.
Cathay serves Laurent Perrier, not LPGS tho.

Qantas serves Croser Sparking wine from the Adelaide Hills, which is rated 4/5 on wine-searcher.com and is on the richer end of sparkling wines and champagnes at 13% ABV. Personally I much prefer a decent sparkling wine to a cheap champagne and thought this was lovely. I understand if you are in QF F Perrier-Jouët comes out from under the table for you.

KARFA Jul 4, 2022 1:55 pm

Well I had it last week and I don’t rate it tbh. Much more prefer the champagne in the CX lounge - or even the champagne in the BA lounge.

happiest_at_40000 Jul 4, 2022 3:44 pm

I will be visiting T3 OW lounges for the first time this week and have 4 questions. I really appreciate any help with this:

1) Any recommendations for the order to hit them? I will be arriving at 6am and departing at 2pm.. From what I can tell above good to hit QF early enough to have sit down service so I was thinking breakfast there and lunch at the CX lounge. Is it worth paying a visit to the BA lounge or no?

2) Which has the best showers?? HOT water is so important to me and I'd love to hear if there are any opinions as to which is the hottest. My only LHR showers have been in the UA arrival lounge and that was hot. Hoping finding hot water in T3 wont be an issue. The FL lounges in the US are a joke for hot water except for LAX.

3) Is the AA arrivals lounge worth visiting or better to just clear security and come back airside? If the arrivals lounge is the go to for the hot water then of course worth a stop. But if not for that, is it worth a visit for the sit down breakfast?

4) Will I be able to access the F part of the CX and BA lounges due to arriving in FF on AA? OW rules would allow this as my onward flight is same day and less than 5 hours so that the long haul is clearly the flight over from the states. My onward flight will be a separate ticket that is LHR-NAP in Business so I know that covers me for the lounges albeit the F part of CX/BA so I am hoping the AA BP gets me in.

Thank in advance for answers to these 4 questions :)

Barnaby100 Jul 4, 2022 3:50 pm

Just had an email that my August 1st AA flight to DFW has bounced to T3 (gold in 1st). Wishing I had gone for longer connection now

PGberkshire Jul 4, 2022 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000 (Post 34396462)
I will be visiting T3 OW lounges for the first time this week and have 4 questions. I really appreciate any help with this:

1) Any recommendations for the order to hit them? I will be arriving at 6am and departing at 2pm.. From what I can tell above good to hit QF early enough to have sit down service so I was thinking breakfast there and lunch at the CX lounge. Is it worth paying a visit to the BA lounge or no?

QF first as they close their downstairs at 12pm, so if you want squid you can go there first then CX.
BA - why?

2) Which has the best showers?? HOT water is so important to me and I'd love to hear if there are any opinions as to which is the hottest. My only LHR showers have been in the UA arrival lounge and that was hot. Hoping finding hot water in T3 wont be an issue. The FL lounges in the US are a joke for hot water except for LAX.

CX has lovely showers

3) Is the AA arrivals lounge worth visiting or better to just clear security and come back airside? If the arrivals lounge is the go to for the hot water then of course worth a stop. But if not for that, is it worth a visit for the sit down breakfast?

Never been, so no opinion. Again, CX showers are lovely.

4) Will I be able to access the F part of the CX and BA lounges due to arriving in FF on AA? OW rules would allow this as my onward flight is same day and less than 5 hours so that the long haul is clearly the flight over from the states. My onward flight will be a separate ticket that is LHR-NAP in Business so I know that covers me for the lounges albeit the F part of CX/BA so I am hoping the AA BP gets me in.

Answers in line

happiest_at_40000 Jul 4, 2022 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by PGberkshire (Post 34396517)
Answers in line

Thank you for the quick response and helpful info.

I didnt catch an answer to question 4- do you know if I can get into the CX F lounge (or part of the lounge if its not technically a separate lounge) on the arriving OW F boarding pass?

The CX showers do look lovely. You'd consider the water to be Hot ?? One of my fav showers was QR lounge at SIN. They looked really nice like these CX ones also.

Btw I just looked and apparently AA is arriving at T5 now, which makes no sense since it says their Arrivals lounge is at T3 and I believe AA web site isnt showing it as closed. It must be closed since Covid or why would all their flights land at T5. So I guess my 3rd question is irrelevant.

Is it a really bad hike from T5 to T3? Worth visiting BA arrivals at T5 before heading to T3?

Thx

Prospero Jul 4, 2022 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000 (Post 34396462)
I4) Will I be able to access the F part of the CX and BA lounges due to arriving in FF on AA? OW rules would allow this as my onward flight is same day and less than 5 hours so that the long haul is clearly the flight over from the states. My onward flight will be a separate ticket that is LHR-NAP in Business so I know that covers me for the lounges albeit the F part of CX/BA so I am hoping the AA BP gets me in.

Can I check this. You will arrive in T3 early morning and will fly out to AMM on BA from T5 on the late afternoon flight? If so, I think your only option at T3 will be the AA Arrivals Lounge. Happy to be corrected though

happiest_at_40000 Jul 4, 2022 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero (Post 34396548)
Can I check this. You will arrive in T3 early morning and will fly out to AMM on BA from T5 on the late afternoon flight? If so, I think your only option at T3 will be the AA Arrivals Lounge. Happy to be corrected though

Hi- I made a mistake.. I edited to say Naples. I am going to Cairo via Amman and then onto Dubai but from Naples. So the flight out of LHR is to Naples which does leave from T3 apparently. At least everyday for the last 2 weeks. So I would have access to T3 but you were right that if the onward flight was from T5 then it may have been trouble getting to T3 to use those lounges.

If the AA arriving in F BP does allow access to BA F & CX F is it then worth checking out the BA lounge or its just not worth it at all?

Btw, the AA Arrivals lounge is open? It appears many AA flights are arriving at T5- those folks just use the BA arrivals lounge? Which of the 2 is considered the better one?

choosethedrew Jul 4, 2022 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 34396137)
Well I had it last week and I don’t rate it tbh. Much more prefer the champagne in the CX lounge - or even the champagne in the BA lounge.

Chacun à son goût! I really liked it, very full and less sharp than some champagne.

KARFA Jul 4, 2022 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by choosethedrew (Post 34397275)
Chacun à son goût! I really liked it, very full and less sharp than some champagne.

sharp? we must be having different drinks :)