FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

RG1X Jun 28, 22 7:11 am

A dark day for BA flying lounge lovers. :(

kq747 Jun 28, 22 4:17 pm


Originally Posted by sau54 (Post 34362690)
It happens all the time and I don't think it's fair to blame it on Americans. I was at the VS security screening last week and there was a guy that brought jam. He had an European accent speaking English. I do find it annoying that people are not ready for the security screenings. Whether it's liquid, laptops, or whatever, I don't understand how in this day and age, people aren't ready. Before I even get to the trays, the reps would remind us to take out the laptop and liquid. Yet, people still get to the tray not understanding what has to be done. I even saw a British family of three (spoke with a British accent) that was totally unprepared for the security screening. They were at T3 fast track and just ahead of me. I think they managed to talk themselves to the fast track because they were running late. It was a crazy day at Heathrow and I guess if you say the right things, you can skip the lines. Anyways, I got really frustrated with this family as they had to unpack everything from their bag. I lost patience and ask if I can just jump in front of them since they were taking their time!!! The guy told me to chill and I responded that he should have been ready for the screening as he was holding everyone back. I want to go to the lounge and not want to watch him unpack and repack his bag! I guess there's no love lost between Brits and Americans as he obviously knows where I'm from given my accent!

Honestly as someone based in the States, security here is very casual about liquids as long as nothing is over 100ml individually and I've kept mine in 2 toiletry bags and not the clear bag . Even at non-US airports, it has been years since I've been asked to comply with all liquids in a clear bag as long as they were size compliant. Havent flown through LHR in a decade admittedly so I gather they are still strict about this

jmasgat Jul 1, 22 4:48 pm

Newbie question (and may I never have to fly BA again with the issues I've been having with my booking). As a result of my latest flight segment cancellation, I am rebooked on a connecting flight out of LHR to MXP--but in coach. I am in Business Class on AA from Bos arriving in T3, and now with a 5 hr layover. I'm being told by AA that I will get the benefits of the highest fare class--meaning I should get lounge access. Anyone have experience that this is the case?n I will want a hot shower, food and a place to sit, and I would at least try to get into the Cathay Lounge at T3 before heading over to T5.

If worse came to worse, we could go Arrivals and then go on to T5--but I'd like to avoid that.

KARFA Jul 2, 22 3:55 am


Originally Posted by jmasgat (Post 34388312)
Newbie question (and may I never have to fly BA again with the issues I've been having with my booking). As a result of my latest flight segment cancellation, I am rebooked on a connecting flight out of LHR to MXP--but in coach. I am in Business Class on AA from Bos arriving in T3, and now with a 5 hr layover. I'm being told by AA that I will get the benefits of the highest fare class--meaning I should get lounge access. Anyone have experience that this is the case?n I will want a hot shower, food and a place to sit, and I would at least try to get into the Cathay Lounge at T3 before heading over to T5.

If worse came to worse, we could go Arrivals and then go on to T5--but I'd like to avoid that.

so yes you get access to J lounges based on your inbound long haul J bp. Keep hold of it as you’ll need to show it alongside your outbound LHR-MXP bp.

when you arrive in t3 you can head to flight connections T3 and go airside if you want to use the lounges. Make sure you leave plenty of time to get to T5, you need to be getting to security absolutely no later than 35 mins before your scheduled flight time. You can use the BA J lounges in T5 of course on the same basis as above.

eddy67 Jul 2, 22 6:10 am

To lounge hop in T3 do you need status or is simply holding a Club World/AA Business Class boarding pass sufficient ?

Having hardly flown like many others I am forgetting the basics of lounge rules lol

I have never been through T3 but will be next month. TIA

KARFA Jul 2, 22 6:17 am


Originally Posted by eddy67 (Post 34389486)
To lounge hop in T3 do you need status or is simply holding a Club World/AA Business Class boarding pass sufficient ?

Having hardly flown like many others I am forgetting the basics of lounge rules lol

I have never been through T3 but will be next month. TIA

if you are in J you can use any J lounge, or all of them in T3. You won’t be allowed to guest tho.

The _Banking_Scot Jul 2, 22 6:18 am


Originally Posted by eddy67 (Post 34389486)
To lounge hop in T3 do you need status or is simply holding a Club World/AA Business Class boarding pass sufficient ?

Having hardly flown like many others I am forgetting the basics of lounge rules lol

I have never been through T3 but will be next month. TIA

Hi,

I think a Club World/ AA business class ticket will be enough for Qantas and Cathay Business ( if you had BA Gold then Cathay First lounge would be available also)

Regards

TBS

Radiation Station Jul 2, 22 6:39 am


Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 34389293)
so yes you get access to J lounges based on your inbound long haul J bp. Keep hold of it as you’ll need to show it alongside your outbound LHR-MXP bp.

when you arrive in t3 you can head to flight connections T3 and go airside if you want to use the lounges. Make sure you leave plenty of time to get to T5, you need to be getting to security absolutely no later than 35 mins before your scheduled flight time. You can use the BA J lounges in T5 of course on the same basis as above.

I honestly had no idea you could visit the T3 lounges if arriving into T3 and connecting on to T5. I guess I assumed you wouldn’t be able to access the T3 lounges physically or technically. That is very good to know for the future, thanks.

MarioRossi Jul 2, 22 6:53 am


Originally Posted by Radiation Station (Post 34389542)
I honestly had no idea you could visit the T3 lounges if arriving into T3 and connecting on to T5. I guess I assumed you wouldn’t be able to access the T3 lounges physically or technically. That is very good to know for the future, thanks.

I am also not sure the information is correct. Are you now able to go through security at T3 with a T5 boarding pass? Didn't work in the past and since you need to re-clear security on inbound, I am unsure whether you'd get through.

Maybe someone here can help? Access to T3 with T5 boarding pass?

KARFA Jul 2, 22 6:55 am


Originally Posted by MarioRossi (Post 34389571)
I am also not sure the information is correct. Are you now able to go through security at T3 with a T5 boarding pass? Didn't work in the past and since you need to re-clear security on inbound, I am unsure whether you'd get through.

Maybe someone here can help? Access to T3 with T5 boarding pass?

Yes if going through connections, no if coming from landside.

MarioRossi Jul 2, 22 6:59 am


Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 34389578)
Yes if going through connections, no if coming from landside.

Thank you for clarifying. So theoretically one could clear security at T5, take the bus to T3, lounge hop there and then go back to T5? Not that it's something I would do with the current situation at security.

KARFA Jul 2, 22 7:04 am


Originally Posted by MarioRossi (Post 34389591)
Thank you for clarifying. So theoretically one could clear security at T5, take the bus to T3, lounge hop there and then go back to T5? Not that it's something I would do with the current situation at security.

theoretically, but I wouldn’t do it in normal times unless you really know what you are doing and where you are going. Also you will have caused problems with your t5 flight as you will have been marked as ready to fly the first time you went through security, so you will need to have this fixed when you come back to t5.

MarioRossi Jul 2, 22 7:06 am


Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 34389597)
theoretically, but I wouldn’t do it in normal times unless you really know what you are doing and where you are going. Also you will have caused problems with your t5 flight as you will have been marked as ready to fly the first time you went through security, so you will need to have this fixed when you come back to t5.

Yeah I know this issue from long layovers when having breakfast in the lounge and then going for a run along the runways.

But thank you for your information 👍👍

babyg_wc Jul 3, 22 5:26 pm


Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 34389492)
if you are in J you can use any J lounge, or all of them in T3. You won’t be allowed to guest tho.

Can a BA silver flying BA economy guest into CX/Qantas in T3?

KARFA Jul 3, 22 5:33 pm


Originally Posted by babyg_wc (Post 34393617)
Can a BA silver flying BA economy guest into CX/Qantas in T3?

yes


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:27 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.