Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 13, 20, 5:30 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Old Jun 5, 22, 7:50 pm

That menu makes me hungry. I was there til bit past 11am and still was able to order. You should be ok.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jun 16, 22, 8:55 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by NickB View Post
I am less concerned by the lack of Aussie beer than by the lack of Aussie Gin. In the early days of the lounge, it used to have a huge range of gins including several Aussie ones. We are now down to a handful (6, IIRC) and zero from Australia. They do stock Martin Miller, which is one of my go-tos, thankfully, and also Tanq 10 but the range is minuscule compared to what it used to be, which is disappointing as the gin bar was really what distinguished the Qantas lounge most from the other T3 ones..
That's a shame I was looking forward a multi gin tasting session next month before I hop on a flight to LAS - I will have to make do with the 6 left!

Last time I was in T3 was mid March 2020, so just before the world ground to a halt - fingers crossed for a relatively smooth experience judging by some of the reports on here.
Old Jun 18, 22, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I am less concerned by the lack of Aussie beer than by the lack of Aussie Gin. In the early days of the lounge, it used to have a huge range of gins including several Aussie ones. We are now down to a handful (6, IIRC) and zero from Australia. They do stock Martin Miller, which is one of my go-tos, thankfully, and also Tanq 10 but the range is minuscule compared to what it used to be, which is disappointing as the gin bar was really what distinguished the Qantas lounge most from the other T3 ones..
Oh no! Disappointed to hear this. It was a very memorable experience when first opened and I think the only place in the UK you could sample Green Ant gin (look it up - genuinely good, as well as the novelty factor).
NickB likes this.
Old Jun 18, 22, 6:30 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GCab View Post
Oh no! Disappointed to hear this. It was a very memorable experience when first opened and I think the only place in the UK you could sample Green Ant gin (look it up - genuinely good, as well as the novelty factor).
At least they use Bundaberg and Fevertree as mixers, which is a hell of a lot better than BA Galleries. I didnít visit the QF T3 lounge pre covid but it would be amazing if they brought back the wider range of gin.
Old Jun 18, 22, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Supply chain issues maybe? I'm passing through T3 in a couple of weeks time and have a tasty 7 hours between flights, so I'm looking forward to heading to both QF and CX for a visit... and might stick the head in at BA as well.
Old Jun 18, 22, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GCab View Post
Yeah, I do miss the green ant gin too .
Old Jun 18, 22, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC gold, M&M FQTV
Last time I used flight connections in T3 the wait in line was over an hour (no fast track, hundreds queueing and only two lanes open) and I didn't have time for a shower and barely had time to grab a few sandwiches in the CX lounge before my connecting short haul flight began boarding.

If I come into T3, is it better to exit landside (go through immigration) using the E gates and then go back through fast track security? Or should I just suck it up and deal with the line at flight connections? This time I'm connecting from short haul to long haul so I won't need a shower but I really would like to get some breakfast at the Cathay F lounge (love their dim sum). Landing T3 at 10:35 (with a 2:55 layover). Sounds like both the CX F and QF lounges will have their restaurants open during the time I'm there. Does BA F serve the burger a la carte then?
Old Jun 18, 22, 8:23 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by eefor jfp View Post
Last time I used flight connections in T3 the wait in line was over an hour (no fast track, hundreds queueing and only two lanes open) and I didn't have time for a shower and barely had time to grab a few sandwiches in the CX lounge before my connecting short haul flight began boarding.

If I come into T3, is it better to exit landside (go through immigration) using the E gates and then go back through fast track security? Or should I just suck it up and deal with the line at flight connections? This time I'm connecting from short haul to long haul so I won't need a shower but I really would like to get some breakfast at the Cathay F lounge (love their dim sum). Landing T3 at 10:35 (with a 2:55 layover). Sounds like both the CX F and QF lounges will have their restaurants open during the time I'm there. Does BA F serve the burger a la carte then?
I passed through T3 flight connections yesterday. They had two desks to check documents and then four security lanes open. I think it probably took us 45 mins to get through, which was because fast track wasnít open and the numerous Americans in front of us who had apparently visited LHR or European security for the first time. Despite repeated instructions and demonstrations, the majority of these travellers still didnít comply with liquid requirements - multiple people left their liquids in their bags or tried to bring through more than one bag per person, or oversized toiletries. Security were doing their job really well but frankly there are no limits to human traveller stupidity. The majority of the people in front of us seemed shocked that liquids needs to be screened and had to be a certain size. Our entirely compliant and appropriately bagged liquids were then secondary screened for no reason whatsoever and we had to wait behind these travel-challenged individuals.

LHR desperately needs to bring back fast track security for flight connections (and also consider a separate lane for frequent flyers tbh, so we donít have to deal with this crap).

Edit: we passed through T3 FC during jubilee weekend and the actual security queue was much shorter and more efficient, with no traveller related compliance/cognitive impairment issues. However, they only had one person checking documents prior to this so there was a fairly large queue there. On that occasion, multiple people were turned away because they had gone to the wrong terminal, so this line took a long time to clear. Then a French couple decided to block the line and have an argument with the lady for not letting them through, even though boarding for their flight had already closed.
Old Jun 18, 22, 8:24 am

I'm flying CW on a 10.20am flight next month with my 13 year old - what will the breakfast options be in CX and QF early morning? We'll be at T3 by approx 6.30am. TIA!
Old Jun 18, 22, 12:21 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CosmoCosmo View Post
I'm flying CW on a 10.20am flight next month with my 13 year old - what will the breakfast options be in CX and QF early morning? We'll be at T3 by approx 6.30am. TIA!
Scroll up, plenty of menu pictures.
Old Jun 23, 22, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

QF T3 lounge downstairs restaurant no longer serving lunch. It is upstairs buffet only at lunchtime. I guess that if you want the table service menu, you need to be there before the departure of QF10 to PER/MEL just before noon for brunch or in the evening for dinner.
Old Jun 23, 22, 10:46 am

QF T3 lounge downstairs restaurant no longer serving lunch. It is upstairs buffet only at lunchtime. I guess that if you want the table service menu, you need to be there before the departure of QF10 to PER/MEL just before noon for brunch or in the evening for dinner.
I was at QF T3 last week and that was confirmed by the employees there. Table service is only before noon and in the evening. Too bad I didn't get to the LHR early enough to try out the a la carte service!
Old Jun 23, 22, 11:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Radiation Station View Post
I passed through T3 flight connections yesterday. They had two desks to check documents and then four security lanes open. I think it probably took us 45 mins to get through, which was because fast track wasnít open and the numerous Americans in front of us who had apparently visited LHR or European security for the first time. Despite repeated instructions and demonstrations, the majority of these travellers still didnít comply with liquid requirements - multiple people left their liquids in their bags or tried to bring through more than one bag per person, or oversized toiletries. Security were doing their job really well but frankly there are no limits to human traveller stupidity. The majority of the people in front of us seemed shocked that liquids needs to be screened and had to be a certain size. Our entirely compliant and appropriately bagged liquids were then secondary screened for no reason whatsoever and we had to wait behind these travel-challenged individuals.
Experienced something very similar last Friday morning - but it was in Fast Track T3. The peeps in front of us (fairly sure Americans) would stand in line doing nothing. Then, and only when, they arrived at the baggage trays, proceed to open their bags, remove their laptops/ipads, and then locate and bag up their liquids into the bags the overly-nice security agent gave them.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jun 23, 22, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Radiation Station View Post
I passed through T3 flight connections yesterday. They had two desks to check documents and then four security lanes open. I think it probably took us 45 mins to get through, which was because fast track wasn’t open and the numerous Americans in front of us who had apparently visited LHR or European security for the first time. Despite repeated instructions and demonstrations, the majority of these travellers still didn’t comply with liquid requirements - multiple people left their liquids in their bags or tried to bring through more than one bag per person, or oversized toiletries. Security were doing their job really well but frankly there are no limits to human traveller stupidity. The majority of the people in front of us seemed shocked that liquids needs to be screened and had to be a certain size. Our entirely compliant and appropriately bagged liquids were then secondary screened for no reason whatsoever and we had to wait behind these travel-challenged individuals.

LHR desperately needs to bring back fast track security for flight connections (and also consider a separate lane for frequent flyers tbh, so we don’t have to deal with this crap).

Edit: we passed through T3 FC during jubilee weekend and the actual security queue was much shorter and more efficient, with no traveller related compliance/cognitive impairment issues. However, they only had one person checking documents prior to this so there was a fairly large queue there. On that occasion, multiple people were turned away because they had gone to the wrong terminal, so this line took a long time to clear. Then a French couple decided to block the line and have an argument with the lady for not letting them through, even though boarding for their flight had already closed.
Originally Posted by danmushman View Post
Experienced something very similar last Friday morning - but it was in Fast Track T3. The peeps in front of us (fairly sure Americans) would stand in line doing nothing. Then, and only when, they arrived at the baggage trays, proceed to open their bags, remove their laptops/ipads, and then locate and bag up their liquids into the bags the overly-nice security agent gave them.
It happens all the time and I don't think it's fair to blame it on Americans. I was at the VS security screening last week and there was a guy that brought jam. He had an European accent speaking English. I do find it annoying that people are not ready for the security screenings. Whether it's liquid, laptops, or whatever, I don't understand how in this day and age, people aren't ready. Before I even get to the trays, the reps would remind us to take out the laptop and liquid. Yet, people still get to the tray not understanding what has to be done. I even saw a British family of three (spoke with a British accent) that was totally unprepared for the security screening. They were at T3 fast track and just ahead of me. I think they managed to talk themselves to the fast track because they were running late. It was a crazy day at Heathrow and I guess if you say the right things, you can skip the lines. Anyways, I got really frustrated with this family as they had to unpack everything from their bag. I lost patience and ask if I can just jump in front of them since they were taking their time!!! The guy told me to chill and I responded that he should have been ready for the screening as he was holding everyone back. I want to go to the lounge and not want to watch him unpack and repack his bag! I guess there's no love lost between Brits and Americans as he obviously knows where I'm from given my accent!
SirToby and danmushman like this.
Old Jun 23, 22, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by sau54 View Post
It happens all the time and I don't think it's fair to blame it on Americans. I was at the VS security screening last week and there was a guy that brought jam. He had an European accent speaking English. I do find it annoying that people are not ready for the security screenings. Whether it's liquid, laptops, or whatever, I don't understand how in this day and age, people aren't ready. Before I even get to the trays, the reps would remind us to take out the laptop and liquid. Yet, people still get to the tray not understanding what has to be done. I even saw a British family of three (spoke with a British accent) that was totally unprepared for the security screening. They were at T3 fast track and just ahead of me. I think they managed to talk themselves to the fast track because they were running late. It was a crazy day at Heathrow and I guess if you say the right things, you can skip the lines. Anyways, I got really frustrated with this family as they had to unpack everything from their bag. I lost patience and ask if I can just jump in front of them since they were taking their time!!! The guy told me to chill and I responded that he should have been ready for the screening as he was holding everyone back. I want to go to the lounge and not want to watch him unpack and repack his bag! I guess there's no love lost between Brits and Americans as he obviously knows where I'm from given my accent!
In fairness to Americans, the allowance for liquids in the US is more than whatís allowed in the UK: still 100 ml per bottle, but you can take more (up to a quart bag), whereas in the UK you have to fit all your liquids in a tiny sandwich bag, which they also want to see sealed tight.

Search this Thread