FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

CatchThePigeon May 31, 22 9:40 am

The BA Galleries at T3 does seem a bit of a zoo compared to the CX and QF lounges. But I don't think it needs much of a refurb or redesign to make significant improvement. New carpets/flooring and furniture similar to LGW Galleries would suffice and change the canteen'ish feel to the place.

I actually find the QF lounge to be very sterile in atmosphere but I've never been in when busy (that's usually a good thing in a lounge but for me it has the feel of a closed floor of a hotel). Sooner AA lounge reopens the better to keep away the hordes from CX and maybe then that will give a window for BA to spruce up their lounge. Although really, for the little they need do to it they could do an overnight job.

Never Stansted May 31, 22 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Never Stansted (Post 34294633)
In the CX J lounge now for the first time in years. Had forgotten how good it was. T3 is incredibly busy (I think fast track security must have saved me at least an hour) but the lounge is so calm. I might visit the Amex lounge a bit later as Ive never been there.

Amex lounge: very good cocktails, like the food, total lack of windows is depressing, I find it a bit vulgar that they serve people different drinks when they ask for champagne based on which Amex card they have (fine if you have different lounges but having a bottle of Veuve on the side you pull out for some people just looks a bit tacky!)

Smid May 31, 22 10:47 am

Originally Posted by PGberkshire (Post 34294471)
Have you actually been to the UK AMEX lounge then?

Cocktails were good and the food, albeit small was punchy and fresh, really good small plates.

Well, Amex lounge looks like only opened last October, so no, not had a chance, given that Covid got in the way of a lot of travel and our flights didn't go from T3 when we'd booked AA around Christmas (and chose AA because wanting T3 when booking it). Frankly, I had not considered the possibility that Amex lounges could vary widely across the world, or that they may have improved.

A bit of hot pasta, and some sandwiches was the selection before in Vegas, the only one I had a chance to visit before that (given it's a lounge accessible across all terminals). SFO's Amex lounge sounded a faff to get to and back when there in April, and only other place I'd see one would be in T4 of JFK where it would never compete with the VS lounge. So their usage is largely eclectic for comparisons.

However, in the US the choice is often "No lounge, $28 a beer/Oh great there's an Amex lounge and DEAR GOD NOT THE ADMIRALS CLUB" (and I really wish I had went anywhere else in SFO), then you've got nothing much to out perform. It does sound as if you're saying not all Amex Centurion lounges are the same. But, they all also don't do Champagne unless you're so rich you'd not flinch at buying a bottle at the $28 a beer bar (have the black card)".

You could be saying those little sandwiches there are really nice. I think that is perfectly possible, I've never thought to try them (in amex lounge or anywhere else, like in the CX lounge), they just remind me of Sainsburys and M&S meal deal wraps I've eaten far too many times.

Agent69 May 31, 22 10:47 am

I've a 10:20 AY flight to HEL in J coming up. I'm a bit boring when it comes to food, so would prefer sausage, bacon and eggs for breakfast, rather than anything fancy.

Any ideas which is the best option for OWS in the T3 lounges?

KARFA May 31, 22 10:52 am

deleted

Never Stansted May 31, 22 12:56 pm

Am just in T3 GC (trying and failing to find out whats happened to my Porto flight, otherwise Id have stayed in Qantas or Amex). Lounge is in a real state. Empty beer cans everywhere, no signs of staff clearing anything up. Its quite busy, which shows that most people dont know they can go to Qantas

lgladdy May 31, 22 1:44 pm

Never Stansted Oh yikes, I'm on that flight tomorrow... did you find out what happened? How was T3 security today?

MaxFlyer May 31, 22 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Agent69 (Post 34295091)
I've a 10:20 AY flight to HEL in J coming up. I'm a bit boring when it comes to food, so would prefer sausage, bacon and eggs for breakfast, rather than anything fancy.

Any ideas which is the best option for OWS in the T3 lounges?

For basic food its the BA lounge.

Never Stansted May 31, 22 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by lgladdy (Post 34295695)
Never Stansted Oh yikes, I'm on that flight tomorrow... did you find out what happened? How was T3 security today?

T3 security was hellish for economy, about 30 mins in fast track

my flight was cancelled. Im probably on yours tomorrow, currently downgraded to economy

really lamentable service from BA unfortunately. They wouldnt even rebook me on an Iberia route despite it being open for sale online.

Carolina2Cali Jun 2, 22 6:01 pm

The sticky/wiki does not have a link to any info or discussion on the arrivals lounge?

jrfsp320 Jun 2, 22 11:26 pm

A major drawcard for morning flights is the barista made coffee in the QF lounge.

But maybe in the UK that isnt such a big deal? Australians take their coffee very seriously.

drwook Jun 3, 22 2:31 am

Originally Posted by jrfsp320 (Post 34302961)
A major drawcard for morning flights is the barista made coffee in the QF lounge.

But maybe in the UK that isnt such a big deal? Australians take their coffee very seriously.

Is that served at the upstairs or downstairs bar (or both)? I'll confess I've heard coffee was good but somehow haven't got around to trying it - which has *absolutely nothing* to do with the gin bar, and nobody can prove any different :)

polochick Jun 3, 22 2:47 am

Originally Posted by drwook (Post 34303170)
Is that served at the upstairs or downstairs bar (or both)? I'll confess I've heard coffee was good but somehow haven't got around to trying it - which has *absolutely nothing* to do with the gin bar, and nobody can prove any different :)

I think both. There is definitely a machine at the end of the gin bar towards the restaurant area.

darrencobb Jun 3, 22 5:14 am

One slight moan about the Qantas lounge is the beer choice, Id like to see at least one Aussie beer available in there, I did a T3 lounge crawl last week and found the cathay 1st lounge the most pleasant, very tasty burger washed down with some Guinness foreign extra stout and mrs cobb had some nice looking noodles.

Agent69 Jun 3, 22 5:30 am

Originally Posted by darrencobb (Post 34303396)
One slight moan about the Qantas lounge is the beer choice, Id like to see at least one Aussie beer available in there, I did a T3 lounge crawl last week and found the cathay 1st lounge the most pleasant, very tasty burger washed down with some Guinness foreign extra stout and mrs cobb had some nice looking noodles.

Foster's?