FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

krispy84 May 13, 2022 6:27 am

Originally Posted by GOTBound (Post 34246187)
QF serves champagne in the dining area during lunch and dinner time, e.g. when the Á la carte service is available. It’s hidden under rosè.

So if you ask for a glass of rosé you get a glass of champagne???? 🧐

Like the FTer above, I thought champagne was for QF F pax and Chairman’s Club (or whatever it’s called) only.

Tobias-UK May 13, 2022 6:37 am

QF serves champagne in the dining area during lunch and dinner time, e.g. when the Á la carte service is available. It’s hidden under rosè.

The La Campagne Rosé de Cinsault, Pays d’Oc is not a champagne, it is a regular (still) rosé wine - it's about £6 a bottle for those who like to chose their wine based on cost :p :D

GOTBound May 13, 2022 6:40 am

Originally Posted by krispy84 (Post 34246317)
So if you ask for a glass of rosé you get a glass of champagne???? 🧐

Like the FTer above, I thought champagne was for QF F pax and Chairman’s Club (or whatever it’s called) only.

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 34246343)
The La Campagne Rosé de Cinsault, Pays d’Oc is not a champagne, it is a regular rosé wine - it's about £6 a bottle for those who like to chose their wine based on cost :p :D

Omg... I'll stand corrected, shame on me!
Good thing I'll stick to Cathay F lounge today, lets just blame this fault reading campagne on the glass of actual champagne consumed by me as we speak :D

Smid May 13, 2022 7:09 am

Originally Posted by GOTBound (Post 34246350)
Omg... I'll stand corrected, shame on me!
Good thing I'll stick to Cathay F lounge today, lets just blame this fault reading campagne on the glass of actual champagne consumed by me as we speak :D

Phew, for a moment I thought I might have to spend 5 minutes out of the Cathay Pacific lounge when in T3, even when flying First we've not missed the CCR (we stay in First for the self-pour, but order from the business (because they seemed a bit funny when I asked to order from the dining room for sitting by the window, when the tiny little dining room was packed and queuing).

South London Bon Viveur May 13, 2022 2:48 pm

I like both the CX and QF lounges. The former shades it in terms of ambience, and getting a nice view of the airfield, but the last few times I've been there it's been very busy. The QF lounge is nice and spacious, but I miss being able to grab a coke out of the fridge (or am I missing something)?

Grace B May 14, 2022 1:49 am

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 34246397)
Phew, for a moment I thought I might have to spend 5 minutes out of the Cathay Pacific lounge when in T3, even when flying First we've not missed the CCR (we stay in First for the self-pour, but order from the business (because they seemed a bit funny when I asked to order from the dining room for sitting by the window, when the tiny little dining room was packed and queuing).

Are we going to be stuck with this table service forever? Would tend to put me off the BA lounges somewhat.

Self pour is really nice, but what's wrong with self service food? Get exactly what you want when you want it...

westmidlandsguy May 14, 2022 3:43 am

Recently used the Qantas lounge & Cathay F. I was really impressed with Qantas’ catering options in the lounge - really delicious and restaurant quality. I was a tiny bit disappointed with Cathay’s catering as I felt like the food wasn’t great.

I prefer everything else about the Cathay lounge though - much more private and civilized than the Qantas lounge.

MaxFlyer May 14, 2022 3:51 am

I do prefer the Qantas lounge washroom facilities. Individual rooms which are well designed.

Smid May 14, 2022 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Grace B (Post 34248750)
Are we going to be stuck with this table service forever? Would tend to put me off the BA lounges somewhat.

Self pour is really nice, but what's wrong with self service food? Get exactly what you want when you want it...

I personally prefer the Club table service now. The buffet on BA was uninspiring, I think the choices from the table are much better than they were, a decent curry is what I had. I don't think that tended to be on the Club buffet, just meatballs, spagetti, rice and chilli.

Cathay Pacific buffet was still not there in the business lounge a couple of weeks ago, my other half was a fan and always had whatever was on it, but they had a curry at the noodle bar which knocked my socks off (though no chow mein anymore) so that's probably what would have been there.

I think the default covid choice was to take the buffets away due to it supposedly spreading via touch at first. Slowly they are coming back though. From the sounds of it though on the BA side its about lack of staff and six months clearance backlog rather than choice.

courtster May 14, 2022 11:49 am

We're off to VLC to visit the parents for a 1530 departure in a couple of weeks I'd only just realised it was T3!

We've done the club lounge to death over the years so is there anyone out there with young kids who prefer the CX or QF lounge? They're 3 & 6 so would like them to eat something 'simple' beforehand as the CE kids meal can be a bit hit and miss. Thanks!

plaintalk May 17, 2022 9:13 am

Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur (Post 34247665)
I like both the CX and QF lounges. The former shades it in terms of ambience, and getting a nice view of the airfield, but the last few times I've been there it's been very busy. The QF lounge is nice and spacious, but I miss being able to grab a coke out of the fridge (or am I missing something)?

Grab your own can seems to be a feature of the CX lounge over the QF lounge. Particularly important when the barkeeper at the QF lounge is grumpy, as it was the case during my last visit.

plaintalk May 17, 2022 9:30 am

Concerning a la carte food choices, the QF lounge was a bit disappointing for lunch, when the lounge does not cater to QF customers. Just three of the six choices were available for lunch last weekend, including a strange hummus salad.

Joshm300 May 24, 2022 6:04 am

Originally Posted by plaintalk (Post 34257416)
Concerning a la carte food choices, the QF lounge was a bit disappointing for lunch, when the lounge does not cater to QF customers. Just three of the six choices were available for lunch last weekend, including a strange hummus salad.

Agreed, better choice in Cathay or BA for lunch
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...3f9800faf.jpeg

LCSinTexas May 24, 2022 2:34 pm

First time connecting through T3 for 2 (3?) years and I finally got to spend some time at Qantas gin bar, try the pepper squid, etc. Ray guided me through a gin tasting, which was a treat. My 3+ hour layover passed quickly and I learned something in the process :)

I can recommend the gin bar to anyone.

LcS

Grace B May 25, 2022 3:40 am

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 34246024)
Well, unless things have changed, only CX serves champagne, QF serves sparkling wine, so CX is the only option there.

I assume the BA F lounge is still closed then?