Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2022, 5:24 am

Thank you guys. Will probably check out both QF and CX lounges, and most likely skip the BA lounge.
Old May 12, 2022, 6:08 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
The CX F lounge was the busiest I have ever seen it yesterday morning. Very noisy passengers enjoying the alcohol available. Very less than the tranquil haven it used to be.
plaintalk likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 6:10 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Markie
The CX F lounge was the busiest I have ever seen it yesterday morning. Very noisy passengers enjoying the alcohol available. Very less than the tranquil haven it used to be.
If both CX lounges are at 50% or more capacity, I prefer the J lounge.
Old May 12, 2022, 6:25 am

I’m flying BA for the first time ever tomorrow, I’ll have a pretty long layover flying into T3 and out of T5. What business class lounge gives the best shot at having an available shower? I was reading on some of the T5 lounges and a lot of people were saying the showers are always busy.

After a TATL flight the only thing I really care about is a shower and some coffee. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old May 12, 2022, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
I’m flying BA for the first time ever tomorrow, I’ll have a pretty long layover flying into T3 and out of T5. What business class lounge gives the best shot at having an available shower? I was reading on some of the T5 lounges and a lot of people were saying the showers are always busy.

After a TATL flight the only thing I really care about is a shower and some coffee. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi

Whilst with a long layover you could clear security in T3 use the lounges in T3 then take the flight connections bus to T5 and clear security again then go to T5 but I prefer to shower after the bus and security .

I found that T5B showers were quieter than those in T5a

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; May 12, 2022 at 6:38 am
Old May 12, 2022, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
That's OT for this thread, which is about T3 lounges.

But I reckon that the answer to your question is probably the T5B lounge. However, there are some issues about using this lounge that you need to know about in advance, in particular about how to get from there to an A gate or a C gate if you need to. There are bear traps that could cause you to miss your flight if you were to fall into one. And I've only seldom had any problems getting a shower in a T5A (main building) lounge.
Old May 12, 2022, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

Whilst with a long layover you could clear security in T3 use the lounges in T3 then take the flight connections bus to T5 and clear security again then go to T5 but I prefer to shower after the bus and security .

I found that T5B showers were quieter than those in T5a

Regards

TBS
Thanks, I was thinking that if I was arriving to T3 and connecting I wouldn’t be pushed out of the secured area but it sounds like I will be, similar to arriving in a Schengen country and connecting.
Old May 12, 2022, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Thanks, I was thinking that if I was arriving to T3 and connecting I wouldn’t be pushed out of the secured area but it sounds like I will be, similar to arriving in a Schengen country and connecting.
Hi

Arrivals and departures are separate at lhr and Flight connections security is separate from main security ( ie after check in to go into departures) Transferring airside between terminals will still involve a security check

Regards

TBS
IndyHoosier and sethMCOflyer like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 12:22 pm

Which lounge is best for breakfast + champagne, CX or QF? Travelling as a group of 6…
Old May 12, 2022, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by sjoh1271
Which lounge is best for breakfast + champagne, CX or QF? Travelling as a group of 6…
QF has some large tables, more space and is generally brighter, so with a group I’d definitely go there. CX J lounge would be a good second, particularly if you sit at the tables opposite the noodle bar (the rest is designed more for individuals/small groups). Or do 3/3 and swap over half way through
LCSinTexas and sjoh1271 like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

Arrivals and departures are separate at lhr and Flight connections security is separate from main security ( ie after check in to go into departures) Transferring airside between terminals will still involve a security check

Regards

TBS
Visiting T3 lounges after arrival into T3 would require going through security twice - to enter T3 departures, and then to enter T5 departures.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 11:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver
What times are Qantas serving a la carte food so I can not miss the squid?
Old May 12, 2022, 11:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Maybe i just got lucky but I have never had to wait for a shower in the T5B lounge
Old May 13, 2022, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by sjoh1271
Well, unless things have changed, only CX serves champagne, QF serves sparkling wine, so CX is the only option there.
krispy84 likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 5:01 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Smid
Well, unless things have changed, only CX serves champagne, QF serves sparkling wine, so CX is the only option there.
QF serves champagne in the dining area during lunch and dinner time, e.g. when the Á la carte service is available. It’s hidden under rosè.

Schwann likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.