FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

brp Mar 23, 2022 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by GOTBound (Post 34100501)
Quite an opposite question: can one utilize First Wing at T5 with a boarding card for a BA T3 departure flight?

Maybe. It all depends upon whether you can talk security into letting you into T5 with a T3 departure. As I mentioned upthread, I was able to talk my way into T3 after arriving T3 but leaving from T5.

Cheers.

lavar56 Mar 23, 2022 1:10 pm

Can’t enter T5 with a T3 boarding pass I’m afraid.

Grande Annee Mar 23, 2022 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by FlightDetective (Post 34094850)
The Qantas London Lounge was part of a concept they had with one lounge for everyone (they also had the Hong Kong Lounge - gone - the Singapore Lounge - they had to open a separate First Class lounge there due to crowding). It's for both First and Business Class and has some elements that are arguably better than the CX lounge, for example the Gin Bar. Some also like the food there as well. I'll be curious to see how long the one lounge fits all lasts.

Personally, it would be CX F hands down for me, but some like to flip between the two.

I didn't like the Qantas lounge at HKG.......just didn't feel premium to me at all. The old Qantas lounge set up at HKG was much better when they had separate Business and F sections.

mediamonkey Mar 23, 2022 2:10 pm

Don't shout at me... but anyone got any current thoughts on the best T3 OW lounge travelling with toddlers. We used to use the Qantas lounge since there was a quiet little corner with a few toys and the food and drink were excellent there...

Abidjan Mar 23, 2022 2:23 pm

I say any from BA, AA or QF (as you know) would fit the bill. Definitely don't think CX would work, especially if you're OWE.

FlightDetective Mar 23, 2022 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Abidjan (Post 34100723)
I say any from BA, AA or QF (as you know) would fit the bill. Definitely don't think CX would work, especially if you're OWE.

Does the BA T3 lounge still have the children's room? I remember seeing it once during the one time I swept through there to see how it compared to the CX lounge.

mediamonkey Mar 24, 2022 2:36 am

Originally Posted by FlightDetective (Post 34100765)
Does the BA T3 lounge still have the children's room? I remember seeing it once during the one time I swept through there to see how it compared to the CX lounge.

When I looked a at the end of the year they had a little room but it was more computer games / teenager set up. I do hate that lounge though so try to avoid it where possible

choosethedrew Mar 24, 2022 2:57 am

Originally Posted by Grande Annee (Post 34100564)
I didn't like the Qantas lounge at HKG.......just didn't feel premium to me at all. The old Qantas lounge set up at HKG was much better when they had separate Business and F sections.

*Nerd alert*; that era of Qantas lounge, along with their cabin design, was definitely an acquired taste. It was actually very high-end design, as it was either designed by Marc Newson (who now designs for Apple) or has a lot of his stuff in there, but it's very utilitarian and functional look. Personally, I love it, although I didn't like the open ceiling of HKG as that, coupled with the fairly 'hard' type of design, made it pretty austere. The same design shows in many QF cabins and the attention to detail is staggering, for instance the latches and hinges on cupboards and shelves are very clearly exaggerated and in a typical Marc Newson shape/style. The design consistency across branding, lounges, cabin design, crockery and cutlery was amazing and something I don't think any other airline has got near.

Smid Mar 24, 2022 3:44 am

The reason I ask is that GOT flights will move to T3 1st of April and I would like to show case the First Wing experience to my travel companion since he never travelled through in his mind the legendary First Wing and private entrance to GF.

I think you're overselling the experience. I've not used First Wing much, since my gold card lapsed, but the experience wasn't quicker than Club checkin desks and frankly the security seemed to slower due to the "why are all these proles ordering me about" syndrome, certainly seemed to be few experienced travellers in there. I'd call it a noddy experience with fancy walls, and not "legendary".

(I also thought the CCR ninja entrance at security south as impressive. Has that gone now?)

The _Banking_Scot Mar 24, 2022 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 34102125)

(I also thought the CCR ninja entrance at security south as impressive. Has that gone now?)

hi

The ninja door is still there. It is probably used less often now that the first wing is in use for departing pax. It is useful for transferring passengers after they clear transfer security to get to the lounge and useful for ccr pax once in the loungecto leave the lounge and go shopping. I used it at the end of Feb enroute to dubai.
regards
tbs

drwook Mar 24, 2022 3:55 am

Well, first wing is objectively much better than club/fast-track/long walk via escalators if flying from T5. But I agree using it as some kind of hidden adventure trail to T3 sounds a little bonkers to me and I suspect 99/100 people would wonder why they're being dragged a circuitous route via the wrong terminal :)

GOTBound Mar 24, 2022 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 34102125)
I think you're overselling the experience. I've not used First Wing much, since my gold card lapsed, but the experience wasn't quicker than Club checkin desks and frankly the security seemed to slower due to the "why are all these proles ordering me about" syndrome, certainly seemed to be few experienced travellers in there. I'd call it a noddy experience with fancy walls, and not "legendary".

Originally Posted by drwook (Post 34102143)
Well, first wing is objectively much better than club/fast-track/long walk via escalators if flying from T5. But I agree using it as some kind of hidden adventure trail to T3 sounds a little bonkers to me and I suspect 99/100 people would wonder why they're being dragged a circuitous route via the wrong terminal :)

I agree with both of you, maybe you missed this part in my post;

I’ve tried multiple times arguing for go directly to T3 and the CX F lounge when we arrive from the city to LHR but if it’s possible I don’t mind at all to make his day since well have plenty of time for our late night GOT departure.

I'm happy to show case but it's not me wanting to wander to T5 and the experience, I'm trying to be a good host ;).

xenole Apr 15, 2022 2:04 am

I've decided to try breakfast in the Qantas lounge today (CX yesterday) and its the brunch menu in the restaurant downstairs.
Got to be salt n' pepper squid at 9am ;)
Lunch starts at 12pm.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...402e6d0a58.jpg

Neilgcal Apr 15, 2022 2:36 am

Does anyone know the Breakfast to Lunch changeover time at CX F lounge? Also does Lunch/Dinner run all day or are there times with no a la carte dining?

Thanks in advance.

xenole Apr 15, 2022 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Neilgcal (Post 34166749)
Does anyone know the Breakfast to Lunch changeover time at CX F lounge? Also does Lunch/Dinner run all day or are there times with no a la carte dining?

Thanks in advance.

Just asked the woman working in the first dining bit, and she said lunch starts at 12pm and the kitchen closes at 5pm, with the lounge fully closing at 5:30pm.
Not sure if you could order breakfast at say 11:55am or if there's a changeover gap.