Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 13, 20, 5:30 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Old Mar 17, 22, 12:47 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Ag, Marriott GFL/Plat, xVS Au, Avis Pres, Enterprise Plat, Hilton Ag, Priority Club Au
Originally Posted by braiden9 View Post
Which lounge is best in the morning for breakfast? CX F or QF ?
Why not do both? one for breakfast and one for brunch.
IndyHoosier and SavvyTravel like this.
Old Mar 17, 22, 12:49 pm

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, Avianca Diamond, HH Silver, (OtherhalfGold), IHG Gold
Originally Posted by LPQ View Post
I much commend the QF Lounge as being the most relaxing quality lounge in T3 - possibly even in LHR.

I did seriously plan a bit of personal education and went for a comparison of some of the impressive range of Gins in the downstairs bar. I became very happily engrossed in the research and much regret that I have no recollection of my ultimate choice.
Do you remember getting on a plane or are you still in the lounge ?
Old Mar 17, 22, 12:51 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Originally Posted by gliderpilot View Post
Why not do both? one for breakfast and one for brunch.
Definitely hopping. Our last international trip (February, 2020- just before all hell broke loose), a storm in the UK canceled our LHR-GLA flight and we were rescheduled hours later. We arrived into T3 with about 8 hours before out T5 LHR-GLA. I do like the T5 Galleries F...but not that much.

So, I convinced security to let us circle back to T3 and we hopped all the lounges during our stay. Then went to T5.

Cheers.
Old Mar 17, 22, 12:52 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classť, plus BAEC.
When I was in the QF lounge in early Feb they hadnít restarted their table service downstairs, it was only the buffet on the first floor for breakfast
Old Mar 17, 22, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by krispy84 View Post
When I was in the QF lounge in early Feb they hadnít restarted their table service downstairs, it was only the buffet on the first floor for breakfast
Thatll do. I also think CX doesnít open till 7am on a Sunday and Iíll be boarding by then.
Old Mar 17, 22, 12:58 pm

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Iíd stick with CX tbh. Itís busy at the moment with all the AA pax but still a bit of a haven, and the breakfast still solid. I was there a few weeks ago and the breakfast offering was solid in the dining room.

The QF lounge is likely busy too with the QF departures being retimed for the morning departure
Old Mar 17, 22, 2:00 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classť, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Jimbojumbo View Post
Thatll do. I also think CX doesnít open till 7am on a Sunday and Iíll be boarding by then.
I donít think QF will be open in time then. You may be forced to stick with BA, which really isnít that bad and is a nice quiet place to sit at that time in the morning. They open from 0515 I believe, and drinks are free-pour.
Old Mar 21, 22, 9:26 am

Thrilled to have just realised that my OSL flight in May will be departing from T3.

It’s a Sunday 19:35 flight, does the CX lounge close at 17:30 at the moment?
FlightDetective and drwook like this.
Old Mar 21, 22, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Vessel18 View Post
Thrilled to have just realised that my OSL flight in May will be departing from T3.

Itís a Sunday 19:35 flight, does the CX lounge close at 17:30 at the moment?
Yes, the oneworld lounge website is kept pretty much bang up to date and 17:30 is the closing time... for now!
Old Mar 21, 22, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by FlightDetective View Post
Yes, the oneworld lounge website is kept pretty much bang up to date and 17:30 is the closing time... for now!
Thanks! Looks like CX are introducing more daily flights from next week.
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Mar 21, 22, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Proud to hold MUCCI status, Fans of MO, Marriott
Surely CX F is better. QF is just a business lounge isnít it?
pythonisman likes this.
Old Mar 21, 22, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Grande Annee View Post
The Qantas London Lounge was part of a concept they had with one lounge for everyone (they also had the Hong Kong Lounge - gone - the Singapore Lounge - they had to open a separate First Class lounge there due to crowding). It's for both First and Business Class and has some elements that are arguably better than the CX lounge, for example the Gin Bar. Some also like the food there as well. I'll be curious to see how long the one lounge fits all lasts.

Personally, it would be CX F hands down for me, but some like to flip between the two.
gliderpilot and Grande Annee like this.
Old Mar 21, 22, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver, *A Silver, VS Silver, ITA Volare Premium, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier
Originally Posted by FlightDetective View Post
The Qantas London Lounge was part of a concept they had with one lounge for everyone (they also had the Hong Kong Lounge - gone - the Singapore Lounge - they had to open a separate First Class lounge there due to crowding). It's for both First and Business Class and has some elements that are arguably better than the CX lounge, for example the Gin Bar. Some also like the food there as well. I'll be curious to see how long the one lounge fits all lasts.

Personally, it would be CX F hands down for me, but some like to flip between the two.
I love the 'design, quality yet casual' vibe of the QF lounge, it's something Qantas and Aussies generally have uniquely nailed. It's not as buttoned down and plush as the CX lounge but I kind of prefer it because of that, it's like a little corner of Australia in there
FlightDetective and LPQ like this.
Old Mar 21, 22, 4:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Grande Annee View Post
Yes, to me that's exactly it and it feels like it. However if your options are the business lounges, then QF may fare well. That said, it's clear a lot of people enjoy trying both the CX F and QF lounges on their visits (although I stopped that after being somewhat underwhelmed by QF).
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Mar 23, 22, 1:02 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond [*AG], Finnair Platinum [OWE] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Quite an opposite question: can one utilize First Wing at T5 with a boarding card for a BA T3 departure flight?

The reason I ask is that GOT flights will move to T3 1st of April and I would like to show case the First Wing experience to my travel companion since he never travelled through in his mind the legendary First Wing and private entrance to GF.

Iíve tried multiple times arguing for go directly to T3 and the CX F lounge when we arrive from the city to LHR but if itís possible I donít mind at all to make his day since well have plenty of time for our late night GOT departure.

Search this Thread