FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

brie Sep 22, 16 5:26 pm

Thanks! I had not realized on booking that I would be switching to T3 and had been looking forward to the CCR (never been). I take it that's not feasible, but the T5 arrivals sounds pleasant followed by T3 hopping at the other end of the day.

orbitmic Sep 22, 16 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by brie (Post 27249625)
Thanks! I had not realized on booking that I would be switching to T3 and had been looking forward to the CCR (never been). I take it that's not feasible

You're indeed correct I'm afraid. But as you say the arrivals breakfast will certainly give you a taste of it!

Rami Tamimi Oct 1, 16 8:45 am

Have not been to T3 for some time and now I am here:

AA-Very quiet,probably 20 people in the whole Flagship lounge. Catering improved a lot since last year.The attendatnts are very friendly too. AA lounge now also has those paper cups,which BA used to have a few years ago,as well as 0,33 bottles of Evian water,amzaing.

BA-The entrance was manned by a very lazy dragon. He was half sitting half lying and when I presented my BP he did not even scan it and just that "That's fine"...well I am on RJ flight and BA is getting 0 revenue from them.

The lounge itself is very busy and I could barely get a seat. The only place where I could sit down whithout being very close to someone is between the bar and the printers.

On the positive side,I was impressed by the salmon offered in the buffet and the efficiency of the cleaning staff,they cleared my table almost immidiately.

If someone wants to just relax and have a meal/drink then AA lounge is definately the place to go!

Virazuno Oct 1, 16 9:03 am

Anyone know when the CX lounge is due to reopen?

dsf Oct 1, 16 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi (Post 27288226)

BA-The entrance was manned by a very lazy dragon. He was half sitting half lying and when I presented my BP he did not even scan it and just that "That's fine"...well I am on RJ flight and BA is getting 0 revenue from them.

The lounge itself is very busy and I could barely get a seat. The only place where I could sit down whithout being very close to someone is between the bar and the printers.

On the positive side,I was impressed by the salmon offered in the buffet and the efficiency of the cleaning staff,they cleared my table almost immidiately.

If someone wants to just relax and have a meal/drink then AA lounge is definately the place to go!

BA galleries or first? I arrived at the J lounge around 10 minutes after your post and found numerous empty seats at the rear. The man at the desk greeted me by name from my BP and unprompted told me my gate and about a delay. The area by the buffet was very busy when I arrived, but once I'd plugged things into charge and got a drink I wandered up for sandwiches and cake and it was virtually empty!

nufnuf77 Oct 1, 16 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Virazuno (Post 27288276)
Anyone know when the CX lounge is due to reopen?

I think the current date is 'end of october' but we have not heard anything official.

KARFA Oct 2, 16 12:59 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 27289000)
I think the current date is 'end of october' but we have not heard anything official.

End? I have a T3 flight on 29 October. When originally booked I thought would be safe considering the lounge was supposed to re-open in June originally.

sxc Oct 2, 16 2:32 am

You'll find updates on the CX lounge progress here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...er-2016-a.html

Rami Tamimi Oct 2, 16 11:18 am

Originally Posted by dsf (Post 27288672)
BA galleries or first? I arrived at the J lounge around 10 minutes after your post and found numerous empty seats at the rear. The man at the desk greeted me by name from my BP and unprompted told me my gate and about a delay. The area by the buffet was very busy when I arrived, but once I'd plugged things into charge and got a drink I wandered up for sandwiches and cake and it was virtually empty!

Galleries First...maybe I should have gone to J side if it's so good:)

TravellerFrequently Oct 27, 16 5:26 am

Cathay Pacific delays Heathrow lounge reopening - no date given

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...nge-reopening/

Lutz May 6, 17 6:13 pm

Hello all,

Flying AA J LHR-DFW 15:15 (presumably out of T3). Which lounges would I have access to and which one would be my best bet?

Edit: I have priority pass membership so I have access to Aspire and No1 lounges as well.

hiima May 6, 17 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Lutz (Post 28277714)
Hello all,

Flying AA J LHR-DFW 15:15 (presumably out of T3). Which lounges would I have access to and which one would be my best bet?

Edit: I have priority pass membership so I have access to Aspire and No1 lounges as well.

Cathay hands down

Lutz May 6, 17 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by hiima (Post 28277884)
Cathay hands down

Great, thank you for your response! I'll make sure to check it out.

corporate-wage-slave May 7, 17 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Lutz (Post 28278223)
Great, thank you for your response! I'll make sure to check it out.

This question comes up very frequently in this forum, which truly is not a problem, but the downside is that useful material gets scattered over very many threads. Here is one very recent thread with links, photos / menus:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...e-options.html

And the Cathay forum also has a detailed recent thread of the London lounge.

mczlaw Jun 3, 17 4:01 am

Sitting in newly refurbed CX lounge. F side is quiet, nice little restaurant and fantastic plane spotting. J side is huge, more food/drink and also great tarmac view. I've got 3 more hours, so time to bounce