Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Old Feb 19, 2020, 11:38 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by brp

Now in T3 post-security. The agent did say that we “need to go to T5.” I mentioned “8 hours” and “lounges” and she did let us in.

Cheers.
Circling back on this as we're now back. As I mentioned, the security agent did question us, but let us in for the lounge use with no issue. We did the tour of the T3 lounges again, and found the showers at the AA Flagship lounge to be better than those at BA (also better than T5 Galleries showers). Food there wasn't bad.

CX did not have seating in the F section, we we sat in the much more spacious J area. I think I may like that space better for seating. Once in the lounge, there is no F/J checking, so I was easily able to wander back into F a couple of times for drinks.

Still, though, we preferred the BA F lounge to CX, all things considered.

Also, in response to another sub-thread here, I'm quite OK with there being no CCR in T3. Having been in the T5 CR, we found that we liked the Galleries F lounge better in terms of availability and self-service. It just better fits the way we like to do things.

Cheers.
Grace B likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA/VS Gold
I’m in T3 with a friend Friday afternoon/evening. BA Silver. What sort of itinerary should I do? Thinking drinks, dinner, drinks. Where’s the best food?
Old Mar 2, 2020, 6:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by rhysflies
I’m in T3 with a friend Friday afternoon/evening. BA Silver. What sort of itinerary should I do? Thinking drinks, dinner, drinks. Where’s the best food?
I think the consensus would be CX J for drinks and maybe noodles.. Qantas for squid and gin cocktails and maybe back to Cathay depending on if you aren’t keen on gin based drinks. Not been to BA J or AA J to comment but the former will be of same standard as galleries club at

T5.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Not been to BA J or AA J to comment but the former will be of same standard as galleries club at

T5.
Actually, T5B is quite good. It would be more like T5A North. A hellhole. Not a lot different from the chaos outside...
Old Mar 3, 2020, 5:37 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
I think the consensus would be CX J for drinks and maybe noodles.. Qantas for squid and gin cocktails and maybe back to Cathay depending on if you aren’t keen on gin based drinks. Not been to BA J or AA J to comment but the former will be of same standard as galleries club at

T5.
I don't get the Qantas squid obsession. I went there a couple of weeks ago, based on all the rave reviews of the squid, and while the lounge itself was very pleasant I didn't rate the squid at all. Admittedly I'd just come back from California where I'd eaten squid almost every day so I was a bit spoiled. The quantas squid was nicely cooked and very tender, but it had no flavour and certainly wasn't "salt and pepper". Maybe I went on an off day?
Old Mar 3, 2020, 6:44 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by ttama
I don't get the Qantas squid obsession. I went there a couple of weeks ago, based on all the rave reviews of the squid, and while the lounge itself was very pleasant I didn't rate the squid at all. Admittedly I'd just come back from California where I'd eaten squid almost every day so I was a bit spoiled. The quantas squid was nicely cooked and very tender, but it had no flavour and certainly wasn't "salt and pepper". Maybe I went on an off day?
Maybe, they have the same dish in the QF SIN F lounge, and bearing in mind my experience of it there, I thought I'd try it in the LHR QF lounge a day later. To my untrained eye and palate, the LHR version seemed to be much more of a mass produced version out of a big bag in the freezer, and not up to the version I had in SIN.
ttama likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 7:19 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by Howard Long
Maybe, they have the same dish in the QF SIN F lounge, and bearing in mind my experience of it there, I thought I'd try it in the LHR QF lounge a day later. To my untrained eye and palate, the LHR version seemed to be much more of a mass produced version out of a big bag in the freezer, and not up to the version I had in SIN.

QF SIN F Lounge squid

QF LHR T3 Lounge Squid
Old Mar 4, 2020, 3:34 am

Programs: BA/VS Gold
Any other dishes in the Qantas lounge worth trying?
Old Mar 4, 2020, 6:17 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by rhysflies
Any other dishes in the Qantas lounge worth trying?
I've only been once. When I arrived there was a buffet on the upper level with a couple of hot dishes/rice etc, some good salads & bread, a good cheese selection, lots of snacks, and several desserts including some excellent strawberries and possibly the best chocolate cheesecake I've ever had.

Once the lower restaurant was open I went down and just had the squid, so I can't comment on the other dishes. Service was excellent. The squid was really well cooked, it just lacked the "salt and pepper" flavour I was expecting, but that may be my taste buds.

Upstairs has a very good serviced bar with lots of cocktail options as well as normal spirits & wine. I think champagne is reserved for first class passengers but I was offered a very nice Australian sparkling wine. The bar in the restaurant downstairs has a big gin selection in addition to what's available upstairs.

Once the restaurant was open downstairs, staff walked round the seats in the lounge upstairs offering individual bowls of hot snacks & accompaniments, like pakoras, bowls of chips, etc. The buffet was still being topped up regularly.

It was very calm and relaxing, and an excellent place to work if you need to. I'd happily go back, but I'd also like to try the other lounges.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 9:02 am

I learnt today that I’ll be departing from T3 instead of T5 on a CE ticket (only Bronze). It’s only my second time out of T3 and is an early morning Sunday flight. I was thinking Qantas for gin and cocktails?
Old Mar 13, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Jimbojumbo
I learnt today that I’ll be departing from T3 instead of T5 on a CE ticket (only Bronze). It’s only my second time out of T3 and is an early morning Sunday flight. I was thinking Qantas for gin and cocktails?
I do not know what is on offer since they have reopened the lounge but if drink is your primary goal.....this lounge is actually a very good choice. Historically it was less busy than the other lounges but a very nice place to relax before a flight with good drink service. CX and BA lounges can be quite crowded as people naturally head there but if your dining needs are not that great this can be a decent option.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jimbojumbo
Originally Posted by mcgahat
I do not know what is on offer since they have reopened the lounge but if drink is your primary goal.....this lounge is actually a very good choice. Historically it was less busy than the other lounges but a very nice place to relax before a flight with good drink service. CX and BA lounges can be quite crowded as people naturally head there but if your dining needs are not that great this can be a decent option.
I would say also beyond just the cocktails the QF lounge is the most pleasant business class option for relaxing. I find that it feels like a hybrid J/F lounge while the BA and AA Business Class lounges are really tired and often crowded and CX is too small.
mcgahat likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 4:34 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
I much commend the QF Lounge as being the most relaxing quality lounge in T3 - possibly even in LHR.

I did seriously plan a bit of personal education and went for a comparison of some of the impressive range of Gins in the downstairs bar. I became very happily engrossed in the research and much regret that I have no recollection of my ultimate choice.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Plat
Which lounge is best in the morning for breakfast? CX F or QF ?
Old Mar 17, 2022, 10:39 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by braiden9
Which lounge is best in the morning for breakfast? CX F or QF ?
I would say CX F

aks120

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.