Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 4:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by brp
I have not seen this mentioned here (and this may be relevant to the breakfast conversation for some ), but it seems that the BA F lounges (both T3 and T5) have discontinued stocking Johnnie Walker Blue and the Glenlivet 18 (although I'm not sure if I'd seen that recently) in factor of Johnnie Black, Red and Singleton 12. The Blue was there in late November, gone in mid-January (although I did see a token empty bottle on the bar on the last trip).
Yesterday I saw Red, Black and Blue JW in Flounge T5 (and the previous day Black and Blue in Flounge LGW). Reports of Blue's demise are frequent but rarely of long duration. While I am here, both Flounges had "Italian Hard Cheese" (Vegetarian).
Old Jan 22, 2020, 4:40 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
You have both made my day (although I wish I'd thought to ask on the outbound so I'd have had the answer on the return ). We'll be back next month...and I'll know better

Cheers,
Bruce
Old Jan 23, 2020, 4:24 am

Programs: BA Miles
Would the Aerotel in T3 fit the bill?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 7:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
A full bottle of JW Blue in T5 F Lounge available right now
alex67500 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Probably CX First along the windows. There is a potentially quiet area right at the end nearest reception if you can monopolise it. However CX can get less restful during the lead up to the HKG departures. If it's off peak then probably BA Flounge is your next best option, the area between the buffet and the entrance, or at the far end furthest from the buffet.
I'm afraid I find the CX First chairs by the window, which look relaxing and have foot rests, to be uncomfortable as they're made for short people. The back isn't tall enough nor shaped correctly for a taller person. BA's not a bad idea but they don't have very large, tall, comfortable chairs. We did repair to BA for an early dinner, and the chairs are fine to sit in but not as good as the CX chair below for snoozing.

Originally Posted by drwook
Not tried it but the seats facing out the window in the CX J lounge look well positioned for a snooze and is where I'd try if need arose, I'm fairly sure someone was doing just that last time I was in there.
These chairs, by the window at the furthest end of the lounge from the door, turned out to be very comfortable indeed. The grey cushion is bigger and softer than the photo makes it appear and provides a comfortable padded slope to recline on. I had a comfortable hour's shut-eye, and would have had longer if I had put in earplugs. The ice blender at the bar is pretty noisy and some of the passengers engage in phone calls, so you'll need some noise blocking to sleep. Also, I benefited from using an eye mask in the afternoon as the sun sets opposite these windows.
However, it was still extremely restful. Thank you for the suggestion!

Originally Posted by rcgosling
Would the Aerotel in T3 fit the bill?
I had not really considered it, though I must admit the attraction of (in our case) a shower and lunch before a snooze made going to the lounge before sleeping an attractive idea and that precluded a hotel. However, I do note it for future reference, thank you. For a longer stay, such as an early morning arrival and an evening departure, it would seem well suited.

Last edited by flatlander; Jan 23, 2020 at 5:38 pm Reason: Add Aerotel response.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by aglp2k
A full bottle of JW Blue in T5 F Lounge available right now

...and emptied in 7 minutes?
Old Jan 27, 2020, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I was in T3 on Friday morning from around 8am to 10am before the BA flight to VIE. The CX F lounge was good but was filling up rappidly from 9am ( CX flight to HKG was at 1115) by 10am most of the single seats were taken and it was busy. The J lounge was a bit quieter.

I went into the BA lounge for about 30mins and GF was very quiet.

Regards

TBS

PS No JW Blue in the BA T3 lounge ( only JW Black)
Dom Fly likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:04 pm

Does anyone have a sense how busy the CX First lounge gets in the afternoon? My wife has a BA spa treatment finishing about 3.00pm and I don't know whether it's worth us relocating afterward for some classier seats and better food. I won't be thanked if we go through the faff of moving only to find that things are really busy there.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Welcome to flyertalk and the BA forum aahjnnot!. It should not be that busy at 3pm ( will start to get busier later on as the CX evening flights approach their boarding times ( I was there in 2018 from 4 till 7pm and it was not too bad). The business l;ounge is larger and very good also.

I do not know if the current concern re the virus and any travel via HKG may have an impact on passenger numbers.

It is only a couple of minutes walk from the BA lounge to the CX lounge so it is relatively easy to visit and make a judgement call. En route to the CX lounge from the BA lounge you pass the qantas lounge also.

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 28, 2020, 2:02 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by aahjnnot
Does anyone have a sense how busy the CX First lounge gets in the afternoon? My wife has a BA spa treatment finishing about 3.00pm and I don't know whether it's worth us relocating afterward for some classier seats and better food. I won't be thanked if we go through the faff of moving only to find that things are really busy there.
I’ve used the CX F Lounge around a dozen times over the past year (mainly saturdays with occasional Fridays) and my experience is that it gets very busy from around 1530 with the late afternoon /early evening HKG departures. Then it quietens down again from 1800 onwards.
Recently, I’ve actually found the J lounge quieter.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 6:45 pm

Thanks for the really helpful feedback. I hadn't realised how close the lounges were and how easy it was to switch between them.

For the benefit of anyone else in a similar position, the CF F lounge was very quiet at 1500 on Wed and never got uncomfortably busy. The contrast with the BA F lounge in terms of ambiance was extraordinary and it was well worth the effort to move - CX is stylish and modern, and both food quality and service in the table-service restaurant there were exemplary. By comparison, the decor on the BA lounge felt like a low-grade dentist's waiting room.
ttama likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 6:51 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by aahjnnot
Thanks for the really helpful feedback. I hadn't realised how close the lounges were and how easy it was to switch between them.

For the benefit of anyone else in a similar position, the CF F lounge was very quiet at 1500 on Wed and never got uncomfortably busy. The contrast with the BA F lounge in terms of ambiance was extraordinary and it was well worth the effort to move - CX is stylish and modern, and both food quality and service in the table-service restaurant there were exemplary. By comparison, the decor on the BA lounge felt like a low-grade dentist's waiting room.
It is so interesting how tastes differ (and a good thing). We just did the lounge hop in T3 a few weeks back. I find the CX F lounge great (although the food is actually better in the CX J lounge if not using the table service). Still, we find the ambiance in the BA lounge superior. It just feels more homey. Also, champers aside, the spirits selection in the BA lounge is far superior, IMO.

Cheers,
Old Feb 2, 2020, 9:48 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by brp
It is so interesting how tastes differ (and a good thing). We just did the lounge hop in T3 a few weeks back. I find the CX F lounge great (although the food is actually better in the CX J lounge if not using the table service). Still, we find the ambiance in the BA lounge superior. It just feels more homey. Also, champers aside, the spirits selection in the BA lounge is far superior, IMO.

Cheers,
I agree. I like the feel of the BA F Lounge which feels classically British to me if that makes sense.
Grace B likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 3:58 pm

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I am traveling first on BA out of T3. What is the guesting policy for th non-ba lounges? I know I can guest 1 person into the First Galleries. Is that the same across the other Oneworld lounges?
Old Feb 3, 2020, 3:39 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Dom Fly
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I am traveling first on BA out of T3. What is the guesting policy for th non-ba lounges? I know I can guest 1 person into the First Galleries. Is that the same across the other Oneworld lounges?
From this thread:
Guesting privileges qualified by class of travel
With regard to oneworld lounges, the guesting rules are relatively straight forward.
Travelling first class
The ticket holder may invite one guest into a oneworld first class or business class lounge. Both the first class ticket holder and guest must be travelling on a oneworld operated and marketed flight, though not necessarily on the same flight or same carrier.

Travelling business class
No guests
Dom Fly likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.