Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2020, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Originally Posted by Howard Long
IMHO Cathay F for breakfast by quite some way.
Is that because the food is better? Different? Are Both CX First and BA First a la carte?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:52 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by JSM8
Is that because the food is better? Different? Are Both CX First and BA First a la carte?
I’ll cut to the chase, I like a proper English breakfast plated up for me. I also trust the chefs in the CX F kitchen to cook an egg better than in the BA F kitchen, although there are more egg based options in BA F: it’s down to the comparative care I see on the plates coming out of each kitchen.

I like kippers, offered only in the BA F lounge, but the BA F lounge kippers I find dry and not very appetising as a result.

Overall I also prefer the CX F dining area decor and ambience to the BA F area, it’s perhaps a little smaller but waiting service is better. The view is better out of the BA F lounge.

You could always try both, not that I’d ever dream of doing such a thing, of course.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold: HHonors Diamond; Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Dom Fly
I have my first BA F flight out of T3 its a 10am flight. My first point of call will be breakfast, which is F lounge currently have the best breakfast offering, we will probably end up going to CX lounge after eating anyway as from what I have read this is the best F lounge to relax in. In terms of breakfast food is CX al a carte any good or is there better to be had at BA Galleries 1 or AA. I have enjoed the CC room breakfast before in T5 but guessing it wont be the same in Galleries F T3. Thanks
No issue here as I can see. You have enough time. Go for both.

I think CX Lounge is far and away then best for breakfast.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:31 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Howard Long
I’ll cut to the chase, I like a proper English breakfast plated up for me. I also trust the chefs in the CX F kitchen to cook an egg better than in the BA F kitchen, although there are more egg based options in BA F: it’s down to the comparative care I see on the plates coming out of each kitchen.

I like kippers, offered only in the BA F lounge, but the BA F lounge kippers I find dry and not very appetising as a result.

Overall I also prefer the CX F dining area decor and ambience to the BA F area, it’s perhaps a little smaller but waiting service is better. The view is better out of the BA F lounge.

You could always try both, not that I’d ever dream of doing such a thing, of course.
But surely a true gentleman would never, ever, expect to be served at breakfast
krispy84 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 6:46 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Coming off an overnight flight into T3 and departing out of T3 later the same day, we may feel the need for some sleep. We don't really have time to leave the airport and go to a hotel.

I'm quite familiar with most of the T3 lounges, but I've never tried sleeping in one. Where in the lounges would the assembled wisdom say is best place to lie down or slouch in a comfortable position for a snooze?

I have OWE status, but not CCR access.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 7:23 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by ratechaser
But surely a true gentleman would never, ever, expect to be served at breakfast
A discreet cough by the butler and inclination of the head towards the chafing dishes is all that should be needed if ones guests forget where they are.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Originally Posted by flatlander
Coming off an overnight flight into T3 and departing out of T3 later the same day, we may feel the need for some sleep. We don't really have time to leave the airport and go to a hotel.

I'm quite familiar with most of the T3 lounges, but I've never tried sleeping in one. Where in the lounges would the assembled wisdom say is best place to lie down or slouch in a comfortable position for a snooze?

I have OWE status, but not CCR access.
Not tried it but the seats facing out the window in the CX J lounge look well positioned for a snooze and is where I'd try if need arose, I'm fairly sure someone was doing just that last time I was in there. I guess if this is a full 8 hours it might raise some eyebrows, but I think you'd get away with a nap between the champagne and noodle courses...

To the best of my knowledge there aren't any proper beds or 'snooze pods' though.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 9:53 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by drwook
Not tried it but the seats facing out the window in the CX J lounge look well positioned for a snooze and is where I'd try if need arose, I'm fairly sure someone was doing just that last time I was in there. I guess if this is a full 8 hours it might raise some eyebrows, but I think you'd get away with a nap between the champagne and noodle courses...

To the best of my knowledge there aren't any proper beds or 'snooze pods' though.
OK, I'll give that a go - thanks for the suggestion.

While it's an overnight flight, it arrives near midday so it's not going to be nearly the full 8 hours
Old Jan 18, 2020, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Spare a thought, I’m at T3 for the first time in a while but I’m a lowly brown until after these flights!
Old Jan 18, 2020, 7:42 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by smckay
Spare a thought, I’m at T3 for the first time in a while but I’m a lowly brown until after these flights!
I believe you can buy your way into the QF lounge for Ł60 now, although not quite sure it’s worth that unless you have a long time to kill.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 8:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
I believe you can buy your way into the QF lounge for Ł60 now, although not quite sure it’s worth that unless you have a long time to kill.
Thanks, not worth it for me
Old Jan 20, 2020, 2:18 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
You could get quite drunk on that money in the terminal...
Old Jan 20, 2020, 2:30 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by flatlander
Probably CX First along the windows. There is a potentially quiet area right at the end nearest reception if you can monopolise it. However CX can get less restful during the lead up to the HKG departures. If it's off peak then probably BA Flounge is your next best option, the area between the buffet and the entrance, or at the far end furthest from the buffet.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 4:25 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I have not seen this mentioned here (and this may be relevant to the breakfast conversation for some ), but it seems that the BA F lounges (both T3 and T5) have discontinued stocking Johnnie Walker Blue and the Glenlivet 18 (although I'm not sure if I'd seen that recently) in factor of Johnnie Black, Red and Singleton 12. The Blue was there in late November, gone in mid-January (although I did see a token empty bottle on the bar on the last trip).

Cheers.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by brp
I have not seen this mentioned here (and this may be relevant to the breakfast conversation for some ), but it seems that the BA F lounges (both T3 and T5) have discontinued stocking Johnnie Walker Blue and the Glenlivet 18 (although I'm not sure if I'd seen that recently) in factor of Johnnie Black, Red and Singleton 12. The Blue was there in late November, gone in mid-January (although I did see a token empty bottle on the bar on the last trip).

Cheers.
You just need to ask for a new bottle to be brought out!

There’s a whole thread on the (sporadically) missing JW Blue
alex67500 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.