Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:04 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Has anyone got an update as to whether LP is still available at the CX J Lounge? If not what is the current offering?

Also is the gin bar in the QF lounge now shut out with their own flight timings. Will be travelling through between 1400-1700.

Cheers
Yes it certainly was only a few weeks ago https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31617865-post672.html
Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Bartinbrook
Could someone confirm/update my understanding of the current HOT breakfast offerings in the T3 OneWorld J lounges please (me being a BA Silver):
  • BA: Bacon, hash browns and beans
Has something changed in the BA J lounges? I last used them, T5B, around 4 years ago, and all the breakfast was was a "bullet" roll with bacon or egg of some kind. Plus pastries. There certainly wasn't beans or bacon or hash browns. That was the F lounge.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by Smid
Has something changed in the BA J lounges? I last used them, T5B, around 4 years ago, and all the breakfast was was a "bullet" roll with bacon or egg of some kind. Plus pastries. There certainly wasn't beans or bacon or hash browns. That was the F lounge.
Last year you definitely had bacon, bacon rolls, and hash browns so yes it's likely it has changed since.
TheFlyingCyclist likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
[/list]Has something changed in the BA J lounges? I last used them, T5B, around 4 years ago, and all the breakfast was was a "bullet" roll with bacon or egg of some kind. Plus pastries. There certainly wasn't beans or bacon or hash browns. That was the F lounge.
You will find some comments about it in the main catering thread for Galleries Club, but there have been several small increments to the GC hot food offer in the mornings and lunch time over the last 2 years. Previously it was only bacon rolls, mushroom rolls, porridge; and now there are a few more hot items, but not as much as the GF buffet. T5B also gets light lunch / salads from mid morning for those with connections on non breakfast time zones.
TheFlyingCyclist likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You will find some comments about it in the main catering thread for Galleries Club, but there have been several small increments to the GC hot food offer in the mornings and lunch time over the last 2 years. Previously it was only bacon rolls, mushroom rolls, porridge; and now there are a few more hot items, but not as much as the GF buffet. T5B also gets light lunch / salads from mid morning for those with connections on non breakfast time zones.
Thanks, might not quite be so horrified at the concept at breakfast in the T5 Club lounges nowadays.

I assume no toast to go with those beans, right?
Old Oct 31, 2019, 6:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I assume no toast to go with those beans, right?
Ambient temperature toast = yes.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
For the QF brunch menu. Has anyone been greedy and asked for two things? I am wanting to try the squid but also love Eggs Benedict. Does the QF lounge do a good one?
Being the glutton I am i've actually ordered those exact two dishes and can recommend both highly
gliderpilot likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Said toast is also good for making walls if you're planning on extending the conservatory or for taking out your sworn enemy if used in the style of 'Odd Job' from the Bond franchise
jmj9905 and Schwann like this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Being the glutton I am i've actually ordered those exact two dishes and can recommend both highly
I may have given an overly critical opinion of the Qantas eggs benedict, they’re not my favourite item on the menu but I wouldn’t hesitate to order them if I was in the mood.

Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Said toast is also good for making walls if you're planning on extending the conservatory or for taking out your sworn enemy if used in the style of 'Odd Job' from the Bond franchise
Another reason to be thankful that I haven’t set foot in the BA T3 J lounge in a long while. If it was all we had, I’d think it fine, but the competition is far better.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 1:54 pm

I rarely fly from t3 but will be taking the 750 to bcn on Sunday morning.
It would appear that BA or AA will be the only options for breakfast. I know what BA offer, but what do AA have in their J lounge? Decent bacon? I prefer it streaky and crispy BTW.

Of course I realise I can just walk out if I don't like it but the thought of lounge hopping between these two on a Sunday morning when I'd rather be still in bed doesn't appeal....
Old Nov 3, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by krispy84
You will have the choice of BA, AA or CX. The Qantas lounge doesn’t open until 8am so will be too late for your 0820 flight.

’Best’ depends entirely on personal preference and your choice of breakfast food.
Sorry. Another breakfast question. Does the a la carte dining in the Qantas lounge start at 8am? I gather when the lounge first opened it didn’t start until 9 30am but wonder if that has changed?
Old Nov 3, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
Sorry. Another breakfast question. Does the a la carte dining in the Qantas lounge start at 8am? I gather when the lounge first opened it didn’t start until 9 30am but wonder if that has changed?
Cant help I’m afraid, I’ve only ever been in from about 0930 onwards. People have been eating at that time but I didn’t pay close enough attention to see if it was a la carte dishes or not.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
AA F now have a couple of all day items and here is the CX F breakfast menu and drinks menu from last week. Not sure what time QF do their brunch menu from as they now charge £55 pay on entry for ANY airline passenger flying from T3 if not eligible for access. They are looking to review opening times too.

Brioche French Toast CX F

Squid at Qantas Lounge
gliderpilot likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 10:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
GC T3 hot breakfast selection:

AA J T3 hot food and other bits

Mushrooms, sausages and scrambled eggs

Tomatoes

Cold meats, pastries etc.
Bartinbrook likes this.

Last edited by xenole; Nov 4, 2019 at 11:37 pm
Old Nov 4, 2019, 11:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by xenole
GC T3 hot breakfast selection:
That's why I like the GF hot breakfasts...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.