Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:03 am
09R

Went to AA lounge which was pretty dull so decided to try BA as I recall they have a kids area.

Was denied access because I was flying CX J. Apparently there is an agreement that Cx passengers aren't allowed access 3pm - 8pm - they showed me an email which was an internal announcement to this effect. I even have topbonus sapphire status but they still wouldn't budge.

Were the dragons correct for denying entry?
Old Apr 18, 2016, 9:46 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by annonymousposter
Went to AA lounge which was pretty dull so decided to try BA as I recall they have a kids area.

Was denied access because I was flying CX J. Apparently there is an agreement that Cx passengers aren't allowed access 3pm - 8pm - they showed me an email which was an internal announcement to this effect. I even have topbonus sapphire status but they still wouldn't budge.

Any lounge is allowed to deny access due to "capacity constraints" Is the T3 lounge usually busy during this period?

IIRC, while the CX lounge was still open, I think the BA lounge was pretty empty before 6pm. Maybe things have changed since CX closed their lounge.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
I'm a GC holder now, but I wasn't when I went through T3 on an AA flight in December. CX was closed at that point.

From a food point of view, the AA Business class lounge (is it called Admirals in uk?) had a much better breakfast laid out. Had buffet services of bacon, scrambled eggs, sausages etc. BA Club lounge had its usual disappointing mini baguettte.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 3:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by annonymousposter

Must be a new agreement. I was on CX back in February and used the BA F lounge. I think I was there from 7pm to 9pm.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Smid
From a food point of view, the AA Business class lounge (is it called Admirals in uk?)
Yes, all of AA's business class lounges are called Admirals Club.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
I may have 7am-2pm time in transit from F at LHR to C to WAW. I will probably go to LHR T5 Arrivals Lounge for breakfast and a shower and massage treatment...that will get me to T3 around 9:30ish...

Is the CX F lounge open?

Do an T3 lounges have beds?
Old Apr 19, 2016, 10:17 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by nologic
I may have 7am-2pm time in transit from F at LHR to C to WAW. I will probably go to LHR T5 Arrivals Lounge for breakfast and a shower and massage treatment...that will get me to T3 around 9:30ish...

Is the CX F lounge open?

Do an T3 lounges have beds?
No

No,although AA F lounge has those recliner chairs at the far end (behind the buffet),which I really enjoy using.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
now that it's June, any idea if the CX lounge has re-opened ?
Old Jun 7, 2016, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by wantan
now that it's June, any idea if the CX lounge has re-opened ?
Delayed to August.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by wantan
asking again as wasn't too sure on accuracy of previous answers (but thanks for the input ! )

Can one use the OneWorld T3 Lounges if departing on a Oneworld flight from T4 ? Connecting time is around 6 hours so assuming bags can be checked straight though.

To elaborate, will be arriving T3 on BA and departing T4 on MH. Class will be economy as a OneWorld Sapphire.
So to update on my question a few months ago:

I'm currently munching popcorn in the AA lounge after a nice jaket potato dinner at BA

My itinerary is Barcelona-London (BA) and London-Kuala Lumpur (MH). The only question I received was from the document checker at security (at least at LHR T3 even after landing one has to re-enter another screening area to re-enter departures hall). Just said I was in T3 as the MH T4 lounge wouldn't be open for a few hours.

For both BA and AA, a glance at the Sapphire status on my MH ticket and was invited in with a reminder my flight wouldn't be called. ^
Old Sep 22, 2016, 3:45 pm

Would love benefit of the collective wisdom here. On an upcoming itinerary I arrive T5 on BA long haul F in the wee hours, then depart T3 (also BA long haul F) long after dinner. I'm thinking I need to leave the airport in between -- too many hours in a tin can without sunlight -- but I imagined some lounge time at the beginning and/or end of the day. Your recommendations, please?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by brie
Would love benefit of the collective wisdom here. On an upcoming itinerary I arrive T5 on BA long haul F in the wee hours, then depart T3 (also BA long haul F) long after dinner. I'm thinking I need to leave the airport in between -- too many hours in a tin can without sunlight -- but I imagined some lounge time at the beginning and/or end of the day. Your recommendations, please?
Hi,

You could go to the arrivals lounge at T5 ( arriving off BA F you get access to the Concorde Dining Room in the arrivals lounge ( same food as the main lounge but waiter service) for a shower

Later on in T3 you could try the AA Flagship lounge and BA F lounge.

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 22, 2016, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by brie
Some discussion in this thread with links in post #17 to previous discussions http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-lhr-t3-2.html

Basically your choice is between BA F lounge and AA F lounge. The CX lounges are unlikely to reopen until at least mid October.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

You could go to the arrivals lounge at T5 ( arriving off BA F you get access to the Concorde Dining Room in the arrivals lounge ( same food as the main lounge but waiter service) for a shower
(bolding mine). It isn't. The Concorde dining room at arrivals now has the full CCR breakfast menu (including the concorde room benedict, California benedict, etc).

However, it has horrible coffee from the main lounge and no grapefruit juice (sorry, two pet peeves).
Old Sep 22, 2016, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Thanks for the clarification orbitmic!^

Might actually try the arrivals lounge in Nov after coming back from HkG in F before going back to EDI.

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.