FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

09R Apr 18, 16 10:03 am

Went to AA lounge which was pretty dull so decided to try BA as I recall they have a kids area.

Was denied access because I was flying CX J. Apparently there is an agreement that Cx passengers aren't allowed access 3pm - 8pm - they showed me an email which was an internal announcement to this effect. I even have topbonus sapphire status but they still wouldn't budge.

Were the dragons correct for denying entry?

sxc Apr 18, 16 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by annonymousposter (Post 26501636)
Went to AA lounge which was pretty dull so decided to try BA as I recall they have a kids area.

Was denied access because I was flying CX J. Apparently there is an agreement that Cx passengers aren't allowed access 3pm - 8pm - they showed me an email which was an internal announcement to this effect. I even have topbonus sapphire status but they still wouldn't budge.

Any lounge is allowed to deny access due to "capacity constraints" Is the T3 lounge usually busy during this period?

IIRC, while the CX lounge was still open, I think the BA lounge was pretty empty before 6pm. Maybe things have changed since CX closed their lounge.

Smid Apr 19, 16 3:28 am

I'm a GC holder now, but I wasn't when I went through T3 on an AA flight in December. CX was closed at that point.

From a food point of view, the AA Business class lounge (is it called Admirals in uk?) had a much better breakfast laid out. Had buffet services of bacon, scrambled eggs, sausages etc. BA Club lounge had its usual disappointing mini baguettte.

KARFA Apr 19, 16 3:48 am

Originally Posted by annonymousposter (Post 26501636)

Must be a new agreement. I was on CX back in February and used the BA F lounge. I think I was there from 7pm to 9pm.

Genius1 Apr 19, 16 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 26505364)
From a food point of view, the AA Business class lounge (is it called Admirals in uk?)

Yes, all of AA's business class lounges are called Admirals Club.

nologic Apr 19, 16 9:48 pm

I may have 7am-2pm time in transit from F at LHR to C to WAW. I will probably go to LHR T5 Arrivals Lounge for breakfast and a shower and massage treatment...that will get me to T3 around 9:30ish...

Is the CX F lounge open?

Do an T3 lounges have beds?

Rami Tamimi Apr 19, 16 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by nologic (Post 26509804)
I may have 7am-2pm time in transit from F at LHR to C to WAW. I will probably go to LHR T5 Arrivals Lounge for breakfast and a shower and massage treatment...that will get me to T3 around 9:30ish...

Is the CX F lounge open?

Do an T3 lounges have beds?

No

No,although AA F lounge has those recliner chairs at the far end (behind the buffet),which I really enjoy using.

wantan Jun 7, 16 1:27 pm

now that it's June, any idea if the CX lounge has re-opened ?

KARFA Jun 7, 16 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by wantan (Post 26743902)
now that it's June, any idea if the CX lounge has re-opened ?

Delayed to August.

wantan Jun 8, 16 11:59 am

Originally Posted by wantan (Post 26464661)
asking again as wasn't too sure on accuracy of previous answers (but thanks for the input !:) )

Can one use the OneWorld T3 Lounges if departing on a Oneworld flight from T4 ? Connecting time is around 6 hours so assuming bags can be checked straight though.

To elaborate, will be arriving T3 on BA and departing T4 on MH. Class will be economy as a OneWorld Sapphire.

So to update on my question a few months ago:

I'm currently munching popcorn in the AA lounge after a nice jaket potato dinner at BA :D

My itinerary is Barcelona-London (BA) and London-Kuala Lumpur (MH). The only question I received was from the document checker at security (at least at LHR T3 even after landing one has to re-enter another screening area to re-enter departures hall). Just said I was in T3 as the MH T4 lounge wouldn't be open for a few hours.

For both BA and AA, a glance at the Sapphire status on my MH ticket and was invited in with a reminder my flight wouldn't be called. ^

brie Sep 22, 16 3:45 pm

Would love benefit of the collective wisdom here. On an upcoming itinerary I arrive T5 on BA long haul F in the wee hours, then depart T3 (also BA long haul F) long after dinner. I'm thinking I need to leave the airport in between -- too many hours in a tin can without sunlight -- but I imagined some lounge time at the beginning and/or end of the day. Your recommendations, please?

The _Banking_Scot Sep 22, 16 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by brie (Post 27249270)
Would love benefit of the collective wisdom here. On an upcoming itinerary I arrive T5 on BA long haul F in the wee hours, then depart T3 (also BA long haul F) long after dinner. I'm thinking I need to leave the airport in between -- too many hours in a tin can without sunlight -- but I imagined some lounge time at the beginning and/or end of the day. Your recommendations, please?

Hi,

You could go to the arrivals lounge at T5 ( arriving off BA F you get access to the Concorde Dining Room in the arrivals lounge ( same food as the main lounge but waiter service) for a shower

Later on in T3 you could try the AA Flagship lounge and BA F lounge.

Regards

TBS

KARFA Sep 22, 16 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by brie (Post 27249270)

Some discussion in this thread with links in post #17 to previous discussions http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-lhr-t3-2.html

Basically your choice is between BA F lounge and AA F lounge. The CX lounges are unlikely to reopen until at least mid October.

orbitmic Sep 22, 16 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot (Post 27249292)
Hi,

You could go to the arrivals lounge at T5 ( arriving off BA F you get access to the Concorde Dining Room in the arrivals lounge ( same food as the main lounge but waiter service) for a shower

(bolding mine). It isn't. The Concorde dining room at arrivals now has the full CCR breakfast menu (including the concorde room benedict, California benedict, etc).

However, it has horrible coffee from the main lounge and no grapefruit juice (sorry, two pet peeves).

The _Banking_Scot Sep 22, 16 4:02 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification orbitmic!^

Might actually try the arrivals lounge in Nov after coming back from HkG in F before going back to EDI.

Regards

TBS