FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

Smid Jul 27, 2019 6:04 am

Originally Posted by so3003 (Post 31347664)
+1 for Cathay lounge, though without access to the first class area (need to be OW Emerald / BA Gold / ticketed F) I think Qantas lounge probably wins in T3

If anything, I'd choose CX J over the F. F is too small, no noodle bar or self serve buffet (other half prefers the curry from that). Only benefit of F is the self pour champagne. The tiny restaurant which serves what the J buffet serves, and is often full, isn't a better thing.

Been a while since been in their F lounge, but is there more on the F menu? The J menu at the noodle bar has been cut back a fair bit recently.

QA doesn't serve champagne, too. Big fail. For that reason I've never even been it in (been in F and J of the rest).

Jed Jul 27, 2019 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 31348021)
If anything, I'd choose CX J over the F. F is too small, no noodle bar or self serve buffet (other half prefers the curry from that). Only benefit of F is the self pour champagne. The tiny restaurant which serves what the J buffet serves, and is often full, isn't a better thing.

Been a while since been in their F lounge, but is there more on the F menu? The J menu at the noodle bar has been cut back a fair bit recently.

QA doesn't serve champagne, too. Big fail. For that reason I've never even been it in (been in F and J of the rest).

Agree with this.
The noodle bar in the J lounge feels more spacious and relaxed. You can wander over to the self service buffet which often has a tasty Asian rice and curry. The champagne (LP) is perfectly decent in the J lounge. Also, I like being able to make up my noodles as I wish using the correct balance of self service condiments (J lounge). Last time I ordered wonton noodles in the F dining room, it was exactly the same noodles as served in the J lounge but without any condiments (I had to ask for the chilli sauce). We’ll often use the J lounge with the children despite having access to the F section.

YorkieFlyer Jul 28, 2019 2:27 am

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 31348021)

What a shame you’ve denied yourself the QF lounge, all the more room for those with more catholic tastes. Australia produces some great wine and it is perfectly natural that one of their flagship overseas lounges will showcase their wines

St Elmos Fire Jul 28, 2019 2:37 am

Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer (Post 31350419)

What a shame you’ve denied yourself the QF lounge, all the more room for those with more catholic tastes. Australia produces some great wine and it is perfectly natural that one of their flagship overseas lounges will showcase their wines

Had a fantastic Penfolds Viognier last time I staggered in from the Cathay lounge

St Elmos Fire Jul 28, 2019 2:40 am

Originally Posted by Jed (Post 31348049)

Agree with this.
The noodle bar in the J lounge feels more spacious and relaxed. You can wander over to the self service buffet which often has a tasty Asian rice and curry. The champagne (LP) is perfectly decent in the J lounge. Also, I like being able to make up my noodles as I wish using the correct balance of self service condiments (J lounge). Last time I ordered wonton noodles in the F dining room, it was exactly the same noodles as served in the J lounge but without any condiments (I had to ask for the chilli sauce). We’ll often use the J lounge with the children despite having access to the F section.

I searched high and low for a comparable chilli sauce/oil in the UK before finally finding it at... Tesco. I think it's exactly the same brand Lee Kum Kee, made in Hong Kong, Chiu Chow Chilli Oil

KeaneJohn Jul 28, 2019 8:14 am

As I’ve said before all lounges have their positives and negatives.

Until March of this year i has a Gold T3 Virgin and wondered how good the CX F Lounge was. Now having been to all lounges 6 times since apart from QF I have found the CX F to be variable. Ironically my best experience was on the GIB do and whilst I got there at 6am before it got busy, the service including drinks service was on point.

My last visit there were 3 people in the dining room and whilst my pancakes arrived relatively quickly the table next to me asked for an extra slice of toAst and this took 20 mins to arrive. The time before that i had to ask for my drinks 3 times.

On contrast on 5 visits to the AA F lounge I’ve had the same server each time. I’m now welcomed like a friend, asked if I want the same order though he does have to clarify how I like my bloody Mary’s but this is a you like it this way don’t you rather than how do you like it, The AA smashed Avacado is great and the server always brings me a couple of bottles of water when I go.

Also the BA F Dining Room has pretty good views and I’m very partial to the Jeepers Rose.

rc4566 Aug 1, 2019 10:39 am

Does anyone know why the BA T3 Lounge is closed today? I wouldnt normally care but have been turned away from the CX and QF lounges as a result of it and am now sitting in the AA First Lounge.

lost_in_translation Aug 1, 2019 10:55 am

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn (Post 31350908)
As I’ve said before all lounges have their positives and negatives.

Until March of this year i has a Gold T3 Virgin and wondered how good the CX F Lounge was. Now having been to all lounges 6 times since apart from QF I have found the CX F to be variable. Ironically my best experience was on the GIB do and whilst I got there at 6am before it got busy, the service including drinks service was on point.

My last visit there were 3 people in the dining room and whilst my pancakes arrived relatively quickly the table next to me asked for an extra slice of toAst and this took 20 mins to arrive. The time before that i had to ask for my drinks 3 times.

On contrast on 5 visits to the AA F lounge I’ve had the same server each time. I’m now welcomed like a friend, asked if I want the same order though he does have to clarify how I like my bloody Mary’s but this is a you like it this way don’t you rather than how do you like it, The AA smashed Avacado is great and the server always brings me a couple of bottles of water when I go.

Also the BA F Dining Room has pretty good views and I’m very partial to the Jeepers Rose.

The CX F dining area service declines noticeably when it's very busy, in particular around the times of CX flight departures. I greatly enjoy my visits before BA short haul flights, but ironically the experience is not so great if you're actually flying CX F and try to order food in the lounge an hour or two before the flight. Having said that, it's still easily my favourite lounge in T3 (although it's been a couple of years since I've been in the VS Clubhouse).

Jed Aug 1, 2019 11:15 am

Originally Posted by rc4566 (Post 31367370)
Does anyone know why the BA T3 Lounge is closed today? I wouldnt normally care but have been turned away from the CX and QF lounges as a result of it and am now sitting in the AA First Lounge.

Apparently a fire in GF. CX and AA lounges were rammed today. I got to CX F around 1445 and it was quiet then but quickly filled up to capacity. Now GC is open but GF remains closed.

rc4566 Aug 1, 2019 11:15 am

Originally Posted by rc4566 (Post 31367370)

BA lounge has just reopened. Will retry CX again in a bit.

Jed Aug 1, 2019 11:36 am

Originally Posted by rc4566 (Post 31367495)

Hopefully you should be OK now that it is past the departure time of CX 250.

KeaneJohn Aug 1, 2019 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation (Post 31367431)
The CX F dining area service declines noticeably when it's very busy, in particular around the times of CX flight departures. I greatly enjoy my visits before BA short haul flights, but ironically the experience is not so great if you're actually flying CX F and try to order food in the lounge an hour or two before the flight. Having said that, it's still easily my favourite lounge in T3 (although it's been a couple of years since I've been in the VS Clubhouse).

I actually found it was best when it was rammed on the day of the Flyertalk Gibraltar do. Service was prompt and efficient. Seems to me it’s worse when it’s empty.

flyuk Aug 2, 2019 12:41 am

Originally Posted by St Elmos Fire (Post 31350435)
I searched high and low for a comparable chilli sauce/oil in the UK before finally finding it at... Tesco. I think it's exactly the same brand Lee Kum Kee, made in Hong Kong, Chiu Chow Chilli Oil

It's more likely to be Laoganma crispy chilli oil, that's a lot more popular in China and Hong Kong. I can't really tell the difference, but my Cantonese girlfriend and her family would probably kill and disown me for saying that.

Jet Ranger Aug 2, 2019 5:18 am

Originally Posted by rc4566 (Post 31367495)

BA GF is closed again right now. CX First lounge very busy compared to normal for this time of day....

Steve_ZA Aug 2, 2019 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Jet Ranger (Post 31370113)
BA GF is closed again right now. CX First lounge very busy compared to normal for this time of day....

I'm guessing that a reasonable number of the regular GF inhabitants may not have know that other lounges were available. Might have an impact on future numbers in the CX lounge.