FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

Smid Jun 11, 2019 10:01 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 31192022)
Indeed.

With VS the guest has to be on the same flight as the host (and yes they do check and yes they do enforce it).

I find it very strange that as VS gold, you can go in the VS lounge when not even flying VS though. So shorthauls off to Paris with one of the best business class lounges in the world.

To be fair. CX J and F are pretty damn good. I think it was back when only BA and AA J lounges were open, that I really pined for the VS one.

CloudGazer Jun 11, 2019 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Jed (Post 31191535)
Qantas will also allow children under 18, without them counting as your guest.

Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101 (Post 31191755)
You can take them all into the Qantas lounge at the same time, no problem.

As someone else said, Qantas don't count under 18s as guests.

This is not my experience at T3 (as a BA GCH). From memory the "children don't count" rule applies to Qantas Frequent Flyers but not OneWorld partners.

subject2load Jun 11, 2019 10:50 am

Originally Posted by ajeleonard (Post 31191945)
It's because of the small minority that abuse the system that airlines are constantly tightening up the rules and removing perks

I’m not sure just how much ‘tightening up the rules’ is going on (and even if that is the case, it then becomes a matter of enforcement .... which can vary widely between different staff members and / or time of day) ; but there’s no doubting that the abuse of guesting privileges - albeit by only a small minority, as you say - is one of the reasons why lounges tend to be increasingly crowded.

Geordie405 Jun 11, 2019 11:25 am

Originally Posted by CloudGazer (Post 31192243)
This is not my experience at T3 (as a BA GCH). From memory the "children don't count" rule applies to Qantas Frequent Flyers but not OneWorld partners.

I agree with this. That was definitely my experience at TBIT at LAX as well where I tried to guest my g/f and our 17 year old daughter into the First Class lounge there. The chap at the podium was having none of it and showed me the computer screen where it clearly stated one guest only.

LHR is detailed here https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlin...egory=qcLounge and it specifically states only one guest (irrespective of whether you're a Qantas or OW member) whereas if you look at LAX which is here https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlin...egory=qcLounge it allows one guest if you're entering as a OW member, but if you're a Qantas member then you're allowed one guest plus up to two children aged between 4 and 17.

So I definitely don't think it's as clear cut as others have alluded to.

DeathSlam Jun 11, 2019 11:26 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 31191317)
Cathay aren't bothered about guesting family members - provided they are not too busy, so you should be able to invite both without issue.

Try this before anything else.
Hopping about is fun for some people but it isn't properly selling the 'how the other half live' idea. A nice leisurely sojourn in T3 CX definitely is.

nordic Jun 11, 2019 1:47 pm

Sorry, a bit OT

There are many T3 lounge threads so I might just try my luck here. Does anyone know when the AA lounge will be upgraded (Flagship?) I remember reading this year. And I’m sure there has been news of opening a genuine Amex (Centurion?) lounge. Any fresh details?

mikeyfly Jun 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Raffles Jun 11, 2019 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by CloudGazer (Post 31192243)

Qantas T3 is now selling access for £55 for extra guests.

BAEC Jun 11, 2019 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 31191918)
Perhaps when T3 eventually gets fully redeveloped it will have a single OW lounge and lounge hopping problem solved!

If it happens.... then it better be CX or above standard.

sxc Jun 12, 2019 3:25 am

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 31193364)
Qantas T3 is now selling access for £55 for extra guests.

Really? Wow. Since when?

Smid Jun 12, 2019 3:40 am

Originally Posted by BAEC (Post 31193791)
If it happens.... then it better be CX or above standard.

I'd say it would be more Qantas level of lounge. They don't serve champers normally in most of the AMEX lounges (unless you are Centurion cardholder), so it's arguable whether BA Club is better if you rugby tackle a server to get champers. Food is usually of a level of a Priority Pass lounge circa 2014 (a lot of PP lounges have impressed me in recent times if you can get in them). I speak only from experience of the LAS AMEX lounge, which is much better than the PP one there.

benjai Jun 12, 2019 3:42 am

Originally Posted by mastutio (Post 31192024)
I have a similar conundrum. I am flying out next week with a fox, a chicken and a bag of grain. I would like to take them all into the lounge but I can only carry one at a time.

I can’t leave the fox and chicken together unattended as the fox will eat the chicken, and likewise I can’t leave the chicken and grain together unattended as the chicken will eat the grain. Is there any way I can get all three into the lounge?

I think they are unlikely to get past the dragon guarding the door.

jdsworld Jun 12, 2019 4:28 am

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 31194471)
I'd say it would be more Qantas level of lounge.

Friends of mine who lounge hop at T3 regularly have a rule: "Drink at Qantas, eat at Cathay."

Lost-in-Space Jun 12, 2019 4:54 am

Originally Posted by mastutio (Post 31192024)
I have a similar conundrum. I am flying out next week with a fox, a chicken and a bag of grain. I would like to take them all into the lounge but I can only carry one at a time.

I can’t leave the fox and chicken together unattended as the fox will eat the chicken, and likewise I can’t leave the chicken and grain together unattended as the chicken will eat the grain. Is there any way I can get all three into the lounge?

Apart from a prior comment about lounge dragons not letting you in, I think there are additional problems:

You will probably get your chicken through The First Wing but the Second Wing, the Beak Wing and The Breast Wing may refuse.
BA have a strict policy of only one emotional support animal allowed - but you can get by this by saying that the fox is actually a family member (under 18, if that helps at Qantas).
As you pass the horses in the F lounge cover your fox's eyes - horrible flashbacks about prior hunts may occur.
Don't let your chicken anywhere near the buffets if chicken dishes are available - loud screams of "Mama".
You may be stopped at security - grain in sufficient quantities and in the right conditions can be explosive.
You will fall foul (!) of the BA rule on maximum two items of hand baggage, unless you eat the grain beforehand. Ditto the chicken, and God forbid, the fox.
Next time book an HBO fare: Hares, Birds and Oats.
If you are CE - either the chicken or the fox will need to be seated apart - check with your fellow travellers if they have any preference. ("I was seated next to this real fox the other day").
You will not be allowed in an Emergency Exit row, the fox will have difficulties opening the window and the chicken may misunderstand "Evacuate, evacuate."

Otherwise Happy Trails!

testycal Jun 12, 2019 5:49 am

https://www.qantas.com/gb/en/frequen....html#children

Qantas lounge children access rules