Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Old Apr 4, 2016, 9:37 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
arriving T3 with BA, and departing T4 with MH.

any chance of using the T3 lounges as Oneworld Sapphire as I'm arriving before the MH lounge opens at 6pm.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 9:45 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Incidentally, the CX lounges are closed until June or July for construction. CX is currently sending people to the No. 1 lounge, including putting a staff member there, though one can just go to BA or AA instead.

Originally Posted by wantan
arriving T3 with BA, and departing T4 with MH.

any chance of using the T3 lounges as Oneworld Sapphire as I'm arriving before the MH lounge opens at 6pm.
No. They are for use on departing flights and you can only use them with an OW departure. That said, MH is a member of SkyTeam and you should be able to use the very nice SkyTeam lounge, which was formerly the CCR space.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 9:52 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by N1120A
Incidentally, the CX lounges are closed until June or July for construction. CX is currently sending people to the No. 1 lounge, including putting a staff member there, though one can just go to BA or AA instead.

No. They are for use on departing flights and you can only use them with an OW departure. That said, MH is a member of SkyTeam and you should be able to use the very nice SkyTeam lounge, which was formerly the CCR space.
MH is not in SkyTeam and MH pax can't use the SkyTeam lounge (only elites departing on QR flight in Y can use that lounge.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 10:32 pm
EdC

Programs: BA Silver, Accor + Hilton Gold, YHA Life member
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
MH pax can't use the SkyTeam lounge
That's what I thought too, but the Oneworld lounge finder now says different:

Qatar Airways frequent flyers (Platinum, Gold and Silver), oneworld Emerald and Sapphire customers, and First and Business class passengers when traveling on Qatar Airways or any oneworld member airline.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:11 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
I'll be transferring through T3 on Saturday at around 09:30AM - 11:30AM. Now that the CX lounge is closed which of the BA or AA lounge is better foodwise at this hour? It looks like I will just miss the BA breakfast.

As OWS I have access to business class lounges.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:21 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Hartsa
I'll be transferring through T3 on Saturday at around 09:30AM - 11:30AM. Now that the CX lounge is closed which of the BA or AA lounge is better foodwise at this hour? It looks like I will just miss the BA breakfast.

As OWS I have access to business class lounges.
I suggest the AA one. Was in the BA Galleries J just over a week ago and there was literally nothing but fruit salad and cookies to eat at that time... Drinkwise it's better.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by lkrt
I suggest the AA one. Was in the BA Galleries J just over a week ago and there was literally nothing but fruit salad and cookies to eat at that time... Drinkwise it's better.
Thank you. So it'll be a mini-lounge-hopping then. First food at AA and then drinks at BA
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Hartsa
Thank you. So it'll be a mini-lounge-hopping then. First food at AA and then drinks at BA
Food in BA T3 is actually pretty good during meal time. They have curry, pasta, salad, and potatoes. Food in AA is like cafeteria food. Liquor is definitely better in BA. Showers are better in AA.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Food in BA T3 is actually pretty good during meal time.
Nice to know but my visit will unfortunately be off meal times.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 12:27 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by EdC
That's what I thought too, but the Oneworld lounge finder now says different:
I would say it's a mistake,because QR has a contract with the Skyteam lounge for it's own pax [in addition to their own lounge for J/F] and MH has it's own lounge.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 2:11 am

Programs: BA Silver
At the risk of it all kicking off... any experience here of the No1 lounge at t3?
Old Apr 5, 2016, 2:23 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond

thanks for the info on CX lounge.

MH is in OneWorld. I will be landing in T3, but planing to spend 2/3 hours in the OneWorld T3 lounges before heading over to T4 when the MH lounge opens at 6pm. Is this possible ?

My experience of the Qatar Lounge in T4 has been hit and miss even with a Business class ticket on MH (ie: been denied entry).
Old Apr 5, 2016, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
For the same reason - and for the benefit of anyone else searching here in the future - you cannot do this if entering T5 from landside, this only works if you are on a connection, and a non Domestic-Domestic one at that.
Presumably starting from T5 airside you can (if you really want to) ride the shuttles to T5C, remain on them back to T5B (now in the arrivals flow), take the bus to T3, and then return to T5 as you describe (albeit that your ready to fly status will be strange, but probably corrected by somebody at T5 flight connections).

Myself I'd find this far too much effort, but then my target arrival time at T5 is typically 55 mins before departure.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
How do you get back from T3 departures however?
Old Apr 5, 2016, 4:43 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
In T3, there is a sign saying that if you want to go shopping in Prada (or Louis Vuitton or whatever brand name shop that isn't open in T3) and you have more than 2 hours til your next flight to see the information desk and they will help you get to another terminal.

Does anyone know what terminal that is, and maybe it's a way to get to another lounge?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.