Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
I think Cathay is best if you enjoy Chinese / Hong Kong style food. My favorite are the pork buns. There's also a thread about T3 lounges in case you want more details.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:11 am

The dashboard has a link to a very good thread which gives you all the answers:

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:13 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Is it just me, or do we see a new "Which lounge at T3" thread once a week (or more?) these days?

OP, you will find a wealth of information if you search the forum - but ultimately, the recommended lounge will depend of where you have access (i.e. F or J / OWE or OWS). I think however, that the general consensus would be CX.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:10 am

Before this thread gets moved, I would have to say that I do not think the CX lounge the best. The F dining is fine but nothing special and if you want the noodle bar you have to be in the J part. They will bring it through if you can coordinate the staff, your location and the buzzer. The F bit is quite small and can feel crowded even when it isn’t.

I like the BA F lounge. It feels warm and comfortable.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Is it just me, or do we see a new "Which lounge at T3" thread once a week (or more?) these days?

OP, you will find a wealth of information if you search the forum - but ultimately, the recommended lounge will depend of where you have access (i.e. F or J / OWE or OWS). I think however, that the general consensus would be CX.
Yes, and it's becoming less and less of an insider secret that somebody flying BA doesn't actually have to use the BA lounge.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Please see one of the gazillion T3 lounge threads in the BA forum or dashboard.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
As the OP is a very infrequent poster, and most likely an infrequent visitor here, the couple of comments up thread are not very helpful or welcoming.

rossmacd points to the right thread - I would back up that either CX First or CX J lounges are decent - if you're on the 275 with a circa 5pm departure, why not work your way around the lounges and make your own mind.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
The bar in the CX business class lounge (NOT the F lounge) is great. They will mix pretty much any cocktail you ask for, assuming they have the ingredients handy. I am told the staff there are from Sofitel.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:23 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by mikebg
I am told the staff there are from Sofitel.
I don't know about CX, but I noticed the Quantas staff were indeed employed by an hotel chain (probably the one that has the Sofitel, too) and the service in both of the aforementioned is pretty good. I guess it is a good idea to let (good) hotels take care of lounges.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:26 am

I have only been in the CX J lounge just ti add to the points above they also have a decent hot buffet which on Friday had some nice looking Fish and Chips. At Xmas time last year there was also turkey with all the trimmings.

The fizz is Moet and the Dirty Martini's are lethal. Can only comment on OW J lounges in T3 but this is head and shoulders above the competition.

Below is my setup on Friday

GCab likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:51 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Greenpen
Before this thread gets moved, I would have to say that I do not think the CX lounge the best. The F dining is fine but nothing special and if you want the noodle bar you have to be in the J part. They will bring it through if you can coordinate the staff, your location and the buzzer. The F bit is quite small and can feel crowded even when it isn’t.

I like the BA F lounge. It feels warm and comfortable.
There's plenty of opportunity to experience the BA F lounge in T5 or LGW, and I happily go there when flying from those terminals. It is nothing special either. I prefer some variety when in T3.

You can order noodle bar items to be delivered to the F area without leaving your seat or getting a buzzer, although it's best to do this when actual CX passengers are not arriving in the lounge en masse.

I note that the OP didn't mention which class they were flying in, or whether they have any status, so it is possible they are only eligible for third-party paid lounges.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador

Cathay Flounge gets our vote. Young MasterW told the lounge angel it was his birthday and within 5 minutes of sitting down he was presented with a box of chocs. As a control, we are going to pop into the BA Flounge and he will say the same thing to check the response.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by MrsW

Cathay Flounge gets our vote. Young MasterW told the lounge angel it was his birthday and within 5 minutes of sitting down he was presented with a box of chocs. As a control, we are going to pop into the BA Flounge and he will say the same thing to check the response.
I love those chocolates (and that lounge). Happy Birthday, MasterW!
MrsW likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:05 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
In the LHR T3 CX lounge right now and despite it being very busy earlier this afternoon, service was top notch. Brilliant staff and the added bonus is that the champagne is Laurent Perrier and Laurent Perrrier rose. The rose is excellent (same as QR LHR T4 Lounge). Popped in to BA GF and unfortunately it is no comparison
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador

We just left and MasterW was presented with two more gifts. Nothing from BA......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.