Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
To do this, after arriving into T5, follow the signs for Flight Connections All Terminals, then in the main hub area Flight Connections T3, which involves an escalator down to the buses. Do not go through T5 Flight Connections first, since it's troublesome to get out of airside. At T5B (not C) there is a direct bus link to T3 down one level from arrivals, one level up from the transits.
Thank you. Does this mean that I have to clear security at T3 and back at T5 to get back in for my flight?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:25 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by aglp2k
Thank you. Does this mean that I have to clear security at T3 and back at T5 to get back in for my flight?
Yes, security at T3, and then again at T5 for the onward flight (plus - presumably - your start airport too).
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How does one leave T3 airside to go back to T5?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by paul4040
The CX lounge gets really busy within 2 hours of their flights, but outside those times it's like a library. The noodles are great, as is the general ambience IMO.
This has been my experience too.

After some noodles, I went to the BA GF for some higher quality champagne.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:01 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Calchas
How does one leave T3 airside to go back to T5?
You simply walk back the way you came from Flight Connections, but it's not signposted, so a good memory is helpful. Otherwise ask for assistance from the customer service desks.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Currently sat in the CX Lounge with only 4 other passengers waiting for my flight to BIO having moved from Galleries Club which was overcrowded.
Sat with a Tsingtao and made to order Shrimp and Pork Wonton Noodles overlooking the runway. No contest in my opinion.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For anything except breakfast (because given connections I'm never there early enough), its a tie between AA F and CX F, AA a bit ahead given quality of ingredients. BA GF not even close-carb & stodgy.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
What about the J lounges? Which one in T3 is the best?
Old Oct 21, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by hugolover
For anything except breakfast (because given connections I'm never there early enough), its a tie between AA F and CX F, AA a bit ahead given quality of ingredients. BA GF not even close-carb & stodgy.
I fully agree with this. With new BA flights being moved to T3, no CCR lounge at T3 and a lackluster T3 BA GF lounge, things are not looking good. I wonder how long CX and AA will accept the masses of BA pax coming into their lounges, after all it's BA's main hub.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vibguy
I fully agree with this. With new BA flights being moved to T3, no CCR lounge at T3 and a lackluster T3 BA GF lounge, things are not looking good. I wonder how long CX and AA will accept the masses of BA pax coming into their lounges, after all it's BA's main hub.
Presumably there is some kind of renumeration on that.

Right now I'd take the one decent a la carte option in AA Flagship over anything at GF in T5 or T3. It's a pity it closes so soon.

I would be very happy if the quality of the food in GF reverted to the old state of play. Looking through a few photos I took over the years its basically LHR CCR food now .
Old Oct 27, 2015, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vibguy
I doubt it'll be masses. Most people just go to the lounge they are directed to use.

Personally I find the T3 GF perfectly adequate and usually use it in preference to the other lounges. But then again I rarely eat breakfast.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold
In the CX F lounge now; since the morning AY HEL flight left I've been literally the only person in here.

Best living room ever.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 1:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Of course no sooner do I say that than a second person walks in.

Might have to head over to GF now that this place is all crowded.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Calchas
I doubt it'll be masses. Most people just go to the lounge they are directed to use.
Totally agree. It's funny, in another thread someone complained that the AA masses were going to invade the BA T3 GF.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 2:48 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
AA for showers and their new breakfasts (if they still have the eggs with avocado and sweet chillis)

BA for booze, including the best champagne. Probably the most food variety as well and the best coffee.

CX for noodles, view and quiet if it is a down time.

Originally Posted by boutela
Of course no sooner do I say that than a second person walks in.

Might have to head over to GF now that this place is all crowded.

There are times that CX lounge is completely deserted, and that is really nice. I got incredible amounts of work done in there earlier this year and the ladies working were so nice. The noodles are truly excellent as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.