Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
It's odd that it's gone from none available in the CCR a couple of weeks ago to it being put out in GF.

Are they short of the Henriot / Castelnau?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
We do know that (one of) BA's suppliers has been having some well-known and highly-publicised problems, including difficulties in itself obtaining stock from its suppliers (who have been withholding it because they feared that they would not get paid). In that context, it doesn't seem wholly surprising that there might possibly some be odd glitches in both directions with the champagne supply. Am I barking up the wrong tree?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:22 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
It's odd that it's gone from none available in the CCR a couple of weeks ago to it being put out in GF.

Are they short of the Henriot / Castelnau?
As noted elsewhere, there have been problems in the supply chain of alcohol distribution, thanks to the threat of administration by Bibendum and its holding company. That has now been averted. However yes, irrespective of the recent issue, which I suspect is now resolved in terms of BA's supply, every so often LPGS makes an appearance in GF T3 and LGW. Christmas is a good time to look.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Yesterday on the Champagne thread someone reported that LPGS was on self pour in GF T3. Probably not for long though.
I posted this. Purely for the benefit of this forum I took one for the team and finished what remained in the 2 bottles that were put out....and they were both replaced. My work done I slinked back to Cathay for a rest. After years of Gold it was my first visit to T3 GF.....
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Having used the Cathay lounge for the first time a oouple of weeks ago on the outbound I thought it far superior to the BA for food and drink. I sometimes get a good magazine selection at BA, though not always, other than that Cathay all the way.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:04 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Could we cut it out with the TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms) and FFLAs (Freaking Four Letter Acronyms), especially when they are not airline related?

For those as confused as me, apparently LPGS = Laurent-Perrier Grand Siècle. Or it at least that is my guess.
LondonCanuck likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by stc
Could we cut it out with the TLAs
You have a point, and we are bad in that department it has to be said. If it in anyway helps, there is an Abbreviations guide in the Dashboard, it's in the wiki and LPGS is already in there.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by stc
apparently LPGS = Laurent-Perrier Grand Siècle. Or it at least that is my guess.
And all these years I thought LPGS meant Let Pucci Galore Speak.

By the way, what does stc​​​​​​​ mean?
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:36 am

Yesterday on the Champagne thread someone reported that LPGS was on self pour in GF T3. Probably not for long though.
I'm sure it's a coincidence, but today T3 Flounge has the quad of LPGS, Henriot, Jacquart and Taittinger.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I'm sure it's a coincidence, but today T3 Flounge has the quad of LPGS, Henriot, Jacquart and Taittinger.
Whaaat? And there I was, ‘slumming’ it over Dim sum and Baron de R in CXF. Plus missed the rare opportunity to toast a glass of LPGS with the lenegdary CWS...
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch

......................... Plus missed the rare opportunity to toast a glass of LPGS with the lenegdary CWS...
Although you would have had to do the actual toasting bit alone. It so happens that c-w-s steers well clear of the bubbly stuff. And indeed all else that comes into the alcohol category.
our_kid likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by KARFA
There were also report of LPGS out at LGW in GF there. It seems deliberate rather than a mistake.
was definitely deliberate and rumoured due to a shortage of Taittinger but who knows.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
I mistakenly read that the CX business lounge noodle bar only opened at 10am so I was a little sad but lowered my expectations on my way to my Tallinn TP run. I was pleasantly surprised to be able to order dim-sum at 6am for my breakfast, and it sorta made my day.

Is there any time where the noodle bar is closed, nowadays?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer

And all these years I thought LPGS meant Let Pucci Galore Speak.

By the way, what does stc mean?
Well, maybe it's LPGS's alter ego: Stop Talking Cherie...

Sorry, that was naughty wasn't it? I blame the rum punch where I am currently holidaying... that's killed my chances of a Mucci as surely as Ant/Dec getting another gong.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
W T F! Sorry for another acronym stc . 4 options and LPGS still available! Was in T3 recently, should've poked my head in to BA GF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.