Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 2, 22, 2:47 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Old Mar 14, 18, 5:02 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by mjh0 View Post
Hot breakfast buffet in CX Business as I recall. Both Western items and I'm fairly certain some Asian breakfast items such as buns and congee.
Perfect, thanks ^
Old Mar 14, 18, 9:01 am

Programs: BAEC gold, M&M FQTV
Originally Posted by Knickam View Post
First time in T3 in a couple of weeks flying AA to Miami on the 09:45 flight.
Would there be a preferred route to take around the lounge circuit before boarding.
Since you're BA Gold per your profile, you have access to the first sections of all the lounges. I liked the CX Chinese breakfast (dim sum, congee, etc.) though they also have an English breakfast and you can get the side of dim sum. I also like the AA Flagship lounge for breakfast--eggs Benedict, avocado smash on toast, etc. The BA First lounge has a very nice standard English buffet plus a sit down section with a menu. The Qantas lounge has a sit down section downstairs with one or two choices that the staff will bring you and a buffet upstairs. In some ways, breakfast is breakfast and the differences are minimal, so you can't really go wrong. The service seems slowest at CX, so if you're running late, that may be a factor in pushing you to the buffet. Remember it's a pretty long walk to the end of the pier where the AA flights to Miami leave from so allow 10-15 minutes from the lounges depending on your speed. Finally, if you're in First on AA make sure to save room for the LPGS they are serving. If in business, then the lounges probably have better champagne than you'll get onboard.
Knickam likes this.
Old Mar 14, 18, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by eefor jfp View Post
Finally, if you're in First on AA make sure to save room for the LPGS they are serving. If in business, then the lounges probably have better champagne than you'll get onboard.
Are you saying they serve LPGS in the AA First lounge? I popped in for the brekkie, but didn't notice the champers. Or do you mean onboard F?
Old Mar 14, 18, 1:01 pm

Programs: BAEC gold, M&M FQTV
Originally Posted by Smid View Post
Are you saying they serve LPGS in the AA First lounge? I popped in for the brekkie, but didn't notice the champers. Or do you mean onboard F?
onboard. sorry if that wasn't clear. they had Tattinger Rose in the lounge a week or two ago.
Old Mar 14, 18, 3:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by eefor jfp View Post
Since you're BA Gold per your profile, you have access to the first sections of all the lounges. I liked the CX Chinese breakfast (dim sum, congee, etc.) though they also have an English breakfast and you can get the side of dim sum. I also like the AA Flagship lounge for breakfast--eggs Benedict, avocado smash on toast, etc. The BA First lounge has a very nice standard English buffet plus a sit down section with a menu. The Qantas lounge has a sit down section downstairs with one or two choices that the staff will bring you and a buffet upstairs. In some ways, breakfast is breakfast and the differences are minimal, so you can't really go wrong. The service seems slowest at CX, so if you're running late, that may be a factor in pushing you to the buffet. Remember it's a pretty long walk to the end of the pier where the AA flights to Miami leave from so allow 10-15 minutes from the lounges depending on your speed. Finally, if you're in First on AA make sure to save room for the LPGS they are serving. If in business, then the lounges probably have better champagne than you'll get onboard.

Thank you

Will be there in plenty of time to sample the CX, Qantas and AA lounges, Not sure of the actual locations so just want a logical route in the general direction of the boarding gates.
Not too worried about the BA F lounge as probably similar to the T5 one which I have been in a few times.
Flying in J so will no LPGS for us, And don't worry as we will be at the gate in plenty of time. The better half will see to that.
Old Mar 14, 18, 4:28 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Knickam View Post
Thank you

Will be there in plenty of time to sample the CX, Qantas and AA lounges, Not sure of the actual locations so just want a logical route in the general direction of the boarding gates.
Not too worried about the BA F lounge as probably similar to the T5 one which I have been in a few times.
Flying in J so will no LPGS for us, And don't worry as we will be at the gate in plenty of time. The better half will see to that.
The lounges are all along the same corridor and within 100m of each other. You could start off at CC, then work your way through QF, BA., and AA, with the AA one being marginally closer to your likely gate.
Knickam likes this.
Old Mar 16, 18, 2:54 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
If you're gonna Lounge-Hop anyway, then you should allow enough time to visit BOTH the First Class and Business sections of all the lounges. Otherwise you've only seen half of the available lounges.
Old Mar 17, 18, 2:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by CloudCoder View Post
If you're gonna Lounge-Hop anyway, then you should allow enough time to visit BOTH the First Class and Business sections of all the lounges. Otherwise you've only seen half of the available lounges.
Turns out I am going to be back at T3 flying with RJ 3 weeks later. 50 odd years and never been there and now twice in a month so will be able to visit any I missed first time round.
Old Mar 17, 18, 7:20 am

I'd really not suggest you visit the business version of BA or AA, unless you want to view how bad things could be...
Old Mar 17, 18, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I'd really not suggest you visit the business version of BA or AA, unless you want to view how bad things could be...
AA's flagship lounge is pretty good.
Old Mar 17, 18, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse View Post
Which is their F lounge. I said business. Unless they let BA Silvers into their F lounge like they do in the US.
Old Mar 17, 18, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by FlightNurse View Post
is there a flagship business like LAX? last time i was there in September it was pretty nasty compared to the other available lounges.
Old Mar 17, 18, 5:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
DELETED
Old Mar 18, 18, 4:55 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
The attraction of these two lounges is that they are YUGE. So ... walk in ... experience the hugeness ... then leave quickly.
Old Mar 18, 18, 4:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The attraction of these two lounges is that they are YUGE. So ... walk in ... experience the hugeness ... then leave quickly.
and experience the superfast wifi in the AA lounges! but otherwise I agree head somewhere else. I usually head to the CX lounge and don't move

Search this Thread