Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

    Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 2, 22, 2:47 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges





https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html


LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges






Print Wikipost

Old Mar 14, 18, 5:02 am
  #196  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Programs: BA, Hilton
Posts: 1,668
Originally Posted by mjh0 View Post
Hot breakfast buffet in CX Business as I recall. Both Western items and I'm fairly certain some Asian breakfast items such as buns and congee.
Perfect, thanks ^
BertieBadger is offline  
Old Mar 14, 18, 9:01 am
  #197  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: coastal Croatia
Programs: BAEC gold, M&M FQTV
Posts: 2,090
Originally Posted by Knickam View Post
First time in T3 in a couple of weeks flying AA to Miami on the 09:45 flight.
Would there be a preferred route to take around the lounge circuit before boarding.
Since you're BA Gold per your profile, you have access to the first sections of all the lounges. I liked the CX Chinese breakfast (dim sum, congee, etc.) though they also have an English breakfast and you can get the side of dim sum. I also like the AA Flagship lounge for breakfast--eggs Benedict, avocado smash on toast, etc. The BA First lounge has a very nice standard English buffet plus a sit down section with a menu. The Qantas lounge has a sit down section downstairs with one or two choices that the staff will bring you and a buffet upstairs. In some ways, breakfast is breakfast and the differences are minimal, so you can't really go wrong. The service seems slowest at CX, so if you're running late, that may be a factor in pushing you to the buffet. Remember it's a pretty long walk to the end of the pier where the AA flights to Miami leave from so allow 10-15 minutes from the lounges depending on your speed. Finally, if you're in First on AA make sure to save room for the LPGS they are serving. If in business, then the lounges probably have better champagne than you'll get onboard.
Knickam likes this.
eefor jfp is offline  
Old Mar 14, 18, 11:58 am
  #198  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Wolverhampton
Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Posts: 1,448
Originally Posted by eefor jfp View Post
Finally, if you're in First on AA make sure to save room for the LPGS they are serving. If in business, then the lounges probably have better champagne than you'll get onboard.
Are you saying they serve LPGS in the AA First lounge? I popped in for the brekkie, but didn't notice the champers. Or do you mean onboard F?
Smid is offline  
Old Mar 14, 18, 1:01 pm
  #199  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: coastal Croatia
Programs: BAEC gold, M&M FQTV
Posts: 2,090
Originally Posted by Smid View Post
Are you saying they serve LPGS in the AA First lounge? I popped in for the brekkie, but didn't notice the champers. Or do you mean onboard F?
onboard. sorry if that wasn't clear. they had Tattinger Rose in the lounge a week or two ago.
eefor jfp is offline  
Old Mar 14, 18, 3:36 pm
  #200  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Aberdeenshire
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 153
Originally Posted by eefor jfp View Post
Since you're BA Gold per your profile, you have access to the first sections of all the lounges. I liked the CX Chinese breakfast (dim sum, congee, etc.) though they also have an English breakfast and you can get the side of dim sum. I also like the AA Flagship lounge for breakfast--eggs Benedict, avocado smash on toast, etc. The BA First lounge has a very nice standard English buffet plus a sit down section with a menu. The Qantas lounge has a sit down section downstairs with one or two choices that the staff will bring you and a buffet upstairs. In some ways, breakfast is breakfast and the differences are minimal, so you can't really go wrong. The service seems slowest at CX, so if you're running late, that may be a factor in pushing you to the buffet. Remember it's a pretty long walk to the end of the pier where the AA flights to Miami leave from so allow 10-15 minutes from the lounges depending on your speed. Finally, if you're in First on AA make sure to save room for the LPGS they are serving. If in business, then the lounges probably have better champagne than you'll get onboard.

Thank you

Will be there in plenty of time to sample the CX, Qantas and AA lounges, Not sure of the actual locations so just want a logical route in the general direction of the boarding gates.
Not too worried about the BA F lounge as probably similar to the T5 one which I have been in a few times.
Flying in J so will no LPGS for us, And don't worry as we will be at the gate in plenty of time. The better half will see to that.
Knickam is offline  
Old Mar 14, 18, 4:28 pm
  #201  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 37,931
Originally Posted by Knickam View Post
Thank you

Will be there in plenty of time to sample the CX, Qantas and AA lounges, Not sure of the actual locations so just want a logical route in the general direction of the boarding gates.
Not too worried about the BA F lounge as probably similar to the T5 one which I have been in a few times.
Flying in J so will no LPGS for us, And don't worry as we will be at the gate in plenty of time. The better half will see to that.
The lounges are all along the same corridor and within 100m of each other. You could start off at CC, then work your way through QF, BA., and AA, with the AA one being marginally closer to your likely gate.
Knickam likes this.
KARFA is online now  
Old Mar 16, 18, 2:54 pm
  #202  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Posts: 6,411
If you're gonna Lounge-Hop anyway, then you should allow enough time to visit BOTH the First Class and Business sections of all the lounges. Otherwise you've only seen half of the available lounges.
CloudCoder is offline  
Old Mar 17, 18, 2:12 am
  #203  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Aberdeenshire
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 153
Originally Posted by CloudCoder View Post
If you're gonna Lounge-Hop anyway, then you should allow enough time to visit BOTH the First Class and Business sections of all the lounges. Otherwise you've only seen half of the available lounges.
Turns out I am going to be back at T3 flying with RJ 3 weeks later. 50 odd years and never been there and now twice in a month so will be able to visit any I missed first time round.
Knickam is offline  
Old Mar 17, 18, 7:20 am
  #204  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Wolverhampton
Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Posts: 1,448
Originally Posted by CloudCoder View Post
If you're gonna Lounge-Hop anyway, then you should allow enough time to visit BOTH the First Class and Business sections of all the lounges. Otherwise you've only seen half of the available lounges.
I'd really not suggest you visit the business version of BA or AA, unless you want to view how bad things could be...
Smid is offline  
Old Mar 17, 18, 10:59 am
  #205  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: PHX & AGP
Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 10,969
Originally Posted by Smid View Post
I'd really not suggest you visit the business version of BA or AA, unless you want to view how bad things could be...
AA's flagship lounge is pretty good.
FlightNurse is offline  
Old Mar 17, 18, 11:20 am
  #206  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Wolverhampton
Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Posts: 1,448
Originally Posted by FlightNurse View Post
AA's flagship lounge is pretty good.
Which is their F lounge. I said business. Unless they let BA Silvers into their F lounge like they do in the US.
Smid is offline  
Old Mar 17, 18, 4:51 pm
  #207  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: LAX
Programs: AA EXP.
Posts: 1,116
Originally Posted by FlightNurse View Post
AA's flagship lounge is pretty good.
is there a flagship business like LAX? last time i was there in September it was pretty nasty compared to the other available lounges.
Amil is offline  
Old Mar 17, 18, 5:03 pm
  #208  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: WAW ✈ LHR
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Posts: 2,348
DELETED
megaloman is offline  
Old Mar 18, 18, 4:55 am
  #209  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Posts: 6,411
Originally Posted by Smid View Post
I'd really not suggest you visit the business version of BA or AA, unless you want to view how bad things could be...
The attraction of these two lounges is that they are YUGE. So ... walk in ... experience the hugeness ... then leave quickly.
CloudCoder is offline  
Old Mar 18, 18, 4:58 am
  #210  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 37,931
Originally Posted by CloudCoder View Post
The attraction of these two lounges is that they are YUGE. So ... walk in ... experience the hugeness ... then leave quickly.
and experience the superfast wifi in the AA lounges! but otherwise I agree head somewhere else. I usually head to the CX lounge and don't move

KARFA is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread