FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

polochick Apr 21, 2019 4:49 am

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn (Post 31019398)

Had the peach melba bircher in the glass pot on Friday - was delicious!

KeaneJohn Apr 21, 2019 6:06 am

Originally Posted by polochick (Post 31022015)

Had the peach melba bircher in the glass pot on Friday - was delicious!

i know you have the noodle bar in CX F and J but here was a lunchtime visit menu.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8eab0d09a.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8ddabf0ee.jpeg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2a2f8800b.jpeg

Reetmafreen Apr 21, 2019 12:27 pm

Thanks KeaneJohn.

OWS here, so I’ll have to make do with the T3 J lounges.

Prior to the AA/USAiways merger, I would fly US Aiways as part of *A and fly out of T1 and use that lounge. After the merger and before BA reintroduced the LHR-SAN route, I would use AA on the LAX-LHR route and being none the wiser, I would stick to the Admirals club in T3 when coming home and make do with that. Since the BA SAN service restarted, I’ve pretty much stuck to BA metal and T5 departures.

Now that I’m back to T3, the information gleaned here at FT will help make the lounge experience a bit lot more enjoyable than the “meah” AA Admirals Club offering.

doctoravios Apr 21, 2019 2:01 pm

Some bad news for those of you who like The Botanist. Qantas have stopped serving it in their T3 lounge. Here is the most recent gin bar menu:

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ef4163ca6e.jpg

sotonjoe Apr 21, 2019 3:15 pm

Apols for asking a probably often asked question but at what sort of time does the food switch over from breakfast to lunch in the t3 one world business lounges? Thank you.

BAGoldBoy Apr 21, 2019 3:23 pm

CX Lounge changes over at 11:30

Neilgcal Apr 21, 2019 4:18 pm

Anyone know when the QF lounge a la carte dinner starts being served from and if it is available to non QF ticketed passengers?

Tiger_lily Apr 21, 2019 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by doctoravios (Post 31023115)
Some bad news for those of you who like The Botanist. Qantas have stopped serving it in their T3 lounge. Here is the most recent gin bar menu:

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ef4163ca6e.jpg

Pfftt hardly a top notch selection there

Frequent flyer 101 Apr 21, 2019 5:21 pm

I've been skipping the CX F reataurest lately for early afternoon flights in favor of AA F. AA serve the same menu all day, meaning you can have breakfast past 12noon. The full English bap is really quite good. Plus I like to grab a couple of evian bottles for the flight.

Vasco Pridat Apr 28, 2019 10:52 pm

Relaxing in t3

Good morning society
I pretty much know all the T3 ow lounges.. In respect of champagne 🥂😍🤔
What if it comes down to laying down?
I can't really recall a real rest area anywhere besides the one pay lounge.
Which is in ur opinion the best place to rest?
Arriving today at t5 around 9..and flying out of t3 to Mia after 4?
Thnx

lost_in_translation Apr 29, 2019 2:18 am

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat (Post 31047406)
Good morning society
I pretty much know all the T3 ow lounges.. In respect of champagne 🥂😍🤔
What if it comes down to laying down?
I can't really recall a real rest area anywhere besides the one pay lounge.
Which is in ur opinion the best place to rest?
Arriving today at t5 around 9..and flying out of t3 to Mia after 4?
Thnx

A hotel!

In all seriousness, I don’t recall seeing a rest-type area in any of them, so I would recommend considering it.

TheFlyingCyclist Apr 29, 2019 2:31 am

Originally Posted by Neilgcal (Post 31023424)
Anyone know when the QF lounge a la carte dinner starts being served from and if it is available to non QF ticketed passengers?

I think it's about 18:30 last time I was in there. It's available to everyone.

KARFA May 1, 2019 6:59 am

Current LHR CX F champagnes. Prefer the LP, nice crisp and clean. The Vesselles is drinkable but slightly yeasty nose I don’t like. Not a big rose fan but Layton’s is good, not too sweet which is what I dislike with most rose. My preferred is LP by a clear margin; but the other two are worth trying.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/8...924/ohppGi.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/6...924/FwjgaM.jpg

bigwalrus May 1, 2019 2:01 pm

We'll be in T3 on Friday morning. Which is the best business class lounge for breakfast?

dougzz May 1, 2019 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by bigwalrus (Post 31057393)
We'll be in T3 on Friday morning. Which is the best business class lounge for breakfast?

36 pages of previous comments, I'm sure the answer is here already. Why not just check out a couple for yourself and see what you like.

bigwalrus May 1, 2019 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by dougzz (Post 31057406)
36 pages of previous comments, I'm sure the answer is here already. Why not just check out a couple for yourself and see what you like.

Checking on a mobile, with posts spanning over 4 years and mostly focussed on the F lounges, the search was unfortunately fruitless.

corporate-wage-slave May 1, 2019 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by bigwalrus (Post 31057468)

Checking on a mobile, with posts spanning over 4 years and mostly focussed on the F lounges, the search was unfortunately fruitless.

Probably Cathay is the short answer but scanning upwards a few pages will give you the idea. Qantas if it's not too early and you prefer lighter, healthier options. If you have family with you a case could be made for American due to the sweets and American food options. Just check your belongings before departure.....

TheFlyingCyclist May 1, 2019 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 31057481)
Just check your belongings before departure.....

Really?! Have things gone walkies in there?

And yes, I’d agree with Cathay if you fancy a bit of a fry-up and some drinks, or Qantas if you want a fabulous fry-up combined with other choices. I’d probably settle on the side of Qantas for breakfast as the choice is superb; there’s a wider range of cooked items than Cathay. Then pop into Cathay if you fancy a cocktail or two.

bigwalrus May 1, 2019 3:00 pm

Thanks, both. Qantas sounds like the best option I reckon. What “American food options” are available in the AA business lounge? Are we talking pancakes, bacon and maple syrup?

I can see the posts above with breakfast but they all appear to be F dining rather than J breakfast buffet, or am I missing something?

corporate-wage-slave May 1, 2019 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by bigwalrus (Post 31057537)
Thanks, both. Qantas sounds like the best option I reckon. What “American food options” are available in the AA business lounge? Are we talking pancakes, bacon and maple syrup?

I can see the posts above with breakfast but they all appear to be F dining rather than J breakfast buffet, or am I missing something?

These Goldies just get everywhere I'm afraid, but there are some snippets about life outside of the Emerald track if you look for them. AA indeed do those sorts of US style breakfast items and their catering company has a good reputation. It can be quite busy however, since their passenger peak is earlier than the other lounges.

Vasco Pridat May 1, 2019 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 31055811)
Current LHR CX F champagnes. Prefer the LP, nice crisp and clean. The Vesselles is drinkable but slightly yeasty nose I don’t like. Not a big rose fan but Layton’s is good, not too sweet which is what I dislike with most rose. My preferred is LP by a clear margin; but the other two are worth trying.

Great testing. See, I luved the Vesselles for its nose. Thought what a great surprise .
Always good to have a choice ..
I totally agree on the rose

bigwalrus May 1, 2019 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 31057550)
These Goldies just get everywhere I'm afraid, but there are some snippets about life outside of the Emerald track if you look for them. AA indeed do those sorts of US style breakfast items and their catering company has a good reputation. It can be quite busy however, since their passenger peak is earlier than the other lounges.

Thanks a lot. Clear to me now. We'll see what we fancy on the day before heading in. I'll grab a few photos to add to the thread if I get the chance.

bigwalrus May 3, 2019 3:31 am

Called in to AA initially, as we fancied a few pancakes. Unfortunately, the choice was limited and no pancakes were to be found.

Moved over to Qantas instead, where the coffee was delicious and the buffet much more appealing. The overall atmosphere of the place is on another level to the AA lounge.

No chance to compare the CX lounge for breakfast unfortunately, but a thumbs up for QF regardless.

northeastflyer May 3, 2019 11:19 am

Hi. In terms of good runway views, in what order would people place the lounges? Thanks.

gliderpilot May 3, 2019 11:42 am

Originally Posted by northeastflyer (Post 31063798)
Hi. In terms of good runway views, in what order would people place the lounges? Thanks.

Cathay. No contest.

SWLonFlyer May 3, 2019 11:56 am

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn (Post 31018775)

I would say CX J Lounge for breakfast, you will have sausage, beans, scrambled eggs, bacon as hot items probably mushrooms too as well as the typical cold (smoothies, detox shots, yoghurts in the fridge). They have a manned bar with Moët I believe and a range of cocktails. I’d thoroughly recommend their Bloody Mary and.Expresso Martini.

Dont think QF Lounge will be open then and it’s been a while since I’ve been in BA J or AA J for breakfast.

Was there for brekkie a few weeks ago and was very impressed with the quality of food - leagues ahead of BA GC. Asian scrambled eggs with chilli a particular highlight ;)

corporate-wage-slave May 3, 2019 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by northeastflyer (Post 31063798)

Originally Posted by gliderpilot (Post 31063880)
Cathay. No contest.

Or the BA First Lounge dining room since that has a runway view.

SeattleDavid May 3, 2019 1:57 pm

I was in the Cathay lounge this morning – their breakfast menu is nothing like what it was, but the food is still excellent.

What I have never seen comments on here is the Cathay showers which have monsoonal rain heads. They are not as spacious as some other lounge showers (Qantas F lounge at LAX, for example), but they are well laid out and seriously wake you up! I now know that I'd rather shower at the Cathay lounge than at the hotel before I leave for the airport.

nldogbert May 4, 2019 11:29 am

Hi,

Just wanted to share my experience recently when I had a layover of about 6 hours at T3. This is with assumption of Emerald/First class cabin situation.

I arrived around 3 pm in LHR, my recommendation would be to in the following order if you want to lounge hop.

1- Qantas lounge - if you are in for the Gin&Tonics [other than that, I find this lounge to be substandard compared to their other lounges. I did not like their salt&pepper squid here and the lounge was packed after 5pm]. I had to wait for my turn to take a shower later in the evening - which I believe there is no wait in the other lounges.
2 - BA First section - it is not too busy and it is what it is on offer. I was mainly here for my spa appointment and stayed just a bit.
3. Cathay First section - this is the better lounge out of all 3 due to the relatively calm lounge even though they had a delayed flight on my day, I still found chairs and it was calm.
4. AA First - only if you have/want to visit all 4 OW lounges in T3.

Cheers!

andymcdonnell May 19, 2019 6:55 am

Just wondering if anyone has / could point me to a recent menu for CX F lounge T3?

Cheers

sxc May 19, 2019 7:33 am

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell (Post 31116471)
Just wondering if anyone has / could point me to a recent menu for CX F lounge T3?

Cheers

collection of F lounge menus in this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-menus-6.html

testycal Jun 11, 2019 3:59 am

T3 Heathrow One World lounge hopping

Am I breaching any rules if I invite my 14 year old daughter into Galleries...have lunch with her and leave her there while I invite my wife into Cathay lounge space permitting there and then returning to Galleries to meet up with my daughter there later?

windowontheAside Jun 11, 2019 4:10 am

Originally Posted by testycal (Post 31191124)
Am I breaching any rules if I invite my 14 year old daughter into Galleries...have lunch with her and leave her there while I invite my wife into Cathay lounge space permitting there and then returning to Galleries to meet up with my daughter there later?

Yes, assuming you have normal guesting privileges you are breaking the 'one guest' rule. It's not one guest per lounge, or even one guest at a time. It's just one passenger.

bhbloke Jun 11, 2019 4:40 am

Originally Posted by testycal (Post 31191124)

You also need to be careful leaving an unaccompanied minor in the lounges. Most likely breaching UK licensing rules.

dpfs Jun 11, 2019 5:27 am

Originally Posted by bhbloke (Post 31191194)
You also need to be careful leaving an unaccompanied minor in the lounges. Most likely breaching UK licensing rules.

As International Airports (airside, anyway) are exempt from most provisions of the Licensing Act 2003, I think that's unlikely. Whether it's a sensible thing to do or not is another matter!

A teenager alone in e.g. a pub is unlikely to break the pub's licence anyway. Some pubs have their own rules of course, and nearly always blame 'licensing laws' for simply not wanting kids in their pub.

Donsyb Jun 11, 2019 5:28 am

We have swapped guests before in the same lounge - my partner took his mum in to the BA 1st lounge for a glass of champagne then brought her out and went back in with his dad. He had no problems.

corporate-wage-slave Jun 11, 2019 5:58 am

Cathay aren't bothered about guesting family members - provided they are not too busy, so you should be able to invite both without issue. Ditto American incidentally. The plan as explained isn't one that I could endorse.

Alternatively buy lounge access in T3.

Jed Jun 11, 2019 7:09 am

Qantas will also allow children under 18, without them counting as your guest.

I wouldn’t recommend substituting guests in and out , as that is not the intention of the guesting system.

testycal Jun 11, 2019 7:55 am

I do not need to leave daughter in the lounge as I can remain with her and then have her wait in the common area while I guest my wife in ...is the swapping out guests inappropriate and an abuse? I personally have long layovers up to 9 hours - do I myself have in out privileges if I want to leave and return to a lounge?

Misco60 Jun 11, 2019 8:00 am

Originally Posted by testycal (Post 31191681)
I do not need to leave daughter in the lounge as I can remain with her and then have her wait in the common area while I guest my wife in ...is the swapping out guests inappropriate and an abuse?

It's not the worst crime in the world but, yes, I would say that swapping out guests is an abuse of the lounge system. It's intended for you and someone travelling with you to relax before a flight, not for your entire family to take turns to eat and drink at BA's expense. :)