Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire, Inc Amb
One World Lounges in T3

H folks,

Flying from T3 Heathrow this afternoon (I normally do all my flying from T5). As Silver / Sapphire and with a Priority Pass from my bank, which in your opinion is the best lounge to use?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Peter Ould
H folks,

Flying from T3 Heathrow this afternoon (I normally do all my flying from T5). As Silver / Sapphire and with a Priority Pass from my bank, which in your opinion is the best lounge to use?

Thanks in advance.
There are a number of threads on this topic. Have a search and I’m sure you will find the answer your require. Basically it will be a choice between the Cathay or Qantas lounges rather than BA or AA.

Terminal 3 lounge options
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:14 am

Thanks - I did a quick search but didn't bring anything up. That link is really useful!!

And in your own opinion, which lounge would you go for? Cathay Business seems the obvious choice as I'll be there over lunch.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Thanks - I did a quick search but didn't bring anything up. That link is really useful!!

And in your own opinion, which lounge would you go for? Cathay Business seems the obvious choice as I'll be there over lunch.
Simple. Do both

Food in CX is better as you have the noodle bar. The gin bar in the Qantas lounge is also popular (although I’ve not tried it!)
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by madfish

Simple. Do both

Food in CX is better as you have the noodle bar. The gin bar in the Qantas lounge is also popular (although I’ve not tried it!)
Noodle bar it is!!! Once Lent is over, I'll go back and try out the gins.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 2:20 am

Hi folks,

Just a quick report back to tell you that the CP lounge at lunchtime was absolutely magnificent!! Thank you for your recommendations. Cannot wait till I get my BA Gold shortly and can then try the CP First lounge.

I'm flying out of T3 in a few weeks time, this time getting into the terminal at breakfast time. Any recommendations as to which lounge I should use then?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 2:56 am

Hi folks,

Just a quick report back to tell you that the CP lounge at lunchtime was absolutely magnificent!! Thank you for your recommendations. Cannot wait till I get my BA Gold shortly and can then try the CP First lounge.

I'm flying out of T3 in a few weeks time, this time getting into the terminal at breakfast time. Any recommendations as to which lounge I should use then?
CX again. Full English breakfast until noon.
gliderpilot and Peter Ould like this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Hi folks,

glad you had a great time. I’d say CX again. English breakfast with dim sum side order :-) however the QF lounge does a mean barista coffee.

Have they got the green ant gin back yet?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:24 am

Programs: AA EXP.
How's the food at the new Qantas lounge?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Amil
How's the food at the new Qantas lounge?
The stuff they have out most of the time is just ok. There are proper food options for a few hours prior to each qantas flight so you need to time the visit right to get that.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:09 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
CX again. Full English breakfast until noon.
Hi, quick question - is this true of the CX Business Lounge or just First? Travelling through T3 around 6am this Saturday with MrsBertieB and 2 non-status friends. Only 1 GCH, 1 SCH so we're restricted the business lounges (we're staying as a group)
Thanks
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
First time in T3 in a couple of weeks flying AA to Miami on the 09:45 flight.
Would there be a preferred route to take around the lounge circuit before boarding.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by Knickam
First time in T3 in a couple of weeks flying AA to Miami on the 09:45 flight.
Would there be a preferred route to take around the lounge circuit before boarding.

start with Qantas and Cathay then before flying try out the ghetto AA lounge and head to your flight
Knickam likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Hi folks,

My preference is either BA or AA for eating breakfast in the First Lounges....... I think I'm in the minority. I've had breakfast in the CX FL and it's not really my cup of tea (both ambience and food). Sitting in the lounge area drinking champagne afterwards and watching the planes, it's CX, but for the eating, either avocado toast with poached egg at the AA FL, or some kind of breakfast sandwich at the BA FL (or smoked salmon and eggs).
Although, that's the First lounges - no clue about the regular lounges........
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
Hi, quick question - is this true of the CX Business Lounge or just First? Travelling through T3 around 6am this Saturday with MrsBertieB and 2 non-status friends. Only 1 GCH, 1 SCH so we're restricted the business lounges (we're staying as a group)
Thanks
Hot breakfast buffet in CX Business as I recall. Both Western items and I'm fairly certain some Asian breakfast items such as buns and congee.
BertieBadger likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.