LCY Expansion to go ahead

Old Mar 26, 15, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
The next stage would be either an appeal to the Secretary of State or the SoS could call the application in.

IN any case nothing will happen until after the General Election due to the purdah rules.
Old Mar 27, 15, 3:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear View Post
The next stage would be either an appeal to the Secretary of State or the SoS could call the application in.

IN any case nothing will happen until after the General Election due to the purdah rules.
Yep - ruddy handy timing from Boris.

Very annoyed at this.
Old Mar 27, 15, 4:25 am

Programs: BA GGL (98% to Lifetime Gold), SPG convert from IHG (and Marriott fan now!)
He's a sore loser...
Old Mar 30, 15, 1:13 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Standard quality journalism

Plans: file picture shows a plane landing at City airport in London
Really? I would like to know what type of 4 engine aircraft with a low wing and body gear lands at LCY? The picture is (probably) a 747.

Meanwhile the airport clearly needs expansion - it's standing room only in departures here this morning, although probably not helped by delays to several early flights of 1.5 to 2 hours.
Old Mar 30, 15, 3:03 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
Really? I would like to know what type of 4 engine aircraft with a low wing and body gear lands at LCY? The picture is (probably) a 747.

Meanwhile the airport clearly needs expansion - it's standing room only in departures here this morning, although probably not helped by delays to several early flights of 1.5 to 2 hours.
Yes, I was there at 0830 this morning and found both check in and departures very crowded. Fortunately as I was on the JFK flight I was quickly able to drop my bag at the desk for ba1 and retreat to gate 24 once through security. Security itself seemed ok and I was through in a few minutes.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: