Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2015 BA Champagne and Wine Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:03 pm

2008 GCC St Emilion in GF today, rather nice it was.
CCR had a pretty solid line up of wines also with a lovely 2004 Bordeaux.

Tobias-UK; great to see you buddy.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 6:15 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
CCR wine list for June 2015 - some changes from the May list I posted last week.

Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:16 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Yesterday GF had a beautiful Meursault from Bouchard.

and also

Personally preferred the former to the latter!
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Aparently people in WT+ will get Cava as a pre-flight drink from mid-July.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:16 am

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
'off-list' wine being served in CCR saturday

I noticed while in the CCR last Saturday that as well as the Joseph Phelps from the wine list, they were also serving a 'Cluver' Seven Flags Pinot Noir from South Africa - unfortunately while I did sample and quite enjoy I did not note the vintage for FT

http://www.cluver.com/index.php/seven-flags-pinot-noir
Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC
I had an excellent dessert wine in F last week (BOS-LHR on July 6th) but sadly failed to make a note of it. Does anyone happen to know which wine it will have been?
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Hmm...if no Krug or DP, can we please get that Bollinger Annee back? That was good.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:32 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by nologic
Hmm...if no Krug or DP, can we please get that Bollinger Annee back? That was good.
What's wrong with the LPGS?

As for DP, long may that remain absent from BA.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Decent selection of wines this afternoon in GF including

2004 Chateau Lynch-Moussas Pauillac
2004 Chateau Haut-Bergey and
2012 Chassagne-Montrachet "La Grande Montagne" 1er Cru
Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
My home airport has switched to T3 recently, along with a number of other routes, so I'm wondering if the T3 GF is now equal with its cousin in T5 regarding food and drink? I see very few reports.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by stimpy
My home airport has switched to T3 recently, along with a number of other routes, so I'm wondering if the T3 GF is now equal with its cousin in T5 regarding food and drink? I see very few reports.
The two GF were always quite similar, in fact, arguably, T3 GF is more pleasant especially when the dining room (more akin to the CCR one) is open especially as it is (or at least has been) far less crowded than the T5 big brother.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Food is the same, just bear in mind that hot buffet is not available 12 until late afternoon (17?) because the lounge is half deserted during that period. Though you can ask for anything and it's promptly delivered. Breakfast buffet is normal.

I find the wines a bit worse, better examples seem to appear less often but that's lottery at T5 too. Spirits and soft drinks are the same.

Space and ambience are far better than the T5 ZOO. Maybe a bit dark and no great view but I can survive that if I don't have to fight for seat, clean glass or shower.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by haasha
Food is the same, just bear in mind that hot buffet is not available 12 until late afternoon (17?) because the lounge is half deserted during that period.
Really? Have you been there since all the new continental routes were added? I think there must be a lot more people there in the afternoon since the switch. My next flight out of T3 is at 4pm and I would probably arrive a bit early get lunch there. But as long as I can place an order that's fine.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Really? Have you been there since all the new continental routes were added? I think there must be a lot more people there in the afternoon since the switch. My next flight out of T3 is at 4pm and I would probably arrive a bit early get lunch there. But as long as I can place an order that's fine.
Ooops, no. Last time just before.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I don't think it will be many. Ultimately, this is still a very small number of flights compared to T5, there are two other OW airlines with lounges in T3 unlike BA (see relevant threads for details), and GF is only gold and over. Even if it is a little bit busier than before, it should be nowhere near T5 GF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.