Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by Lawro
Malta is available for £237 which is an excellent option for those short on TPs. Nov/Dec 2019.

Funchal is also there at more or less the same price point. Catania at the £250 mark with best availability in Sep/Oct 2019.

Could do with Catania coming in at that in March / April.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 2:34 am

Programs: BA GGL
Catania is available for the October half term week. Just saying....
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:47 am

How often does the Avios points sale usually come up? Missed the recent one unfortunately as we were away. But we have the last of our Lloyds Upgrade vouchers to use and short of points.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by dyerc
How often does the Avios points sale usually come up? Missed the recent one unfortunately as we were away. But we have the last of our Lloyds Upgrade vouchers to use and short of points.
The last one I used was economy only which mitigates the benefit of your voucher. It was early June last year off the top of my head. Iberia had one for all classes this year (50%) but was limited and of course you cant use your voucher either.

Can you not boost your balance with a credit card sign up for yourself (or someone else in your household account if you have one)?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:06 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, Avios U.K. IHG diamond, Hilton Diamomd
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
The last one I used was economy only which mitigates the benefit of your voucher. It was early June last year off the top of my head. Iberia had one for all classes this year (50%) but was limited and of course you cant use your voucher either.

Can you not boost your balance with a credit card sign up for yourself (or someone else in your household account if you have one)?
move the points to BA and you could use the voucher? The Iberia account needs to have had earnt avois and been alive 3 months mind.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob

It's the sale on purchasing Avios I need. As you say, I don't think the flight sales work with the Lloyds Voucher :/

We've already milked the CC tricks and are still within the 6 month period before you can rinse and repeat. We get 3 vouchers a year and this year one of them ended up quite late, so it hasn't given me the normal opportunity to collect points in time. Normally it wouldn't matter as I could burn it on short haul, but since these will be the last ones I'm more eager to use them for long haul.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
It's the sale on purchasing Avios I need. As you say, I don't think the flight sales work with the Lloyds Voucher :/

We've already milked the CC tricks and are still within the 6 month period before you can rinse and repeat. We get 3 vouchers a year and this year one of them ended up quite late, so it hasn't given me the normal opportunity to collect points in time. Normally it wouldn't matter as I could burn it on short haul, but since these will be the last ones I'm more eager to use them for long haul.
Slightly off topic, but the six month period has now become 24 months and it applies across all AMEX cards. Drastic change!
Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:47 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker

Saw that Iberia has an Avios sale on NOW but travelling on my mobile and cant post a link sorry.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Iberia are selling avios at a discount which may be of value to you. It's not good value on its own, but for a top up to take you over a threshold it may be ok.

I had to be logged into my Iberia account to see it. The Iberia login process is flaky so it may take a few attempts and different browsers. Then just iberia plus\buying or transferring avios.

Starts at 3,000 avios for €54, going up to 300,000 avios for €3,601.

Usual Iberia rules about transferring them out to BAEC and if in a BAEC HHA need to go through avios/aerlingus.
sunshinebob likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by bigwalrus
Slightly off topic, but the six month period has now become 24 months and it applies across all AMEX cards. Drastic change!
Ok well thats a double whammy Bad enough I'm losing my Lloyds Duo Card (earn most of my points on Forex, so non of the alternatives are suitable). Now I wont be able to get the nice boost the Amex cards offer ontop of that.

Worst timing as our first hits 5 next year, so we'll have a long stint in school hols prison. And our second will hit 2 next year, so that's another seat to buy
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by rjn21
Iberia are selling avios at a discount which may be of value to you. It's not good value on its own, but for a top up to take you over a threshold it may be ok.

I had to be logged into my Iberia account to see it. The Iberia login process is flaky so it may take a few attempts and different browsers. Then just iberia plus\buying or transferring avios.

Starts at 3,000 avios for €54, going up to 300,000 avios for €3,601.

Usual Iberia rules about transferring them out to BAEC and if in a BAEC HHA need to go through avios/aerlingus.
Good spot.

Just to add: offer is until April 24th.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:55 am
Suspended

any new about BA promotion for domestic flights with kids?<br /><br />last year on 16 April they started it and 2 kids could travel for free (under 12 years) old

Last edited by headforflights; Apr 16, 2019 at 5:18 am
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:32 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Ok well thats a double whammy Bad enough I'm losing my Lloyds Duo Card (earn most of my points on Forex, so non of the alternatives are suitable). Now I wont be able to get the nice boost the Amex cards offer ontop of that.

Worst timing as our first hits 5 next year, so we'll have a long stint in school hols prison. And our second will hit 2 next year, so that's another seat to buy
Wait until your eldest hits 12 😭
Lefly likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:13 pm

Looking for London - Buenos Aires / Rio - London in WT+ for Easter 2020... Was hoping for an Easter 2019 sale, are we expecting something imminently? Avios upgrade seats are almost gone now...
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
There's no guarantee of an Easter sale, unlike September & Christmas/New Year. I have noticed an easing of prices in Y in the last 48 hours but nothing official has been announced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.