Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:37 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Great find with JNB in Jan but also excellent at £1250.

Anyone found any other fantastic deals like this one on other routes ?

Hitting JNB in September/October already thanks to those 90k Iberia Avios.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
The sale is now officially on until end January?

Well I managed to get a JMK return in July for like 280 GBP without using my Avios which ended the total at 196 GBP, much better than what I spent last year; like 380 GBP!
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
is it actually on now?

there is no banner on the website, and looking for flights from YYZ to LHR in March in PE, there has been no change in price. (may be excluded from the sale)?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by Mikey Mike Mike
is it actually on now?

there is no banner on the website, and looking for flights from YYZ to LHR in March in PE, there has been no change in price. (may be excluded from the sale)?
When I go onto ba.com, it's all red and says "Sale on now"...
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:07 am

is it actually on now?

Yeah there was no change in price whatsoever for LHR - JFK flights in May. Its a joke of a sale as i have been watching flights since Sept.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
is it actually on now?

Just a gentle reminder that not every date, route or cabin is included in every sale.

And not every sale covers every point of sale so its possible LHR-YYZ-LHR is included but not YYZ-LHR-YYZ
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
I thought that may be the case ie it sees me as a resident of canada. I'll reverse the trip and check - thanks
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Just general commentary on the sale that just ended (wasn't sure where else to post this): I was monitoring Y sale fares to NYC from LON in May. During the middle of the sale the rtn fare I was looking at was £296. In the final days it rose to £336. Sale ended. Now it's being offered at £274. Sale - what sale?!
FlyingHighlander likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
I bought an NYC rtn on last day of sale ; out J back F
Post sale up £300 each way; though I note the J rtn fare was unchanged at £658

Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
BRU-AUH was 392 eur rt. during the sale, then 545 right after the sale ended.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Just general commentary on the sale that just ended (wasn't sure where else to post this): I was monitoring Y sale fares to NYC from LON in May. During the middle of the sale the rtn fare I was looking at was £296. In the final days it rose to £336. Sale ended. Now it's being offered at £274. Sale - what sale?!
Indeed. Ex-US "sales" are often like this (although this kind of thing isn't limited to ex-US, as you have found out!) When is a sale not a sale? When it's a BA sale!

rb211.

Last edited by RB211; Feb 3, 2019 at 4:48 pm Reason: Made it look like I read the post I was responding to! ;-)
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
I was monitoring Y sale fares to NYC from LON in May. During the middle of the sale the rtn fare I was looking at was £296. In the final days it rose to £336. Sale ended. Now it's being offered at £274. Sale - what sale?!
Were those figures the lowest theoretical fares to NYC on those dates, or just the lowest available fares on the specific flights/dates you needed? The sale applies to lowest theoretical fares, because availability can always scupper your getting the lowest sale fare on a particular flight or date; and sale extensions are a very frequent occurrence. So none of this is unusual or unexpected.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Luxury Sale - Ends 19th March

Theres a Luxury BA Sale just been launched and showing on the ba.com homepage. For First, CW, CE and BA Holidays.

I've not had the chance to go through the destinations due to work commitments and what's the best offers etc on but no doubt someone may have a bit more time than me. I'm not sure if it's just a UK sale.

Terms and conditions

Flights and holidays on sale - Offer starts at 12:00 GMT 7 March 2019 and ends 23:59 GMT 19 March 2019. Flights on sale include return flights to selected destinations in First, Club World, and Club Europe from London Heathrow, London Gatwick and London City airports for selected travel periods. Limited promotional seats available. Holidays on sale includes return flights and accommodation and/or car hire – the “Holiday Package” - to selected destinations in First, business (Club World) or business (Club Europe), for selected travel periods.

Last edited by PETER01; Mar 7, 2019 at 10:58 am
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by PETER01
Theres a Luxury BA Sale just been launched and showing on the ba.com homepage. For First, CW, CE and BA Holidays.

I've not had the chance to go through the destinations due to work commitments and what's the best offers etc on but no doubt someone may have a bit more time than me. I'm not sure if it's just a UK sale.

Terms and conditions

Flights and holidays on sale - Offer starts at 12:00 GMT 7 March 2019 and ends 23:59 GMT 19 March 2019. Flights on sale include return flights to selected destinations in First, Club World, and Club Europe from London Heathrow, London Gatwick and London City airports for selected travel periods. Limited promotional seats available. Holidays on sale includes return flights and accommodation and/or car hire – the “Holiday Package” - to selected destinations in First, business (Club World) or business (Club Europe), for selected travel periods.
Some stand out from the BA App...

NY = £1309 in J. £2139 in F.

Mumbai = £1,859 in J

Shanghai = £1,881 in J

Joburg = £1,986 in J

Bueno Aires = £1,850 in J

Mexico City = £1,888 in First

Luxembourg = £158

Amsterdam = £176

Malaga = £188

Inverness = £171

All based on 7 day returns.

Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Some of the long haul deals with a car or hotel workout only a £100+ or so more.

e.g NY + 4 nights in a hotel is £1,399 in J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.