Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
... And from the provinces

Just tried a business-class sale booking from Manchester to Helsinki.

Pleased I checked on Google.
Lufthansa is £285, that's £90 cheaper than the BA sale fare and a few hundred quid cheaper than the BA weekday return. Offering more flights and faster connections through two hubs, and no nonsense about minimum stays or Saturday nights.

It's Lufthana's regular Business Saver fare. No TPs and not a King's ransom in M&M miles, but I'd say it's pretty good value.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
MAN-LHR-HEL should only be £345 but I get your point - the weekend stay is a hindrance for some people.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm not finding anything real exciting on the sale this time ...........
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by London_traveller
Some other airlines are launching sales. Related to your query, I'm also looking at flying to Lima. Flight back is from Mexico. I can see fares for £1.7k in business with Aeromexico for my flights, compared to £2.3k for BA (or £2.8k pre-sale). Therefore if you're not wedded to BA/OW then take a look as the savings are pretty good. There fares weren't showing before the BA sale so I assume other airlines, not just AM, may follow suit with sale prices? I'm sure there are more knowledgeable people on this forum who've seen this before..
Yeah AF / KL / DL are price matching from DUB to USA for next July in business. West coast from 1450, east coast 1350
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
As someone has said above, do check the BA "sale" fares against Google flights pricing. I've been looking at J to Syd., and Google produces more imaginative pricing, as long as one is flexible with starting cities. Oslo looking good for me at present.
anniegray likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK

Lufthansa is £285, that's £90 cheaper than the BA sale fare and a few hundred quid cheaper than the BA weekday return. Offering more flights and faster connections through two hubs, and no nonsense about minimum stays or Saturday nights.

It's Lufthana's regular Business Saver fare. No TPs and not a King's ransom in M&M miles, but I'd say it's pretty good value.
Sorry, I'm confused... Are you saying there's some other reason to visit HEL, that isn't anything to do with Tier Points? Hope the mods don't see this, I'm sure you must be breaking the rules of BA FT...
Old Aug 31, 2018, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Foltan
MAN-LHR-HEL should only be £345 but I get your point - the weekend stay is a hindrance for some people.
Yes, sorry: you are quite right. Lufthansa's only £60 cheaper. And the difference can come down by another £20 if you get the BA ticket through an OTA.

But I can't stay over the weekend so the BA fare was something over £500

Originally Posted by Deltus
Sorry, I'm confused... Are you saying there's some other reason to visit HEL, that isn't anything to do with Tier Points? Hope the mods don't see this, I'm sure you must be breaking the rules of BA FT...
I know, I know. I'll correct that reckless behaviour by trying for a weekend trip when it gets warmer, but before the BREXIT shutters come down
Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Also MH have sale fares at the moment. SYD in J for £2335 from London if 2 pax flying. I really enjoyed the MH J product which we flew earlier this year
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by IAN-UK

Yes, LH are currently pricing intra-European C very aggressively (not just from the UK). Unlike BA, it is also a lot more flexible as it is combinable as half returns on almost everything including open jaws and double open jaws under the right circumstances. For BA, everything other than a straight return often goes up quite a lot (with some exceptions).
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
I'm happy for those able to find/book sale fares. Admittedly it's a bit frustrating whilst us ex-US comrades are left out in the cold. When is their ex-US sale?
In the past few years I've been able to grab CW from BOS to LHR and EDI as an example for around $2k (~1500 pounds) which is around my cut off point for buying J class. This current sale doesn't help me. Come on BA show us some love.
sometalkofme likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Sadly, BMWMOT, you will always be a secondary consideration as long as BA can get sufficient profitable bums on seats ex-UK.

In a spirit of comradeship, blame George Washington and George III in equal measure!
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
well said. Then please by all means stop buying tickets so they'll throw some our way.
T8191 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:17 pm

Are domestic flights i.e. MAN-LHR-MAN not included in any sale ?

i normally commute via train as I get free rail travel , but I'm attending a show at the Albert hall next may and thinking to get a quick 80 TPs and it is coming in at around £90 with some points, otherwise your looking at £235, bit heavy that 🤔
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
BMWMOT
SWMBO's sister just found that AA was more competitive than BA on the same flight - BA190/BA191. (Aus- LHR return) She had to use the AA numbers........and call AA.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by BMWMOT
well said. Then please by all means stop buying tickets so they'll throw some our way.
Sorry, just bought flights for two more holidays yesterday! And, unusually, I have nothing with AA in my forward booking either. Sorry again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.