Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:10 am

Trailfinders have a splash ad on their page “The world on sale” which sounds very like the BA spiel. But when you click into it it says page not found. Likely there’s a sale being loaded?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Trailfinders have a splash ad on their page “The world on sale” which sounds very like the BA spiel. But when you click into it it says page not found. Likely there’s a sale being loaded?
Currently I’m getting emails from all the operators etc. I’m subscribed to ... they’re all trying to shift unsold inventory, with limited time-windows etc.

I wouldn’t get excited about BA just yet!
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Go look at Sky Team if you need a business sale and it is more important than Tier Points - Ł1000-1100 LHR-IAD or LHR-ORD mainly one stops and tonnes of availability starting next week for six months !
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Still Ł2800 in I fare bucket to MCO and back in early February. We need a sale to get it back to Ł1800!
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Hint of a sale?

Received on a travel agent email today...

"Right now at Kenwood Travel save up to a sizzling 70% on luxury escapes from Maldives to Malaysia. Our hotel-and-flight package prices are down to just Ł489, plus grab exclusive free add-ons including room upgrades, kids’ places and board upgrades. And with the British Airways and Virgin Holidays sales also landing today, you can save even more with our preferred partner fares. But be quick – these sensational travel deals must end 30th September."
ethan23 likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Go look at Sky Team if you need a business sale and it is more important than Tier Points - Ł1000-1100 LHR-IAD or LHR-ORD mainly one stops and tonnes of availability starting next week for six months !

I fly to Chicago (ORD) regularly from Scotland (but would happily get to/from London on a separate ticket), but cannot find these Ł1100 fares you mention?
Did you have a specific set of dates you used?
Looking for late Jan 2019.

Cheers
Old Aug 25, 2018, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just looked at the BA Holiday Finder for April ... showing blanks for everywhere except Middle East, Asia and Indian Ocean.

I assume that implies Rest of World is being loaded? I need a Caribbean for April!
Old Aug 25, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FT01
I fly to Chicago (ORD) regularly from Scotland (but would happily get to/from London on a separate ticket), but cannot find these Ł1100 fares you mention?
Did you have a specific set of dates you used?
Looking for late Jan 2019.

Cheers
There's a current sale with Delta, hence the fares.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Mystic Mog predicts the sale will start tomorrow (BH Monday). tbh it's anyone's guess surely...and let's face it when they are launched it's rich pickings
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Mystic Mog predicts the sale will start tomorrow (BH Monday). tbh it's anyone's guess surely...and let's face it when they are launched it's rich pickings
I have a joker and a GUF1 to burn and have been waiting for this .The Ultimate British Airways Sale Fare Archive | Continental Club Blog

A few days in Mexico City is plan A - just under Ł800 on low fare finder in the past week or two...
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle

I have a joker and a GUF1 to burn and have been waiting for this .The Ultimate British Airways Sale Fare Archive Continental Club Blog

A few days in Mexico City is plan A - just under Ł800 on low fare finder in the past week or two...
if you plan to use a joker and a GUF1, isn’t that all Avios, why do you need a sale? Is it just that BA would open more A/D availability? Am wondering what trick I’m missing...
Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Oaxaca

if you plan to use a joker and a GUF1, isn’t that all Avios, why do you need a sale? Is it just that BA would open more A/D availability? Am wondering what trick I’m missing...
Cash WTP booking, GUF to CW - I need the TPs! (Joker if I need to force upgrade availability)
Oaxaca likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BA Holiday Finder has now loaded the Caribbean.

First look showing a vast range of options, although they don't seem particularly 'cheap' when i look at some familiar places.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
hi mikefly, do you have a link for that sale or is it gone? I just realised you posted this last week but perhaps it's still live? Can't find those fares on google. Looking for a Europe to US trip for Sept/Oct this year.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by dutchgirlDH
hi mikefly, do you have a link for that sale or is it gone? I just realised you posted this last week but perhaps it's still live? Can't find those fares on google. Looking for a Europe to US trip for Sept/Oct this year.
take a look at the premium fare deals thread - just seen a post there about a LON-US flash sale (has more details on dates etc)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.