When is the next BA sale?

Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich

A CW 2 for 2018 sale would be good.
I managed to catch the “2 for 2018” Chinese New Year Sale and with part pay with Avios, got two CW seats from LHR-PEK for @Ł795 each. Amusingly, this was a rerun of the sale that the has been running since 2016 and they just added Ł2.00 to the price, but as BA IT is the worst in the country, they cocked that up and got the decimal point in the wrong place so this year it was “2 for Ł2016.20.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by allturnleft
What do you think this lack of sale reflects;

1. Forward bookings very healthy this year

or

2. Stopping recurrent sales to stop passengers relying on waiting for inevitable cheap fares

From a source and also seen disparities between BA and Virgin pricing
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
Originally Posted by KARFA
That's a South Africa sale on Comair?
You're probably right, as the post has now disappeared... But it was a BA-advertised and BA-pointing link... Who knows!
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by George Kyriakos
You're probably right, as the post has now disappeared... But it was a BA-advertised and BA-pointing link... Who knows!
The Facebook add is for a South African sale on BA operated by Comair and mainline to LHR, the red "Sale" image shows that in the bottom right corner. It isn't obvious and clearly they aren't using Facebook's location targeting data.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by George Kyriakos
That's a South Africa sale on Comair?
Why the surprise? It is no less a BA sale:-
Sale now on
Terms and Conditions
  1. Fares available on British Airways operated by Comair within southern Africa.
  2. Fares must be booked by 23:59 on 4 July 2018.
  3. Travel period for fares in economy (Traveller) is 10 July 2018 - 28 February 2019.
  4. All taxes are included.
  5. Fares only valid on specific flights and are subject to availability.
  6. Flight tickets are limited and subject to O class availability at the time of booking.
  7. Offer excludes group bookings, special events, long weekends, school holidays and peak periods.
  8. Bookings are not guaranteed until full payment is received.
  9. Flight prices displayed in this promotion may fluctuate due to the Rand/Dollar exchange rate at the time of booking.
  10. If you choose to book via our contact centre or Travel agent please note that additional fees and surcharges may apply.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:04 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
It's extremely short. Finishes tomorrow.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
It's extremely short. Finishes tomorrow.
Much like the last one, then: BA [Comair only] 24 Hour sale - 17 April 2018
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Why the surprise? It is no less a BA sale:-
I wasn't sure whether this was meant for me? Just to clarify, no surprise on my part or criticism of the OP for posting. This board deals with franchise flights (Comair and SunAir) as well as BA mainline and BACF so a Comair sale is entirely relevant. It was just an attempt to clarify what the sale related to so those interested could click and those who weren't could ignore.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wasn't sure whether this was meant for me? Just to clarify, no surprise on my part or criticism of the OP for posting.
Nor from me. But when the OP then said "But it was a BA-advertised and BA-pointing link... Who knows!", it seemed to suggest that a Comair sale possibly shouldn't have been BA-advertised and the link shouldn't have been BA-pointing. But a Comair sale is no less a BA sale, even if only for a small geographical area.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: BAEC - Lowly blue
Originally Posted by Jacques Ferreira

from LGW?

Yep! Pretty amazing you can fly on BA for Ł23 these days...!
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Deltus
Yep, definitely waiting until the inevitable England victory, so that they can feed off the "Best sale since 1966" marketing frenzy...
Could be waiting even longer now unless England get beaten by Sweden on Saturday (unlikely, but a draw is possible I suppose).
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:17 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Could be waiting even longer now unless England get beaten by Sweden on Saturday (unlikely, but a draw is possible I suppose).
It's a knock out match so a draw is not possible. I think a lot of posters are kidding themselves holding out for a sale because it happened in the past. Who knows though? I certainly don't. Anything could happen at anytime. Then again, it might not. I have always found this thread interesting to monitor but largely meaningless.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:53 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Right? I can't work out how this makes any sense.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Sweden until recently was one of Englands bugbears, like Germany and Argentina. Beaten them recently but pre 2010 had not in 40 years.

Always amazes me how overconfident the England fans get when they scrape a win...

But back on topic, sales seem to be disappearing. Even the pretence of a sale isn't happening anymore (lets face it they have not been great recently) but sounds like BA doesn't match VS much recently and even the incredibly predictable Virgin trains sales of recent times (one month before christmas, easter and summer holidays, something like 4 years in a row) hasn't happened for first time. I think we're looking at 2008 economics sadly.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
I think a lot of posters are kidding themselves holding out for a sale because it happened in the past.
I don't really feel like I'm kidding myself. Either it happens, in which case I'll have saved some money, or it wont, in which case I'll buy the flights anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.