Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:29 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Chris_G
Sorry Fly by Wire, for the uneducated....could you explain exactly where you saw this fare...??

Did you use the BA website multi-city option or book each sector individually...?? or something else...??

Chris
ITA Matrix
Origin INV
Destination SEA
Routing code LHR JFK LAX
Selext dates (e.g. 23NOV-26NOV)
First Class

and that should bring through a few options around that price. I'll try and screen shot something when I'm in work later.

Then it's ring up BA to book, or try an OTA (I've found AMEX can often work the slightly more complex itineraries).

Good luck!!
Old Oct 7, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: BA GGL
Wondering if we're likely to see a sale for the Christmas period as per recent years. Any idea when that typically surfaces? If it's likely to happen this year...
Thanks
Old Oct 7, 2017, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I checked the other day on the Continental website that tracks past sales. Last year Xmas deals were on end of Nov
Old Oct 7, 2017, 12:01 pm

They normally have a triple avios offer around this time of year...
Old Oct 22, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by SvenAge
They normally have a triple avios offer around this time of year...
Double Avios promo only this year... not a surprise, I s'pose.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Wondering if we're likely to see a sale for the Christmas period as per recent years. Any idea when that typically surfaces? If it's likely to happen this year...
Thanks

Last year they had a BA Holidays sale covering the christmas / new year period that started at the end of October.

I'm hoping for something similar in the next week or so otherwise I'll be making a trip to Inverness!
Dicksbits likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
A rhetorical question I guess.. hoping to book a world traveller plus BA holiday for January to Singapore... how likely will BA have a sale before Xmas. .
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:03 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
A rhetorical question I guess.. hoping to book a world traveller plus BA holiday for January to Singapore... how likely will BA have a sale before Xmas. .
Hang on, let me put it into my BA sale predictor algorithm...

Ok. BA holiday to Singapore in January traveling in WTP comes out at 27.6%.
Gomac and Dicksbits like this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:14 pm

A rhetorical question I guess.. hoping to book a world traveller plus BA holiday for January to Singafpore... how likely will BA have a sale before Xmas. .
Very likely I would say. Check http://blog.continentalclub.co.uk/of...-fare-archive/ for previous sales
Dicksbits likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:36 pm

deleted

Last edited by SvenAge; Oct 25, 2017 at 5:47 pm Reason: deleted
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg
Very likely I would say. Check http://blog.continentalclub.co.uk/of...-fare-archive/ for previous sales
Thanks! Hopefully in the next few weeks. Always a gamble to see what's included in the sale. I want a Singapore WTP short holiday in January. Would like to book now but don't want to as may get a Ł100 or so off in any sale!
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Thanks! Hopefully in the next few weeks. Always a gamble to see what's included in the sale. I want a Singapore WTP short holiday in January. Would like to book now but don't want to as may get a Ł100 or so off in any sale!
If you assume that the T fare bucket ("selling class") is going to be required for any cheap WT+ fare, you could use ExpertFlyer[1] to set an alert for it falling to something problematic for you, and modify your buying behaviour appropriately.

[1] Other GDS monitoring services are available. Void where prohibited. Use of ExpertFlyer has been reported to cause the following side-effects: jetlag, full passports, familiarity with airport staff and procedures, broadening of the mind, loosening of the bowels, increased frequent flyer status, decreasted time spent at one's usual residence, participation in online travel discussion fora, positioning of distinctive coffee mug behind bars of first class airline lounges.
Cymro, KARFA, Calchas and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by flatlander
If you assume that the T fare bucket ("selling class") is going to be required for any cheap WT+ fare, you could use ExpertFlyer[1] to set an alert for it falling to something problematic for you, and modify your buying behaviour appropriately.

[1] Other GDS monitoring services are available. Void where prohibited. Use of ExpertFlyer has been reported to cause the following side-effects: jetlag, full passports, familiarity with airport staff and procedures, broadening of the mind, loosening of the bowels, increased frequent flyer status, decreasted time spent at one's usual residence, participation in online travel discussion fora, positioning of distinctive coffee mug behind bars of first class airline lounges.
Wow that's amazing thank you so much! LOL
Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:10 pm

I'm planning a trip from SFO to LHR on August 2018, and I know it's far away, but because there's a number of us on this trip, I don't want to risk booking too late.

We were originally planning on flying J, but if there's going to be a sale coming up in the next few months, I'd like to hold off. Does anyone have any educated guess, based on previous years' sales, on when there may be a J/F sale?
Old Nov 11, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by ameskay
I'm planning a trip from SFO to LHR on August 2018, and I know it's far away, but because there's a number of us on this trip, I don't want to risk booking too late.

We were originally planning on flying J, but if there's going to be a sale coming up in the next few months, I'd like to hold off. Does anyone have any educated guess, based on previous years' sales, on when there may be a J/F sale?
For August, you may do very well with an ex-EU trip. January sale may do well for August, but anything in between.

Also, if your large group fancies an expedition to Cairo just before...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.