Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Yes- I don't think I was clear before: I have flown the AA 77W many times, just not the newly refurbished AA 772 (with no F) yet.
BA CW can definitely be a bit dependent on being able to get the seats that you want.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by MNManInKen
It's a bit like with the AA 77W new J cabin: the hard product may be good, but I find pretty much all the rest of the experience with the others disappointing.
So for example, do you actually find AZ long haul J food less good than BA's? While I fully realise that tastes vary, I must say that you would definitely be the first person I hear thinking that.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by crazy8534
Yes- I don't think I was clear before: I have flown the AA 77W many times, just not the newly refurbished AA 772 (with no F) yet.
BA CW can definitely be a bit dependent on being able to get the seats that you want.
I recently did the AA 772 (see here for pics about half way down that page: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...bcn-lgw-2.html ) and I was pleasantly surprised.

I also really like the AA 77W and I was fearing that the 772 with back and forward would be cramped but it was very well done and I prefer the seat over BA.

I also actually have come to prefer their food and service over BA's CW - I find the food more plentiful and sometimes a bit better and generally service is a bit more 'American' (in this case, bigger glasses, more refills (I don't drink so I am talking soft drinks etc)).

I have even also like to come to like the ex US 330 cabins (pics to follow in that same report) so I am just holding my next HNL trip with AA 77W and 330 TATL (though rather chuffed I also booked another BA 380 F trip today)).
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by chris1979
I recently did the AA 772 (see here for pics about half way down that page: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...bcn-lgw-2.html ) and I was pleasantly surprised.

I also really like the AA 77W and I was fearing that the 772 with back and forward would be cramped but it was very well done and I prefer the seat over BA.

I also actually have come to prefer their food and service over BA's CW - I find the food more plentiful and sometimes a bit better and generally service is a bit more 'American' (in this case, bigger glasses, more refills (I don't drink so I am talking soft drinks etc)).
Wow, I'm sorry I missed that live TR: the photos look excellent and the refurbished 772 looks very nice. I admit I have had no real problems with AA and their supposedly surlier crews (although 'surliness' is a quality that mostly washes over me!)- just some very experienced FAs who did their jobs well. Also, cans of 'Big Tom' can make-up for a multitude of sins!
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by crazy8534
Wow, I'm sorry I missed that live TR: the photos look excellent and the refurbished 772 looks very nice. I admit I have had no real problems with AA and their supposedly surlier crews (although 'surliness' is a quality that mostly washes over me!)- just some very experienced FAs who did their jobs well. Also, cans of 'Big Tom' can make-up for a multitude of sins!
TR was live ish at the beginning but fell behind a bit - am going to finish it this week.

next section coming up is on AA 330 with pics of seats etc.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 4:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold
Odds on a March Sale?

So what do we think guys? The current "luxury Easter escapes" (if you consider it a sale) aside, based on form in past years, are odds on for a March BA sale?
Old Feb 20, 2016, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Bazz16202
So what do we think guys? The current "luxury Easter escapes" (if you consider it a sale) aside, based on form in past years, are odds on for a March BA sale?
As the Easter Offer is clearly just an attempt to fill unsold seats with late-bookers, I find it not hugely helpful. I suspect the 'general public' will have made their Easter arrangements by now!

A March sale is not showing in my historic record of booking dates, but then that might be because it was Route/Class specific that took it out of my interest area. I seem to have booked a few in April, though ... perhaps I was slow responding?
Old Feb 20, 2016, 5:10 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
There has been a WT sale in March the last couple of years (not sure about premium classes).
Old Feb 20, 2016, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
As the Easter Offer is clearly just an attempt to fill unsold seats with late-bookers, I find it not hugely helpful. I suspect the 'general public' will have made their Easter arrangements by now!
though not as good as the 2014 X-mas sale, sort of in the same spirit of last minute seat sale
Old Feb 20, 2016, 5:41 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
What about a Club Europe sale?

Should we expect to see some last minute cheap fares in CE around easter - as part of an advertised sale or otherwise?
Old Feb 20, 2016, 6:56 pm

I hope so, I would like to book a CE trip for around then so a sale would be good.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 9:18 pm

Reposting in here to avoid The Wrath of Karfa:

It seems that anything that is remotely an 'event' these days is coupled with some form of sale - Easter, Christmas, Black Friday, Bank Holiday etc .etc.

Given we have a leap year coming up in a few days, is there any expectation and/or precedent that BA / others will commemorate with some form of promotion?

I have a couple of bookings that I need to make, but not currently happy with the price, and trying to size up any potential future sales.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by DANNYB111
Reposting in here to avoid The Wrath of Karfa:

It seems that anything that is remotely an 'event' these days is coupled with some form of sale - Easter, Christmas, Black Friday, Bank Holiday etc .etc.

Given we have a leap year coming up in a few days, is there any expectation and/or precedent that BA / others will commemorate with some form of promotion?

I have a couple of bookings that I need to make, but not currently happy with the price, and trying to size up any potential future sales.
as said in your separate thread, I think it's quite far stretching to compare a leap year to an event / season like Easter, Christmas, a Bank Holiday or even Black Friday so I'd say it's highly unlikely that there will be an 'event-centred' sale on 29th February.

Others, like Continental, will be able to tell you when historically the next sale came along after the January sale but I guess that one only finished 3 weeks ago.

there'll definitely be one pre-summer (May time), post summer (August time) and probably also around / before Easter.

Last edited by chris1979; Feb 23, 2016 at 12:27 am
Old Mar 3, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Now!

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...irstandBusines
Old Mar 3, 2016, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Good to see European flights are Club World now.
Can fly F to LAX in Feb 2017 for from only Ł7665 as well.......must be Valentines and Oscar related?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.