Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:27 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
OK so I definitely needs some sort of alarm, 2 in a row missed. I missed this one due to being too busy at work this morning. I will take Thursday in 2 weeks off and stay on FT.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:27 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
(Incidentally, unlike the ex-Norway, I saw today's one in time but just couldn't justify it right now given I'm trying to buy a flat! That said if it were available on CX I might have taken the bait. )
That's my situation at the moment...just about to move into a new flat. I really can't justify spending 1,800 EUR on flights to SYD, although it was extremely tempting! Perhaps BA makes these mistakes for a reason. (Please make the next one from VIE!)
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by Gabrca
It's not that outrageous of a low fare...

Really it is around the same price as a QR J-Sale they same to have every month from OSL, ARN & CPH.
Indeed, and as someone posted above this is actually a genuine fare but they just mixed up the J and F prices (rather than missing a zero for example). In other words you're getting F for the price of cheap J, which is great but not outrageous.

The ex-Norway fares were basically J for the price of cheap Y, which I'd consider a lot more exceptional.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
It's not that outrageous of a low fare. On my dates that I'm booked to fly, BA economy FRA-KUL is only £350. The fare I booked this morning is over double that. Is it still cheap? Yes. But I'm still willing to bet if I told most people I know "Hey we could fly to Malaysia for £350 in coach, or £800 in first class", most of them would still go with coach.
Well, the difference between £800 and £350 is a lot for most people.
Not everyone can throw £4k down on their credit card on a whim like a lot of people here or book something like 20 ex-OSl flights
Also, no-one outside this board or people they may have told, will know a thing about a £800 F fare so are never going to be aware of it to book it in the first place.
I've got things booked for Oct, Nov, Jan and Feb so far so need to watch what I'm spending for the next few months.

I dawdled on both fares this morning and missed out on them. Too much looking at flight options and trying to maximise timings as well as pondering whether I sure blow £785-£1400 that would cover a lot of hotels etc (probably would have had it lasted a few more minutes - did fancy a weekend in Sydney).
Sure something else will come along though....HNL at Xmas would be nice.

Did book OSL-JFK in Y a few weeks or months ago for £250ish and at the time, that was a great deal for me - not so much compared to last week's J fare!
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by paulieuk
My e-ticket gives the ticketing office as Munich.
That's just BA's standard practice of ticketing from the point of departure, but pretty much any ticket office worldwide would have been able to do it for you.

The actual fares are filed by revenue management which, I presume, is based in the UK. Happy to be corrected if anyone knows otherwise.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by xenole
Well, the difference between £800 and £350 is a lot for most people.
Not everyone can throw £4k down on their credit card on a whim
Quite. Although I've booked something today, I certainly would not have done so without the 24 hour cooling off. I need to discuss with my wife later and have a serious think as to whether we can justify it - no matter what a great deal it. She's American so we'll need to factor in seeing her family next year. I booked an ex-OSL to SFO but we'd planned on having that time just for the two of us, so another trip without her family (and actually pretty expensive one - two weeks in Australia!) may well be something we can't justify in terms of time and money.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:39 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Now the big question is, who's leaving soonest?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
Bugger! In the time I read this thread in the morning, I did the grocery shopping and come back to see its been pulled already. I was only away for two hours. Oh well.

H
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I'd be more worried about not getting a cig on that tight connection T8191
What booking engine are you using? I had a look on AA.com and it looks different. I am trying to book a flight from DUB to HNL and wondered what the best simple booking engine is online to select via JFK and then to LAX to take advantage of the better aircraft...
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by T8191
Back to the ex-DUB ones, I'm a bit nervous about MCT at LAX on the return. AA is offering me 1h19m for arriving Domestic from HNL (T4) and departing International (TBIT). I know the terminals are adjacent, but it seems a bit tight to me [especially with Security to be navigated].

Any comments?

Are you sure that there is any terminal change or security involved with that connection? I did the equivalent in July and I don't recall anything other than just walking a few yards to the next gate. Using today as an example, the HNL-LAX flight is due to arrive at Gate 47 and the LAX-LHR is due to depart from Gate 43.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:46 am

Programs: Meow Mix
Now the big question is, who's leaving soonest?
I think we need another thread for the KUL and another for the SYD travellers. ^

/AE
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:46 am

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
Originally Posted by headingwest
That's my situation at the moment...just about to move into a new flat. I really can't justify spending 1,800 EUR on flights to SYD, although it was extremely tempting! Perhaps BA makes these mistakes for a reason. (Please make the next one from VIE!)
As much as I want to book another trip to HNL, i am struggling to justify it to myself, which is strange as i normally jump at these fares...

Got a few weeks to decide and then will see..
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:49 am

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Originally Posted by CrazyJ82
How are these fares loaded? By which I mean, they go by route and once they updated a fare they're done?

The route I've been eyeing, DUB-PHL-MDT on AA, has just come down in price by all of £100, to £1139. Factoring in the positioning flights and hotel, this is just barely at the level when I can convince my other half that this is an acceptably minimal premium over WTP from LHR, currently showing £1241. (Suitable Avios availability for positioning will change things significantly.) If they've already cut the fare once, is there any chance they'll do it more in the next couple days?

ETA: This is for travel the weekend before Christmas so I'm not expecting a miracle, and as someone noted in response to my earlier neurotic post on this thread, I also recognize that these are still quite good J fares in the grand scheme of things.
Bumping this query that got lost in the pages and pages of chatter about more exotic travel planning in case some kind soul has any insight. Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:53 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
Noooooooooo how could I miss this again??!
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IrishStephen
What booking engine are you using? I had a look on AA.com and it looks different. I am trying to book a flight from DUB to HNL and wondered what the best simple booking engine is online to select via JFK and then to LAX to take advantage of the better aircraft...
AA.com and select as many results and airline options as you can.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.