Old Feb 18, 2015, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QFF Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Etting
it is indeed - J out, Y back...

These are the prices i am seeing

Y return: 812 euros
J out, Y back = 1376
J return: 2706

aka £416 extra to move from Y to J..... I've never flown J either... this does sound like the better optionthe more I think aboutit..

but that £400 is £800 between two of us - thats a lot of wine and nice dinners when we get there
Only you can put a value on how much J is worth to you, but if you've never been in J it might be a good opportunity to give it a go. Is it possible to do Y out and J back for a similar price?

For reference, this is how return J is pricing on BA.com ex-LGW vs ex-DUB. 24 Dec-1 Jan...Certainly know which one I'd prefer to pay!

Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze (woohoo)
Booked in Y return for £598

bargain - exactly the same flights from London are £1260

My first flight is Aer Lingus from DUB-LGW - will our bags be checked all the way through to Barbados? Or will I need to collect them at Gatwick as the terminals are different?

Last edited by Etting; Feb 18, 2015 at 11:52 am
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:13 pm
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by Etting

My first flight is Aer Lingus from DUB-LGW - will our bags be checked all the way through to Barbados? Or will I need to collect them at Gatwick as the terminals are different?
Yes, as your flights are all on the same ticket, they will interline your bags for you at LGW to your onwards BA flight.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by Lioneye
Does BA do CE sales anymore? Not the holiday rubbish - just the flights.
Currently one on the Swiss site for CE flights to London through 30 Jun. Book by 28 Feb.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
There seems to be an exLCY sale in CE being loaded. Text from the email from LCY highlighting the sale:

Club Europe fares from just £199*

Enjoy some exclusive discounted fares on business class journeys with British Airways travelling from London City Airport, with return fares in Club Europe from an incredible £199 per person.

British Airways have included a range of business and leisure destinations, including Madrid, Florence, Ibiza and Dusseldorf, so you can experience British Airways Club Europe at a superb price.
*Bookings must be made by 27 February 2015, and travel must be completed by 14 July 2015. For full terms and conditions, see ba.com/londoncity
I had found a few (LCY-DUS) by doing dummy bookings, the CE sale fare showed with a red "discounted" above the fare, although I can't seem to see them now. I can't find this on itamatrix or expertflyer atm either. I don't think it was appearing on the "find cheapest fare" page either. Will try again later.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:38 am

Programs: BAEC
Though there will be people who can tell you how to earn 1740 TP for the same price, £199 for 80 isn't bad.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by SCSA
Though there will be people who can tell you how to earn 1740 TP for the same price, £199 for 80 isn't bad.
I think you may be pushing the limits of price and TPs there

exEU via HEL, LCY, and PHX to HNL would be 1500 TPs max btw (if booked by 28 April).
Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:44 am

More details found on this page:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...l&utm_content=

London City Offer 2015
Enjoy some exclusive discounted fares on business class journeys with British Airways travelling from London City Airport, with return fares in Club Europe from an incredible £199 per person.

Dublin from £199 return
Amsterdam from £199 return
Dusseldorf from £199 return
Angers from £203 return
Quimper from £205 return
Zurich from £220 return
Granada from £229 return
Madrid from £249 return,
Venice from £249 return
Palma from £252 return
Mahon from £255 return
Ibiza from £260 return
Nice from £269 return
Malaga from £269 return
Florence from £279 return

Travel must be completed by 14 July 2015. Book by 27 February 2015.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
I can only get the exLCY sale fares to show if I do a search via the above link, not by doing a normal search. On the flights list page it says London City Offer 2015 in white in the top right hand side after running the search.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
I can only get the exLCY sale fares to show if I do a search via the above link, not by doing a normal search. On the flights list page it says London City Offer 2015 in white in the top right hand side after running the search.
I can only get the "offer " page to come up from that link. The fares to ZRH around 9th April look available at £224 return but some of the others are still higher.
Is Zurich pleasant for a couple of days ?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:23 am

Programs: BA GGL
Seating is out of the equation, as is a lounge visit, so unless you are in it for an extra 60TPs this is still a very expensive salad!

Pretty sure I was seeing Ibiza for £220 CE rtn earlier this year as well.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:42 am

When is the next BA sale?

As always, each person can make there own determination of whether any particular sale works for them. There are many reasons to take advantage of a sale and to do a trip. The thread is really just to highlight the sales so at least folks are aware.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:48 am

Programs: BA GGL
As always, each person can make there own determination of whether any particular sale works for them. There are many reasons to take advantage of a sale and to do a trip. The thread is really just to highlight the sales so at least folks are aware.
Indeed, not disputing that at all and value is of course personal, but I am just trying to point out for people perhaps not familiar with LCY and the Embraer fleet that there are definitely fewer CE advantages when you go from City.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by PIKnic
I can only get the "offer " page to come up from that link. The fares to ZRH around 9th April look available at £224 return but some of the others are still higher.
Is Zurich pleasant for a couple of days ?
I think it is worth a few days/long weekend. I went there about two years ago and wrote a TR whihc may help you.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-lcy-ba-j.html

I think there is enough to see and do over a few days, and I may use the sale to go again myself.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
I think it is worth a few days/long weekend. I went there about two years ago and wrote a TR whihc may help you.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-lcy-ba-j.html

I think there is enough to see and do over a few days, and I may use the sale to go again myself.
Very nice trip report-thank you. I have never been to Switzerland and fancy giving it a try

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.