Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2020, 9:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Originally Posted by A13
Would love to go back to 2019/20.
lol.

I can see sub-£2k for a fair spread of 2021.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Should’ve grabbed it last week for £1k
Old Oct 21, 2020, 11:19 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by golfmad
Looks quite good. Full terms and conditions at the bottom of this page:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...kpage=HOME#LUX

Highlights:

5. Promoted Club World (business class) fares are round trip, for travel Jan 1 – Sept 30, 2021
9. For new bookings only made between October 14 – October 27, 2020 at 11:59pm EST.
Forgive me for not keeping up with this but what’s the situation regarding rebooking policies for ex-US bookings should Covid continue interrupting travel well into next year?
Old Oct 21, 2020, 11:23 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Forgive me for not keeping up with this but what’s the situation regarding rebooking policies for ex-US bookings should Covid continue interrupting travel well into next year?
It's listed in clause 15 of the terms available at the bottom of the link I provided. Here it is:

15. Flexible booking options – Applies to new bookings on any route made from March 3, 2020 and applies for journeys that are due to have been completed by August 31, 2021. This is including bookings made with travel agents. Excludes franchises airline SUN-AIR. Bookings must be a British Airways ticket only and date changes must be made, or a voucher requested before check-in closes. Any fare difference between existing booking and new booking, including new fare class or cabin, must be paid for. Once the voucher request has been submitted, the voucher will be non-refundable, cannot be exchanged for a refund and can only be used for future bookings. The voucher credit will be for the full value of your fare booking. The voucher provided can be used towards a new British Airways Holiday or British Airways flight only. Voucher can be used as payment, or part payment, for a future booking. The new trip booked using a voucher must be fully completed by April 30, 2022 (departure and return). If you have taken a voucher it cannot be converted to a cash refund in the event that your original flight does not operate. For full details please visit ba.com/confidence.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 11:29 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
While significantly reduced compared to regular ex-USA prices, these are still nowhere near low enough to be tempting for those of us that can also ticket in the opposite direction. Compared to ex-EU or even ex-UK still a good 30%-50% higher depending on class and route. And that despite not knowing when borders for Americans flying east and Europeans flying west will reopen.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 1:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Should’ve grabbed it last week for £1k
Missed out on that, too late by the time I found out
Old Oct 21, 2020, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
While significantly reduced compared to regular ex-USA prices, these are still nowhere near low enough to be tempting for those of us that can also ticket in the opposite direction. Compared to ex-EU or even ex-UK still a good 30%-50% higher depending on class and route. And that despite not knowing when borders for Americans flying east and Europeans flying west will reopen.
So you want to be able to have your cake AND eat the US' cake too?

rb211.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 7:02 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by RB211
So you want to be able to have your cake AND eat the US' cake too?

rb211.
If it tastes good, absolutely!
Old Oct 22, 2020, 6:01 am

Programs: Some
Another BA ex-UK luxury sale just launched.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 6:11 am

Programs: Some
Some crazy pricing here that makes it clear just how much BA is looking to raise cash....

- LHR-JFK £1.6K F return
- LHR-DUB £107 CE return
mhy and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 6:47 am

The small print on the email notes the restrictions: book from midday today until 23:59pm GMT 3rd November, selected destinations in CW/CE from Heathrow and Gatwick.

I've not checked to see whether these 'stack' if booked from the regions, but I do wonder whether - given the limited on-board catering offer, and lack of lounges - people will bite, especially on European routes.

The sale fares on the Low Fare Finder seem to be clustered in January, February, and March - at least for European routes.
Spoiler

Old Oct 22, 2020, 7:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by squawk
The small print on the email notes the restrictions: book from midday today until 23:59pm GMT 3rd November, selected destinations in CW/CE from Heathrow and Gatwick.

I've not checked to see whether these 'stack' if booked from the regions, but I do wonder whether - given the limited on-board catering offer, and lack of lounges - people will bite, especially on European routes.
I have had a quick look at this. Short haul is stackable, or to be more precise allow end-on-end fare construction. So for example NCL-LHR will have a low price CE add-on to these fares and the cost from NCL should be quite reasonable. The longhaul sale fares don't appear to allow this, they are point to point, but the fares are filed from the UK, not just London. So if there was a filed fare for a pair of destinations, the sale should be available. In some cases, I'm thinking NQY, they may not have filed a through fare to all places on BA's network, so that would lose out and would need to consider flying from Cornwall to London the day before on separate tickets.
squawk likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 7:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by squawk

You'd be surprised. We leisure travel about once a month, mostly to Tenerife now as we have a place out there. Of the 4 trips we have done there since Spain went on the quarantine list, every flight is circa 35% full and on a few of those flights half the PAX were in CE.

Before COVID we did most short haul in ET, as with status benefits the premium you pay for CE just isn't worth it most of the time. At these prices though, coupled with no alcohol, a bag of crisps & a couple of biscuits in ET it's a no brainer for us on a 2.5+ hour flight. More so when you throw in the extra Avios and the fact you can voucher anything up to the last minute.
squawk likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 6:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
I can’t see anything to TFS for less than £400 despite what BA’s website and low fare finder say.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Vgravity
I can’t see anything to TFS for less than £400 despite what BA’s website and low fare finder say.
Some in spring - example below

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...Y3dNM0RqM3dFPQ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.