Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
LUXURY SALE ON

1. This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person who is aged 18 years or over. British Airways (BA) reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they accept the terms and conditions set out below.

2. Limited availability of flights at these prices. All promotional fares quoted are from the departure airports stated in the booking and are based on the lowest available price available at this time on ba.com. When viewing fares from departure point ‘London (All)’, the lowest available fare for any one of all the included London Airports will be shown.

3. Book by 17 March 2020. Subject to availability. Booking fees may apply. Advertised flight prices discounted from lowest price available in the 21 days before 27 February 2020. The advertised sale comparison is between the Sale Price and the previous lowest lead in price of same route. Flight prices are updated every 24 hours and are accurate when published and may vary upon reaching subsequent pages.

4. Prices include all taxes, fees and carrier charges, correct as of 20 February 2020.

5. All prices valid from London Heathrow, London Gatwick or London City Airports.

6. Flights to all destinations must be booked between 09:30 GMT 27 February and 23:59 GMT 17 March 2020.

7. a) This promotion applies to return Club Europe, Club World and First tickets booked during the booking period for selected travel routes and for selected travel periods, as follows:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...clickpage=HOME

Last edited by mikeyfly; Feb 27, 2020 at 5:45 am
Old Feb 27, 2020, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Watching the news last night and digesting the turmoil on global stocks I did wonder how long it would be before some sales starting to appear.

IAG FY results tomorrow which whilst they should be relatively positive on the past year.. I'd hate to be the person that has to offer guidance on what the next year is going to look like. They are going to have to make a reference to the potential impact of the virus.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 9:29 am

Programs: BA GGL
I hate myself, but I've just booked HEL CE for £205. A new record for the old 794/799 combo.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 9:56 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by snuffi
I hate myself, but I've just booked HEL CE for £205. A new record for the old 794/799 combo.
Did you manage that as a B2B on a single ticket?
Old Feb 27, 2020, 9:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
Watching the news last night and digesting the turmoil on global stocks I did wonder how long it would be before some sales starting to appear.

IAG FY results tomorrow which whilst they should be relatively positive on the past year.. I'd hate to be the person that has to offer guidance on what the next year is going to look like. They are going to have to make a reference to the potential impact of the virus.
i don’t think the prices will fall. Why should they. It won’t generate demand.

the best what airlines could do it keep the prices up and make as much money as possible with the customers who travel anyway.

If you’re scared of corona you won’t fly to xyz only because it’s cheap.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 10:23 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by alex67500
Did you manage that as a B2B on a single ticket?
No, overnight Sat. Hotels appear to be on sale too, so I turned it into a holiday for £267. This was for September. There were options that were cheaper than that as well, I think I saw £241.
alex67500 and Fatdickie like this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 10:48 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by Nephoi
i don’t think the prices will fall. Why should they. It won’t generate demand.

the best what airlines could do it keep the prices up and make as much money as possible with the customers who travel anyway.

If you’re scared of corona you won’t fly to xyz only because it’s cheap.
I disagree. I'm referring to an attempt to fill empty Business traveller seats with leisure travellers who can make their own decision on whether they want to travel.

My company (large corporate) is requesting travel is cancelled unless absolutely necessary (and to a low risk country). My wife's company (global pharma) doing the same thing. Hearing other companies are doing the same.

I'm not agreeing/disagreeing with these corporate decisions... just saying it is happening and will leave empty seats that I think BA would prefer to fill.. possibly at a lower fare to leisure travellers.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
Can I make the usual complaint that this isn't a proper sale as it doesn't heavily discount the exact date and route I want, but is just a greedy money-making attempt by BA.

There now nobody else has to say it.
Stewie Mac likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 11:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Well they usually tempt me !🤣
Old Feb 27, 2020, 1:05 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Prices were a bit cheaper in the last sale for my Xmas dates
Old Feb 27, 2020, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
The prices for IAD I have been following have not changed from last sale to post sale to to todays luxury sale

Have to say nervous about booking anything!
Old Feb 27, 2020, 2:07 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
JFK for December is still showing mentally higher than ‘normal‘ fares in F&J!
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Does £1500pp for J flights and 5 nights in the Intercontinental Times Sq. seem unusually cheap? Looking at first week in 2021.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:16 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Chammer
Does £1500pp for J flights and 5 nights in the Intercontinental Times Sq. seem unusually cheap? Looking at first week in 2021.
That sounds fairly ‘salesly’ for BA. Flights in J + hotel tend to be in the £1350 - £1900 bracket. It varies for a 3 night or 5 night stay and 1st of Jan to 8th Jan is their cheapest J fare I’ve seen for a long time at £1,176 so if you add the hotel cost on top then this looks pretty good for the 5 nights.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
I disagree. I'm referring to an attempt to fill empty Business traveller seats with leisure travellers who can make their own decision on whether they want to travel.

My company (large corporate) is requesting travel is cancelled unless absolutely necessary (and to a low risk country). My wife's company (global pharma) doing the same thing. Hearing other companies are doing the same.

I'm not agreeing/disagreeing with these corporate decisions... just saying it is happening and will leave empty seats that I think BA would prefer to fill.. possibly at a lower fare to leisure travellers.
yup, clients from US now cancelling trips to London until they know what’s going on with the virus. Business travel is going to be materially down for next several months at least

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.