When is the next BA sale?

Old Jul 4, 2018, 5:21 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by RG1X
I don't really feel like I'm kidding myself. Either it happens, in which case I'll have saved some money, or it wont, in which case I'll buy the flights anyway.
A rare outbreak of common sense

You're clearly not part of 'the lot' I referred to above.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Think part of it is probably that under the well documented Cruz BA stewardship and continual 'enhancements', BA has directed a big focus (over the past year or two) on reducing fares that of course has a knock on effect on everything else once you get on board.

All things considered, certainly to destinations in the States, BA have had very competitive pricing throughout the year and I suspect that's true for other destinations also. They may just feel a sale is unnecessary considering the current price point, particularly for Y seats.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Revenue management will be trying their utmost to be unpredictable with their sales. It is not in their interest to allow people to hold back their bookings for when they think a sale is coming.

There have been very good fares released without the fanfare of sales though. These come and go. Just keep monitoring the journeys you wish to make and when you see an acceptable price, book it. Or as in my case, only book it if you find it exceptional. Unless, of course, you have to travel.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Twitter feed sale update

Not sure how reliable this is, but in response to a question on upcoming sales on 3rd July, the BA twitter team stated that the next sale would not be until ‘September time’. Would seem a bit odd for them to be confirming this publically. I have only posted once before so can’t seem to copy the screenshot but the post and response are still visible on the feed.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:10 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by ILYlad
Not sure how reliable this is, but in response to a question on upcoming sales on 3rd July, the BA twitter team stated that the next sale would not be until ‘September time’. Would seem a bit odd for them to be confirming this publically. I have only posted once before so can’t seem to copy the screenshot but the post and response are still visible on the feed.
Did they say which year
rfrost and Gastrocnemius like this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:23 pm

I've been expecting September for ClubWorld / First sale based on previous experience,
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
VS are doing the same way - Upper Class fares to Chicago etc. under £1.4k but no advertising. Just stumbled on them, doing the very bad drunk flight checking....!
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by MadnessOfCrowds
I've been expecting September for ClubWorld / First sale based on previous experience,
In someways I think they are doing a stealth sale. If you look at the low fare finder most US routes from Jan-May 2019 in Club seem to be in the 1400-1600 range. Just this years dates are suffering from no sale. WT don't seem that bad either but not sure if they are hand luggage only.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by TPloser
In someways I think they are doing a stealth sale. If you look at the low fare finder most US routes from Jan-May 2019 in Club seem to be in the 1400-1600 range. Just this years dates are suffering from no sale. WT don't seem that bad either but not sure if they are hand luggage only.
i just got LHR -BOS in CW for about £950 and a few avios for may next may , quite happy with this

off for a little trip into the white mountains 👌
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:18 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by TPloser
If this is a development it’s actually, in a way, good for FTers, who monitor these things far more closely than Joe public. The fares will be there, but less publicised. The problem of course is that there’s a residual concern the price could drop again in a sale, but if the price is good against your own research/ reference points , go for it.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:45 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by RG1X
I don't really feel like I'm kidding myself. Either it happens, in which case I'll have saved some money, or it wont, in which case I'll buy the flights anyway.
What a sensible and balanced attitude. I’ve been wondering if there would be a complaints thread on the fact that BA haven’t had a Sale. I’ve always assumed that Sales of anything exist to get shot of too much stock. I wonder if, in spite of al the huffing and puffing about “I’m not flying them any more” what people proclaim on here and The Real World are two very different places.

Why ay on earth would any company sell seats at less than the market will bear if they don’t have to? I’d do the same as you and anything extra is bunce.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
BA Holidays Sale now live - book by 10 July.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Vgravity
BA Holidays Sale now live - book by 10 July.
Nothing too exciting though.

Holidays Flash Sale

Save up to £100 on holiday bookings

• £25 extra discount on Flight + Car holidays to any destination for bookings with a minimum spend of £600 per booking.
  • £50 extra discount on flight + hotel/car holidays to any destination for bookings with a minimum spend of £1,250 per booking.
  • £100 extra discount on flight + hotel/car holidays to any destination for bookings with a minimum spend of £2,500 per booking.
Hurry, this offer ends midnight 10 July 2018. Terms and conditions apply.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Crikey this is dull
armouredant and hungry like this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:59 am

Seems to be a fantastic deal in F to CPT /JNB for early next year for anyone interested. It appears you need to book 2 tickets but works out about £2050 per person return, a bit cheaper if you add in car hire

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.