Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: BAEC
It does feel like we haven’t had a sale for sometime but then again this isn’t DFS

I’m glad in a way as Sales only devalue the brand and some people end up waiting for Sales rather than booking fares that could and sometimes are cheaper outside of sale periods.
Old May 13, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Some very cheap fares to PSA early next year - £33/25 each way HBO or £93 return with a bag. That’s our Tuscany holiday sorted! Oddly adding a car makes it silly expensive so booked a car separately.
Old May 13, 2018, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I would have thought we would be due at least a F/CW sale soon to cover the July/August periods.

Regards

TBS
Old May 21, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi All,

Any idea when we may be having a BA sale. I really want to book flight to South Africa however prices are very steep.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 21, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by eugegall
Hi All,

Any idea when we may be having a BA sale. I really want to book flight to South Africa however prices are very steep.

Thanks in advance.
Looked at exEU? I think AMS is good for CPT
Old May 21, 2018, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eugegall
Hi All,

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to Flyertalk! When are you looking to go and in which cabin? Are you open to the idea of some creative routings? Often a “sale” is not the best option
Old May 21, 2018, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyfly

Welcome to Flyertalk! When are you looking to go and in which cabin? Are you open to the idea of some creative routings? Often a “sale” is not the best option
Hello.

Thanks for your reply and welcome.

In an 'ideal' world we would fly London to Johannesburg and then from Cape Town back to London.

Business class would be ideal. Myself and my wife are both BA Bronze and we are one decent flight away from Silver so this is an incentive although its nearly £4k direct with them.

What have you got in mind?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 21, 2018, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#fl...76*.GBP.190033

About £1900 if you are happy to start your journey in Amsterdam- sample dates shown next spring but most dates covered
Old May 21, 2018, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
About £1900 if you are happy to start your journey in Amsterdam- sample dates shown next spring but most dates covered
Thank you.

I've done EX-DUB once before and missed the last leg. Could we do this again at that price do you think?
Old May 21, 2018, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Absolutely on rare occasion - book the last leg from LCY rather than LHR, collect luggage at belt and crack on home
rockflyertalk and eugegall like this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Skywards Plat, Amex Centurion, JPMC Palladium, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
Any idea if a BA sale is coming up soon? Want to book LHR - LAX - LHR for August on First or CW, and noticed the prices went up by 2k pounds a couple of days ago. CW was £2913, now it's almost 4900. Waited for a while, thought prices might go down even more. Boy was I wrong! They usually have a summer sale in late May/Early June every year, so just wondering if a sale is around the corner? Thanks.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jason85
Any idea if a BA sale is coming up soon? Want to book LHR - LAX - LHR for August on First or CW, and noticed the prices went up by 2k pounds a couple of days ago. CW was £2913, now it's almost 4900. Waited for a while, thought prices might go down even more. Boy was I wrong! They usually have a summer sale in late May/Early June every year, so just wondering if a sale is around the corner? Thanks.
I haven't posted this for a while, but just to remind people...

This is rb211's Law of Airline Pricing and Purchasing:
A) If you see what you consider to be a relatively good price and buy there and then, you are guaranteed that the price will go down at some time before the flight.
B) If you see what you consider to be a relatively good price and wait for it to drop, you are guaranteed that the price will only ever go up before the flight.
Best to buy it when you first see it (A.) Yes, you get screwed, but not screwed as much as if you wait. Of course, YMMV, and if it does you are the exception that proves the rule!

As to the question, I don't know - I'm not sure anyone does until they are announced or just before. There are often patterns that are followed, but sometimes they are not (e.g. Brexit means we probably won't see a real Ex-US sale for quite some time!)

rb211.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
There has definately been a policy change re sales this year

I wonder if the forward bookings on BA are very strong?

We have just seen the £50 off offer in April snd the half avios evonomy sale ; both quite unexciting offers

Are BA playing blindmans bluff so people dont get used to sales or......

have virgin or AA had sales? Dont they all mirror each other?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:32 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
There is always a sale come the end of
this month. If a decent sale doesn’t start on the 25th June then something is very different this year.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think relying on a Red or Blue banner telling you there's a sale is a waste of time! The "hidden" or price matched deals over the last few months have been pretty spectacular, we get to see them on here thankfully, I guess most of the general public miss out. I'm not waiting for BA to reduce their long haul J price by £200 or so and make a big deal out of it. Even exLON has seen good fares this year.

The fact you can book West Coast six months ahead for £1,400 exLHR is very decent. Cheaper than exDUB etc

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...01*.GBP.145201

Chuck in a car and I got two for £2,650

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.