Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Easter is approaching
surely a Sale is looming?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Yes... at DFS
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:00 am

Usually we’d see a BA sale around Easter but nothing yet. Any chance of it being loaded tonight?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I think a trick was missed not having a decent sale over Easter... four days of people day dreaming in thoroughly miserable weather..

Oh well, I am sure Revenue have more of a handle on this than me !
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Silver
Maybe we scared the sale away with our reaction to the sudden 2019 F redemptions dearth?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
I think I'll skip on hoping for a sale. If I book any more flights I'll start racking up a few interest charges on the trusty AMEX.

Although the 16'000 avios for 4 return flights in Europe could be considered an Easter deal, I guess.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:57 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
There’s usually a sale around mid-end April/early May isn’t there? With the timing of Easter this year, maybe that’s had something to do with it.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
duplicate deleted
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: LOTS
Smile

Originally Posted by fruitcage
Maybe we scared the sale away with our reaction to the sudden 2019 F redemptions dearth?
I don't understand that comment. This morning I snagged 2x Avios F seats CPT-LHR for March 2019. There were also JNB-LHR seats available.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

If anyone is holding off looking for an official sale say it's definitely worth scrutinising "find our cheapest fares" on a regular basis.

I watch this quite a fair bit and prices fall, sometimes for a few days and longer at times too then they rise again and this applies on many different routes across the whole of the long haul network. Sometimes it's just on a handful of routes where they are trying to sell seats.

As one of a few typical examples, Singapore in Y was showing as only Ł441 for about a week there for April, May and June but is now back up to Ł520.

As a Gold then this is also 16k Avios on the lowest fare plus factoring in GF access, exit row or 25D etc then not a bad deal overall I would say.

The same for World traveller plus, San Francisco can be had ex-UK for Ł812 which is reasonably decent and has dropped from about Ł930. Not so such on the J and F fronts but there are deals. LAX in J was Ł1440 but it's now up to Ł1660.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by fincastle84
I don't understand that comment. This morning I snagged 2x Avios F seats CPT-LHR for March 2019. There were also JNB-LHR seats available.
When most F redemption availability for 2019 vanished before Easter, it was speculated (among many other reasons) that it may have been in preparation for a sale.
After (and who knows whether it was because of) the furore here and elsewhere, the F redemption availability re-appeared earlier this week.

I was suggesting (although certainly tongue-in-cheek) that BA may have reinstated the F redemption availability but as a consequence cancelled a planned sale.

Of course any joke is spoiled by explaining it!

Last edited by fruitcage; Apr 5, 2018 at 7:51 am
Old Apr 8, 2018, 5:27 am

Is a sale looming? And if it is, does it tend to be all classes this time of year or just J/F?
Old Apr 8, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Brisbane Road
Is a sale looming? And if it is, does it tend to be all classes this time of year or just J/F?
Looking at the ‘low fare finder’ a lot of the J fares to N.America out of London are as low as ‘sale’ periods from my memory.

For example Ł1,323 LON - NYC (Sept 18 - Mar 19) is as low or as close to lowest sale fares. I can’t see that route getting much cheaper, unless we all get lucky and it does in fact get cheaper, then prepare for a flood of FTers cleverly working out TP runs and snapping up most of the seats
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:04 am

The low fare finder, I agree- does find pretty low fares.

I was looking more for Y travel though. Usually during a Y sale, you can get a 5-10% reduction (sometimes more) on the current prices quoted, it makes some routes very good value.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Low fare finder is only for ex-UK though right?

Looking for ex-US. Have always seen great sales in the March to May time.period and booked out my summer and Xmas travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.