Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Maybe I'm missing a trick, but nothing realllly stands out to me
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by TPRun
There are some outstanding CE fares from Gatters. £130 (return) to Barcelona for example.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
Originally Posted by scottish minnie
looks like it may be Ex Lon airports only. Good prices ex LGW in J for May dates to US next year but once a connection is added from a Scottish airport the difference is between £800-£1200 per person. That's one very expensive Club Europe connection
Email small print states
"Offer starts at 12:00 GMT on 19 December 2017 and ends 23:59 GMT 30 January 2018 and includes return flights to selected destinations in First, Club World, World Traveller Plus, World Traveller and Club Europe from London Heathrow, London Gatwick, London City, Stanstead, Manchester and Edinburgh Airports, for selected travel periods. Limited promotional seats available. All travel periods for all destinations under promotion are shown on ba.com."

So annoyingly Glasgow isn't included, but Edinburgh fares should be...I've not had a chance to check myself yet....
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: BAEC
£1099 ret to Muscat in CW.

£114 to Nuremburg in CE (very limited).

BOS or JFK, ORD in F for £1800.

OSL - JFK is still available for under £500 in WTP.

£180 to Malaga in CE. (2015 was the last time I saw something similar in that flash sale in CE for £150 for ex-LGW, I'm sure many will remember!)

Just a few that seem decent enough..they maybe many more depending your wish list or hit list.
TPRun likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by florens

There are some outstanding CE fares from Gatters. £130 (return) to Barcelona for example.
Anything good ex-LHR?

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
£1099 ret to Muscat in CW.

£114 to Nuremburg in CE (very limited).

BOS or JFK, ORD in F for £1800.

OSL - JFK is still available for under £500 in WTP.

£180 to Malaga in CE. (2015 was the last time I saw something similar in that flash sale in CE for £150 for ex-LGW, I'm sure many will remember!)

Just a few that seem decent enough..they maybe many more depending your wish list or hit list.
Do you work on commission!? Fair point though. I'll take a deeper play later and see what I find ex-LHR (prob not much, but I'd rather the convenience as I live that side than Gatwick)

I like the sound of Catania in June too - for the TPs and the price!
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:57 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Sods law this happens just as I'm about to get on a flight...but hurray for GoGo internet on AA!

M
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:59 am

Anything good ex-LHR?

Do you work on commission!? Fair point though. I'll take a deeper play later and see what I find ex-LHR (prob not much, but I'd rather the convenience as I live that side than Gatwick)
Others may know better, but LGW tends to offer cheaper fares, I guess due to the higher taxes/charges/APD(?) at LHR. Muscat is LHR.

But yes my commission rate is competitive No mates rates!!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
What dates are we looking at for the CE fares?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:09 am

Others may know better, but LGW tends to offer cheaper fares, I guess due to the higher taxes/charges/APD(?) at LHR. Muscat is LHR.

But yes my commission rate is competitive No mates rates!!
Trip to Muscat it is, then

No mates rates?! There go your shots at the next do... (though, to be fair, it's definitely my round)!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: LOTS
Smile

Some great bargains LHR- CPT in CW & F, with up to £1,200 Avios discount, for Feb/ March. Very unusual to see them so close to departure, obviously not selling as well as in previous years
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by GK1981
Email small print states
"Offer starts at 12:00 GMT on 19 December 2017 and ends 23:59 GMT 30 January 2018 and includes return flights to selected destinations in First, Club World, World Traveller Plus, World Traveller and Club Europe from London Heathrow, London Gatwick, London City, Stanstead, Manchester and Edinburgh Airports, for selected travel periods. Limited promotional seats available. All travel periods for all destinations under promotion are shown on ba.com."

So annoyingly Glasgow isn't included, but Edinburgh fares should be...I've not had a chance to check myself yet....
Thanks - I haven't seen the email yet. Glasgow is very much my preference but Edinburgh will do if I can get a good enough price. I guess the dates I was looking at earlier were the problem as I did search both airports.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
I thought it was because LGW is pretty grim I don't think the Southern Railway strikes helped them much either. Lots of Scottish commuters I know were avoiding LGW due to the unreliable rail connections.
Pleased Muscat is LHR. That's been on my to-do list for a while and I always thought it was a LGW route.
TPRun likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by Raffles
So ... why did you book DXB?!

AUH will be a 787, if they ever get fixed. Travel time from AUH to Jumeirah Beach hotels is almost exactly 1 hour and £40 in a taxi, so only about 30 mins more than flying to DXB. Immigration is also quicker in AUH in my experience so the net time is probably very similar. Assuming you've got 2 kids that would be £800 saved.
We chose DXB for the better flight schedules. Overnight flight on the way out arriving at 7am with a full day ahead.

We did the AUH option last October and it was ok but we didn’t get to the hotel until midnight and ultimately lost a day of the school holidays travelling.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by fluffymitten
I thought it was because LGW is pretty grim I don't think the Southern Railway strikes helped them much either. Lots of Scottish commuters I know were avoiding LGW due to the unreliable rail connections.
Pleased Muscat is LHR. That's been on my to-do list for a while and I always thought it was a LGW route.
I don't think LGW is nearly as grim as the BA fleet flying out of it. Those nasty old 777 which they'll refurbish in 2163.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by fluffymitten
LGW is by far a better place, in my opinion. Since the terminal move and new lounges, which are close to, if not, the best on the network now. Unfortunately if Long Haul then the fleet isn't great as they are older and not refurbed (yet). As for rail connections, yes it's not always great but I wouldn't say any better than piccadilly line, they all have their woes. The new thames link (to come) and full opening of London Bridge in the new year will certainly be a big improvement for LGW rail services. Plus theres a new set of Gatwick Express trains. But anyway, I'm veering off the thread topic...back to the sale deals.

Muscat in F is £1,593. Its a 787 too, unless this is affected by the engine issues and ends up as 777. Still it's First and great price.
fluffymitten likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.