Search

Seat reservations on US

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More, Hemköp kundkort
Seat reservations on US

Hi,
I have made a reservation for travel in April, ARN-LHR-LAX-TUS and return LAS-CLT-LHR-ARN. The LAS-CLT-LHR legs are on US flights, and the BA website says I can make seat reservations for those flights. I’ve tried, but the seat reservations doesn’t seem to stick.
Same thing when I go to the US website directly, I can choose seats but they disappear when I exit the reservation.

Does anyone know if there’s a trick that makes this work, or is there another way I can make seat reservations for those flights?

I should add that the LAX-TUS leg on the outbound is on AA, and seat reservation works fine for that. I’m travelling in Y, no status on One World.

Thanks for any help!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm having the exact same issue so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Glad it's not just me!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Same here. I go in in the US site, change it, it looks like it has changed, exit to summary and it hasn't.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Good to hear I'm not the only one. I've posted in the US forum too (hope that's allowed, if not I apologize). Maybe someone there knows how to solve this problem.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold GGL
I have this too.

I have tried going from the BA site. I've tried direct to the US site. I've called BA and I have called US.

Each time it looks good, I'm told it's done, but it never sticks.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:55 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR
same issue here, a quick call to US Airways and seats were selected without issue
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:08 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by leftorupstairs
same issue here, a quick call to US Airways and seats were selected without issue
Same here, I called them and they fixed it for me (they also assigned me a seat in row 1 which is blocked) ^
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:38 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
I have some US flights coming up in April and it seems very clunky experience I managed to choose my seats by inputting the actual dates of the flights, and I got the US PNR from classiccheckmytrip.com but as I have said only by inputting the actual flight dates not the originating flight date.
John
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thejohn
I have some US flights coming up in April and it seems very clunky experience I managed to choose my seats by inputting the actual dates of the flights, and I got the US PNR from classiccheckmytrip.com but as I have said only by inputting the actual flight dates not the originating flight date.
John
Thanks John, I've tried that now but no luck . Will call US tomorrow and see what they can do.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Did this last year, and you need a different record locator or booking reference, to get onto the US website, and reserve your seats, from what I remember you need to call US and quote your AA/BA number and they will cross reference it and give you their equivalent.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by all ahead full
Did this last year, and you need a different record locator or booking reference, to get onto the US website, and reserve your seats, from what I remember you need to call US and quote your AA/BA number and they will cross reference it and give you their equivalent.
Thanks all ahead. I got the US booking reference and tried that too, but no luck. I just called US though, and they were able to give me decent seats that shows up in the booking when I check it now.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks for the help, I've managed to get my US Airways PNR, and it looks like seats are reserved when I log in there, but they still don't show on BA.com. Time for a call to US I feel.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Works fine for me on RJ.com and I am able to assign facility seats that are blocked in US' MMB.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 3:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
I had this earlier this month and BA CS tried to make me feel I had done something wrong and gave me some guff about seat requests not being guaranteed anyway. For those who collect datapoints, I flew four US legs and not one seat stuck, despite having used the US PNR.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA PP
I had the opposite problem, my seat bookings on BA wouldn't stick when I tried to make them through US. The trick is to get the PNR for the US (in my case BA) flight and go directly to the web site with that. After blocking the seats, call US to make sure they "stuck."

FYI--with the merger there has been a lot of jockeying around of equipment. When this happens, seat assignments disappear, regardless of who you are, status, who you booked through, etc. Keep an eye checking regularly and re-book them if need be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.