Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interlining using Amex 2for1

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:52 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by Globaliser
No, it really isn't that bad now that the rebuilding of the terminal has been fully completed.

Here is my recommended route:-

When you emerge from customs, the main public meet-and-greet area is to your right, with the SA re-check facility ahead and slightly to the left. Do not go into the main meet-and-greet area.

Instead keep to the left and turn hard left opposite the SA re-check facility. There is an up escalator here. Go up that. At the top, turn left, exit through the door and turn left again. Walk around the atrium (the public meet-and-greet area is below you at this point). Continue through the corridor lined with shops on both sides.

When you emerge from that corridor, there's an escalator to your right. Go up that, and you will be in the Terminal B check-in area. Comair check-in desks are towards the far end of the building, closer to domestic departures security.

Porters may offer to help with your luggage (less often if you follow the route I've described). Most importantly, they are officially sanctioned and harmless. They will take no for an answer. But if you use them, AIUI they basically live off the tips that they get.
Thanks for the tip, hopefully I will be doing this in October .
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by kiwicanuck
I would ask the agent if they can book the Indian domestic legs as a "in conjunction" ticket. This effectively creates one PNR with multiple tickets in it and is treated the same as a single ticket
Conjunction tickets date to the days of paper tickets when it was not physically possible to issue a single ticket with more than four coupons (Original, 4 flight coupons, pax receipt and ticketing agent/carrier copy).

Thus, to this day, if you have a 5-segment journey, you will need 2 tickets which are issued in conjunction.

Here, EC 261/2004 alone is a reason not to issue the conjunction ticket. If BA arrives 2:59 late into India, but that causes a misconnect on the internal flight and the delay at the internal destination creeps up, BA becomes liable for EUR 600 (presuming the reason for the delay qualifies). Under the existing situation, if BA arrives 2:59 late and OP misses the last flight of the day, it is OP who bears the cost of purchasing a new ticket, spending a night in a hotel and purchasing a new ticket to the internal destination.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:40 pm

Location: Any of the Following PDX SFO IAH YUL HPN CDG SYD WLG AKL
Programs: AA GLD 1MM, DL DM, UA 1K Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador , Hyatt Platinum
Maybe not possible with BA but I have had American book a revenue ticket (sfo-PDX on UA) in conjunction with an Aa/CX award from HAN-HKG-SFO and it was all considered a single journey
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:25 pm

Location: Any of the Following PDX SFO IAH YUL HPN CDG SYD WLG AKL
Programs: AA GLD 1MM, DL DM, UA 1K Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador , Hyatt Platinum
Interlining using Amex 2for1

However conjunction tickets would also only be applicable if both fares allow end-on-end ticketing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.