Wiki Posts
Search

Twitter Reaction

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 35K
Twitter Reaction

I was just looking through BA's Twitter feed and it looks like it has been getting pretty consistent negative feedback on the EC changes today. "We'll pass on the feedback" seems to be the standard reply, even though I doubt it will make any difference.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA bronze
BA social media team should be fired...

Don't know their own aircraft fleet, so at times post a picture of Aircraft type X with a caption saying its aircraft type Y

When I tweeted CX J class product was so much better than BA tweeted back saying glad to see I liked their one world partner product. No attempt to push BA club class

Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by theultimateflyer
I was just looking through BA's Twitter feed and it looks like it has been getting pretty consistent negative feedback on the EC changes today. "We'll pass on the feedback" seems to be the standard reply, even though I doubt it will make any difference.
Yes there has been quite a twitter shitstorm going on all day, I feel sorry for the social media team having to deal with all the complaints!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Eskimoboy
I feel sorry for the social media team having to deal with all the complaints!
I don't feel sorry for them at all - it's their job to represent their wider company's decisions.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Speedbird218

Don't know their own aircraft fleet, so at times post a picture of Aircraft type X with a caption saying its aircraft type Y

When I tweeted CX J class product was so much better than BA tweeted back saying glad to see I liked their one world partner product. No attempt to push BA club class

Perhaps they deemed it a futile exercise due to the fact they already knew your assertion regarding CX would be difficult to dispute.

The reality is that despite petitions and protestations, BA will not be unduly concerned and it will be business as usual once the furore has died down.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:22 pm

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HiltonHonours: Gold
Originally Posted by Eskimoboy
Yes there has been quite a twitter shitstorm going on all day, I feel sorry for the social media team having to deal with all the complaints!
They have it easy really, wait for complaint, paste default response, submit :-)

If they want to make an effort, search #BAEC and respond proactively, follow steps above.

All they can say is they will take feedback on board. It'll be raised in general, but baec already knew what the general reactions would be....
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Twitter Reaction

But this is the reaction BA expected.

They know it's going to cause some upset, to they pre-advised us on here. As they have done with some other changes to the BAEC, such as the GGL tightening.

While I agree that a lot of people in the Bronze and Silver tiers have inevitably been dumped upon, what's the betting that this forum will still have just as many frequent flyers posting in 12 months?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...

Be fair 218.... I don't think anyone who has experienced both (unless they were incredibly unlucky on their CX flights) would expect BA to mount a defence in the first place. I'd actually give credit to BA on a few aspects , sure, but not so much that I would consider it a close race.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
So, will this have any effect in the end on BA's figures or will they simply find some new mugs to take up the seats vacated by the disgruntled?

Much as though I dislike the changes, I still think it will end up as business as usual.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL
Twitter Reaction

It takes the Twitter people so long to respond even with a cut-and-paste answer.

They're responding to some tweets from seven and eight hours ago now.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: FT
Twitter is the only forum that BA can not censor. It is the best means to criticize these changes.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:10 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
All current bookings will earn at the previous rate, it's only those made post April 28 (or is it 25) that will earn at the new rates.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:06 am

Just to put you right on this issue. That error was digital marketing, not social media, two completely different departments. I quite like my job in the social media team and think I'm rather good at it thank you very much.

Last edited by worjackie14; Jan 29, 2015 at 1:20 am
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:17 am

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
BA'S monopoly will continue to ensure they fill there aircraft. I spend most of my time in Spain and it's virtually impossible to start a long haul from the regional airports without using IAG.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Speedbird876
It takes the Twitter people so long to respond even with a cut-and-paste answer.

They're responding to some tweets from seven and eight hours ago now.
It's a very small team of 34 people covering a 24/7 operation, in a quiet week the BA Twitter feed gets 10k tweets! So given the recent annoucment bring in even more tweets the response times are naturally going to increase.

It's not just a case of responding quickly to Tweets and Direct Messages it's a full service role. So if someone gives us a case reference/PNR/Exec Account to deal with, it's the social media team who resolve the issue. It doesn't get passed out to CR/Change Booking or the Execuitve Club. It's a busy job!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.