Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is the Executive Club call centre still open?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - Silver

I have been trying to call them for over two weeks. Most times it simply says "we are experiencing an extremely high call volume" can cuts off. Not even the option to wait on hold. The one time that I did get into the queue I was left on hold for 3 hours, long past the call centre's closing time. Maybe they expected me to stay on hold until they reopened in the morning?

Ireland doesn't have its own call centre so I am expected to call long-distance. I've already sunk a ton of money into these calls and I'm starting to wonder whether they will ever go through or whether I'm just throwing my money away.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:59 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I called yesterday and after navigating the IR menu was put through to a human in about 15 seconds.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by irishman1986
I have been trying to call them for over two weeks. Most times it simply says "we are experiencing an extremely high call volume" can cuts off. Not even the option to wait on hold. The one time that I did get into the queue I was left on hold for 3 hours, long past the call centre's closing time. Maybe they expected me to stay on hold until they reopened in the morning?

Ireland doesn't have its own call centre so I am expected to call long-distance. I've already sunk a ton of money into these calls and I'm starting to wonder whether they will ever go through or whether I'm just throwing my money away.
Use Skype and call the 800 number for free.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
In the ast 3 weeks have called silver 3 times. First time was well over 70 mins and best 5 minutes. Just like the rest of BA wholly inconsistent!.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:14 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
And probably today they will be receiving and extraordinarily excessive amounts of furious (possibly verging on aggresive) calls from loyal BAEC members not too chuffed at today's announcements.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Read the Terms and Conditions properly and you'll see they will only pick up if:-

i) the caller is standing on one leg
ii) dressed as Napolean
ii) singing the Flower duet by Lakme
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
And probably they soon be enhanced with opening hours to match the hot food service in the club lounges...
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - Silver
They will "be with me as soon as possible," but apparently not in the last 45 minutes. I've probably spent a solid 12 hours on hold over the last 2 weeks and have never spoken to a human being. I get that they are busy but this is beyond absurd. They are just taking the piss. The call centre closes in 20 minutes, and if they don't get to my call by then I'm done with the Executive Club.

Last edited by irishman1986; Jan 29, 2015 at 12:44 pm
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by irishman1986
They will "be with me as soon as possible," but apparently not in the last 45 minutes. I've probably spent a solid 12 hours on hold over the last 2 weeks and have never spoken to a human being. I get that they are busy but this is beyond absurd. They are just taking the piss. The call centre closes in 20 minutes, and if they don't get to my call by then I'm done with the Executive Club.
So are you done?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
I've called them 3 times tonight. Through about as quick as it took to get through the menus. And even got an email from one of call centre staff as well.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: QR Gold, *A Gold, IHG Plat., Hilton Gold, Etihad Guest Gold
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dxezlcyra5...ftere.JPG?dl=0

Website too! Another enhancement?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL
The website can be misleading with respect to numbers especially if not in the UK.

The op says he is Silver and I presume based in Ireland.

If he logs in and goes to Contact British Airways, he will see something like this:

Phone: 0800 xxx (from UK)
or +44 191 xxxx (from outside the UK)

The problem is that the +44 number is not specific to the person's tier and is the Blue contact number.

As you move up the tiers, the 0800 xx number will change but the +44191 will not.

OP, I've sent you a PM.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, AF Gold, some hotels...
Originally Posted by Speedbird876
The website can be misleading with respect to numbers especially if not in the UK.

The op says he is Silver and I presume based in Ireland.

If he logs in and goes to Contact British Airways, he will see something like this:

Phone: 0800 xxx (from UK)
or +44 191 xxxx (from outside the UK)

The problem is that the +44 number is not specific to the person's tier and is the Blue contact number.

As you move up the tiers, the 0800 xx number will change but the +44191 will not.

OP, I've sent you a PM.
Not sure what your point is?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL
Originally Posted by Gold77
Not sure what your point is?
If you decide to phone using the +44191 number, you are using the Blue number. This would normally have a longer queue than the queue for a higher tier.

This number is shown despite being logged in to your account.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, AF Gold, some hotels...
Originally Posted by Speedbird876
If you decide to phone using the +44191 number, you are using the Blue number. This would normally have a longer queue than the queue for a higher tier.

This number is shown despite being logged in to your account.
I see. Maybe he should 'innocently' dial the GGL line?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.