Fast track and CCR guesting

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2015, 6:59 pm
mry
Original Poster

Programs: BA, AA, Alaska Air, Air Canada
Fast track and CCR guesting

Not sure so just wanted to clarify.
My wife and I are traveling in F. Child with nanny would be at the back. I am pretty certain we can guest both our nanny and child into the CCR. How would "Fast track" work?
Thank you.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mry
My wife and I are traveling in F. Child with nanny would be at the back. I am pretty certain we can guest both our nanny and child into the CCR. How would "Fast track" work?
Thank you.
No issue on fasttrack. good luck
Old Jan 25, 2015, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mry
Thank you.
Assuming you are originating from LHR:

Yes you can each (you and the wife) take a guest into the CCR.

If they are both in J, and/or hold OneWorld Sapphire/Emerald status, they are entitled to the Fast Track security themselves. If they are in Y/W and statusless, then you can probably get away with guesting them into the fast track lane at LHR, although you will need to find a staff member now because the electronic gates are programmed to decline unentitled boarding passes.

However you may find it interesting to send them through the slow track so that they can be at the White Doors before you.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
One guest in Fast Track security is a published benefit for Emerald and Sapphire only, so if you don't have status, you may be denied a guest.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Originally Posted by mry
Child with nanny would be at the back.
Only on FT could the above mean the following

Originally Posted by Calchas
If they are both in J
I am guessing though that the OP meant really down the back.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by economyman
Only on FT could the above mean the following

I am guessing though that the OP meant really down the back.
Well if you're the pilot everything is down the back, right? Same principle for F.

It seemed slightly odd to me that there would be such a disparity between parent and child (no further comment given on that) so I thought best to cover all bases.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:57 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS)
Well if you're the pilot everything is down the back, right? Same principle for F.

It seemed slightly odd to me that there would be such a disparity between parent and child (no further comment given on that) so I thought best to cover all bases.
"Nanny in Y" is almost a trope on FT at this point.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...rst-class.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...questions.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...y-c-class.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...d-twins-2.html

etc
Old Jan 26, 2015, 1:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata, Turkish Elite... oh yeah, and of course: Starbucks Gold :P
It seemed slightly odd to me that there would be such a disparity between parent and child (no further comment given on that)
Considering my dad, it would have been the disparity between him and the nanny that would have seemed odd to me

Anyway, fast track is worth a try... even if guesting is not actually a publishes benefit of F.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:45 am
mry
Original Poster

Grandmother is actually doubling as the nanny. My wife and I are treating ourselves on points (and 2-1). Thus the big disparity between parent and child.
She has kindly agreed to look after the little one in exchange for us treating her to her first trip to Europe since 1975(!!).
Yes, they will be in Y.
Thank you for all your help
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mry
Grandmother is actually doubling as the nanny. My wife and I are treating ourselves on points (and 2-1). Thus the big disparity between parent and child.
She has kindly agreed to look after the little one in exchange for us treating her to her first trip to Europe since 1975(!!).
Yes, they will be in Y.
Enjoy!

Fast Track at Heathrow doesn't really make any difference. It's a queue of the same length as the other queues. However you all get lounge access.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:34 pm
mry
Original Poster

Enjoy!

Fast Track at Heathrow doesn't really make any difference. It's a queue of the same length as the other queues. However you all get lounge access.
Just for clarification, in my experience the main benefit of "Fast Track" is at the passport check and conformance check area just after arriving from an international flight. This what I was referring to.
In my experience it has taken 20-30 minutes in the regular lane versus 1-2 minutes in the fast track lane. Perhaps I misspoke?
I agree that in the regular security check area Fast Track doesn't live up to its name.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:44 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mry
Just for clarification, in my experience the main benefit of "Fast Track" is at the passport check and conformance check area just after arriving from an international flight. This what I was referring to.
In my experience it has taken 20-30 minutes in the regular lane versus 1-2 minutes in the fast track lane. Perhaps I misspoke?
I agree that in the regular security check area Fast Track doesn't live up to its name.
There is no fast track anymore for the passport check and conformance for INT-DOM connections at T5. It was closed around June 2014. As you can imagine this has not been popular. There is still a fast track lane going up the esclators and at north security for connecting passengers for what it is worth - which is not very much!

There is still a fast track for INT-INT passengers, although obvioulsy this does not involve any immigration officers.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 4:38 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by mry
Yes, they will be in Y.
Wow. Just wow!!
Old Jan 26, 2015, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mry
Ah yes, I see! Just enter the fast track queue and say they are with you, you'll probably be okay. Push comes to shove you'll have to guest them in after your first couple of glasses of LPGS.

Originally Posted by KARFA
There is still a fast track for INT-INT passengers, although obvioulsy this does not involve any immigration officers.
Indeed this is INT-INT but for some destinations a passport/visa check (by BA) may take place at the transit desk no?

Also for our American and Canadian friends unfamiliar with such arrangements they might be reassured that there is no need to enter the UK merely to leave again.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 4:52 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Indeed this is INT-INT but for some destinations a passport/visa check (by BA) may take place at the transit desk no?
I think you are right, so for places where a visa is needed perhaps the BA member of staff does check whether you have a visa - or do they rely on checks by the check in agent at the outstation where you boarded the incoming flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.